ImageImageImageImageImage

Is it just me or is Breen overly negative

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Re: Is it just me or is Breen overly negative 

Post#101 » by Workforce250 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:32 am

KnicksScholar24 wrote:The only good thing about NBA League Pass is that they never show the Knicks feed. It's always the other team's announcers. It's good because I don't have to listen to Breen, but it's bad because I can't listen to Clyde.

It's also bad, because I have to hear the other team's announce say the same B.S. about the Knicks being the oldest team in the league over and over again. Every League Pass game that I've seen this season the Knicks age has been the main topic of the opposing team's announcers, especially in the pregame and first quarter.

hahaha, yea they say something like let's see how the next few games will effect the older Knick players. I smh, cause we have 5 players out of 14 that are over 35.... :lol:
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
And1: 51

Post#102 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:19 am

i remember him spewing a bunch of nonsense when artest threw that elbow at harden saying how he's come so far and its sad to see him him revert to this etc...yeah dudes annoying fersur

JR : Next Gen
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 206

Post#103 » by yaboynyp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:34 am

Breen is one of the best announcers in the game and he’s a Knicks fan/New Yorker through and through… Dude gets a pass from me. I don’t need a cheerleader slurping the whole team the whole time like Tommy Heinsohn or some chit...
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#104 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:09 am

I don't think Knicks fans want a Tommy Heinsohn caliber homer as their announcer, but maybe just one that doesn't have an orgasm every time the opposing team hits a big shot against the Knicks.

I personal don't mind someone being critical of Knicks players/coaches when they are playing/coaching poorly. I do it a lot.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#105 » by yaboynyp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:54 pm

KnicksScholar24 wrote:I don't think Knicks fans want a Tommy Heinsohn caliber homer as their announcer, but maybe just one that doesn't have an orgasm every time the opposing team hits a big shot against the Knicks.

I personal don't mind someone being critical of Knicks players/coaches when they are playing/coaching poorly. I do it a lot.

So somewhere in between slurping and objective is what “Knicks fans want” is what your saying? I’m a knicks fan and I’m fine with him being objective, and playing it straight.
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 458

Post#106 » by kNicksGmen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:43 pm

yaboynyp wrote:
KnicksScholar24 wrote:I don't think Knicks fans want a Tommy Heinsohn caliber homer as their announcer, but maybe just one that doesn't have an orgasm every time the opposing team hits a big shot against the Knicks.

So somewhere in between slurping and objective is what “Knicks fans want” is what your saying? I’m a knicks fan and I’m fine with him being objective, and playing it straight.

that's the issue, he's not objective and he doesn't play it straight. he was noticeably less annoying so far this season because the knicks have been winning but i'm sure he'll revert back to his old ways soon. i didn't watch the espn feed but from what i heard he was his old self in that game. i can only stand him when he does commentary with van gundy because he gets put in his place for being a tool and agreeing with the refs on obvious bad calls.
Starks
Veteran
And1: 408

Post#107 » by Starks » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:29 pm

I don't know Breen as much as some of y'all do, but I think someone made a good point about Breen maybe trying to sometimes go out of his way to avoid being called a homer, sounding a bit pessimistic in the process...

Anyway, I didn't know he was a former referee, was it in the NBA ?
mattzane227
Junior
And1: 46

Post#108 » by mattzane227 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:45 pm

SUPERB!!!!!
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,589

Post#109 » by Stannis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:34 am

I have actually come to like Breen. I don't live in NY so I watch the Knicks on League Pass, which only uses the MSG feed half the time. Breen just is not a pure homer, which I like, because the other home announcers are just utterly annoying. They blame the referees every game unless they are blown out.

Breen and Frazier work well together.
Free Palestine
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#110 » by Workforce250 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:04 am

Objectivity is not the issue as Breen is not the obvious homer as others, which is throwup.
The issue is that he has built an obvious negative image of certain Knick players. His views on NY players is not on par to how he bestows permission on Lebron, Wade, and Kobe. Rarely does he give them the benefit, For example when Melo swats and picks off a ball, he would say "it looks like an obvious foul" while the slow mo clearly shows that it was clean.
It's the benefit of the doubt.
That is why I like JVG, Troy Aikman, Collingsworth, Gruden and even Hubie Brown. He is also too ref friendly, just ask JVG, he's taken him to task for it on nationally televised games.
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#111 » by Workforce250 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:00 pm

see what I mean? that was a steal by Kidd and BREEN calls it a sloppy play by Indiana.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#112 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:01 pm

He sided with Chandler and not the refs. You're biased.
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#113 » by Workforce250 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:He sided with Chandler and not the refs. You're biased.

perhaps
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#114 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Breen praising Melo again. Such a negative Nancy.
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#115 » by Workforce250 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Breen praising Melo again. Such a negative Nancy.

"negative nancy" :wink:
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#116 » by Workforce250 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Workforce250 wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:Breen praising Melo again. Such a negative Nancy.

"negative nancy" :wink:
ok
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#117 » by Workforce250 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:45 pm

see what I mean. he assumed doube Ts... wheres the objectivity?
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#118 » by yaboynyp » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:20 pm

kNicksGmen wrote:
yaboynyp wrote:

that's the issue, he's not objective and he doesn't play it straight. he was noticeably less annoying so far this season because the knicks have been winning but i'm sure he'll revert back to his old ways soon. i didn't watch the espn feed but from what i heard he was his old self in that game. i can only stand him when he does commentary with van gundy because he gets put in his place for being a tool and agreeing with the refs on obvious bad calls.

Again I’m fine with him being objective, by definition the term “objective” is interpretive so arguing that is pointless..
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#119 » by blueNorange » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:24 pm

the reasons people hate breen for are silly
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Hijinks
Analyst
And1: 1,327

Post#120 » by Hijinks » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:09 pm

I like his chemistry with Clyde. Breen is just callng the game pretty much down the middle, wich i like.

Besides, my head itself is filled with homer calls, i dont need another dude to tell me that my knicks are getting robbed every night! :-)
too many urkels on your team, that's why your wins low

Return to New York Knicks