What if Bosh and Wade signed with CLEVELAND?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

EGarrett
Sixth Man
And1: 250

What if Bosh and Wade signed with CLEVELAND? 

Post#1 » by EGarrett » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm not too concerned with the cap situation here. I know that there was a deal on the table where the Cavs could've acquired Bosh and Bosh refused, but what if they had been able, and instead of "The Decision," Lebron stayed home and lured Wade and Bosh to be his sidekicks there?

Would you like the Cavs team more than you like the Heat? (or less)

Would you feel it was more acceptable? (if you felt the Decision was unacceptable)
Zarko
Veteran
And1: 208

Re: What if Bosh and Wade signed with CLEVELAND? 

Post#2 » by Zarko » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:02 pm

Lebron wouldn't be the sole target of hate. He wouldn't have joined a larger market on the beach, he wouldn't have screwed over his hometown fans, and there wouldn't be a whole not 1, 2, 3 etc.

edit: it would still be bad for the league though
The iL MaGo Era BEGINS
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#3 » by EscapoTHB » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:05 pm

How would it be bad for the league? Aren't TV ratings good for the league?
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#4 » by JordansBulls » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:15 pm

Lebron wouldn't had got the hate because simply other guys would be joining him instead of him joining other guys including a proven winner.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Prop
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#5 » by Prop » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:26 pm

JordansBulls wrote:Lebron wouldn't had got the hate because simply other guys would be joining him instead of him joining other guys including a proven winner.

they'd all still end up being on the same team so it makes absolutely no difference, no matter how you spin it.
Mingstar
Senior
And1: 25

Post#6 » by Mingstar » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 pm

bosh wanted to join wade....then lebron came along

/the end
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,502

Post#7 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:59 pm

I don't think they had enough cap space to make it work. But all of America wouldn't hate him, then.

Side note: Bosh and Wade went to Cleveland in 2014 in one of my 2k13 associations, while Lebron stayed behind. :lol:
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
StatLine
Veteran
And1: 1,723

Post#8 » by StatLine » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

LeBron wouldn't be viewed as such a villain, but we wouldn't see man LeBron that he is today, we would still see that boy LeBron.
Andre3822
Bench Warmer
And1: 418

Post#9 » by Andre3822 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Cleveland would've been legit.
FingerRoll
Sixth Man
And1: 336

Post#10 » by FingerRoll » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:16 pm

LeBron is such a dick for leaving Cleveland. Hopefully Dan Gilbert can get the team a championship before LeBron gets his.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,502

Post#11 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:47 pm

FingerRoll wrote:LeBron is such a dick for leaving Cleveland. Hopefully Dan Gilbert can get the team a championship before LeBron gets his.
:lol:
This made me laugh much harder than I should have.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 78

Post#12 » by JustAwesome » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:51 pm

EGarrett wrote:I'm not too concerned with the cap situation here. I know that there was a deal on the table where the Cavs could've acquired Bosh and Bosh refused, but what if they had been able, and instead of "The Decision," Lebron stayed home and lured Wade and Bosh to be his sidekicks there?

Would you feel it was more acceptable? (if you felt the Decision was unacceptable)

The hate would still be there. This isn't so much about the franchise or the city. It's about a team other than your own having an advantage and a clearer path towards the championship. That's what the hate is about, but most people won't admit it.
EGarrett
Sixth Man
And1: 250

Post#13 » by EGarrett » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:54 pm

JustAwesome wrote:
EGarrett wrote:I'm not too concerned with the cap situation here. I know that there was a deal on the table where the Cavs could've acquired Bosh and Bosh refused, but what if they had been able, and instead of "The Decision," Lebron stayed home and lured Wade and Bosh to be his sidekicks there?

The hate would still be there. This isn't so much about the franchise or the city. It's about a team other than your own having an advantage and a clearer path towards the championship. That's what the hate is about, but most people won't admit it.
Teams with clear path to titles I don't hate...

2012 Thunder
2011 Mavericks
2008 Celtics
2007 Spurs
2006 Heat
2005 Pistons
2003-2000 Lakers
Stockton/Malone Utah Jazz
Any Bulls team
Any Lakers team from 80's
Any Celtics team from 80's
Any team pre-1980, ever.

Team I do strongly dislike...

2010-2013 Miami Heat

Clearly your explanation is insufficient.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by GeneralNbaFan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:48 pm

The point is : The best player and a top 3 player and a top 10-15 player just made a plan to play together.... I dont care where they play..... if your the best then you try to beat the bests.....
I always thought that Lebron is an all-time talent (even GOAT)....
The only real franchise players were Lebron Wade Bosh and Howard in the east at that time (besides Boston/declining) and 3 joined for a free pass to the finals.....
GratefulDead
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#15 » by GratefulDead » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:52 pm

I think the whole point was nobody wanted to play in CLEVELAND
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,809

Post#16 » by Joao Saraiva » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:54 pm

If I would like more the Cavs? They're still the franchise I like the most in the East.

Would I like the Heat less? Yes. LBJ is my fav player so it's normal to root for him. Like Carter in Toronto and then in the Nets...

Would LeBron be hated? Hell yeah. He already was in Cleveland. Going to the Heat was just an excuse for haters to root even more against him, so that excuse would still be there because of Bosh or Wade. You can see Wade was described as a true competitor, a true great etc etc. by LBJ haters and now Wade is just declining on every conversation and a dirty player, an ass for everything he does.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#17 » by CB-Blazer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:57 pm

It would have bugged me regardless of where they teamed up.

My problem with the situation is that I want to see Lebron and Wade battling each other, not together.

With James being the best player in the leauge, I wanted to see him accept a challenge, not team up and take the easiest route to a title.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by GeneralNbaFan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:01 pm

CB-Blazer wrote:
My problem with the situation is that I want to see Lebron and Wade battling each other, not together.

Thats my problem too.....
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,809

Post#19 » by Joao Saraiva » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 pm

CB-Blazer wrote:It would have bugged me regardless of where they teamed up.

With James being the best player in the leauge, I wanted to see him accept a challenge, not team up and take the easiest route to a title.

Actually it's not that easy to go to a team of a MVP candidate and be the undisputed alpha dog. If LeBron would have won with Wade being the alpha dog in 2011 it would be a huge thing against LBJ.

Cleveland failed to give him a 2nd option. Mo Williams was the closest. Come on. Not even in Utah Mo is a legit #2 guy. And that's a team fighting to go to the playoffs.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#20 » by CB-Blazer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Joao Saraiva wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:It would have bugged me regardless of where they teamed up.

Actually it's not that easy to go to a team of a MVP candidate and be the undisputed alpha dog. If LeBron would have won with Wade being the alpha dog in 2011 it would be a huge thing against LBJ.

Cleveland failed to give him a 2nd option. Mo Williams was the closest. Come on. Not even in Utah Mo is a legit #2 guy. And that's a team fighting to go to the playoffs.

Everyone knows Lebron can ball. If Lebron had the same mental mindset as a Kobe or MJ, we would be looking at a completely different legacy.

I'm not saying that Lebron shouldn't have gone to a team with help, nobody has won a title by themselves and I'm still quite surprised how far Lebron carried those sorry Cav teams.

However, I think people would have much more respect if Lebron went to a team that had a 2nd teir star and were lacking the super star, as opposed to forming a damn all-star boyband in Miami.

Lebron took the easy route to a championship. Which if thats what he wants, that is what he wants. However, that doesn't mean that as a fan of the NBA, I have to agree and support the idea.

For the talent Lebron has, he sure is a mental midget.

Return to The General Board