ImageImageImageImageImage

Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Do you agree?

Yes, I want Bargs moved.
88%
No, we should be patient.
12%

Total votes: 362

ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,853

Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani 

Post#541 » by ThatClockWork » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 pm

Young_Buc wrote:would LOVE perk and our pick back. Ideal.

This!
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#542 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:21 pm

C.Boshly wrote:
Choker wrote:I honestly think that OKC management might be open to the idea of trading Perkins just for the fact that Brooks won't play him. Much different situations but the Bulls did the same with Keith Bogans, despite starting all 82 games for them in Rose's MVP year. They waived him just so Thibs can't play him. OKC can't do the same because Perkins' contract is big and can at least be used for trade bait.

Perkins + our pick back would be pretty awesome. If that pulls through we would have essentially traded Andrea Bargnani for Kendrick Perkins and Kyle Lowry.

Why would OKC be open to trading Perkins when it seems inevitable that they meet up with Howard's Lakers in the playoffs?

I could see it happening before but I think they give Perk at least one more year with the team and see what happens VS. the Lakers.

Exactly why I don't see it happening.

...but of course I would love if it did....maybe add Gray?!
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,816

Post#543 » by SaveTheHens » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:30 pm

TheGoodDoctor wrote:
C.Boshly wrote:
Choker wrote:I honestly think that OKC management might be open to the idea of trading Perkins just for the fact that Brooks won't play him. Much different situations but the Bulls did the same with Keith Bogans, despite starting all 82 games for them in Rose's MVP year. They waived him just so Thibs can't play him. OKC can't do the same because Perkins' contract is big and can at least be used for trade bait.

Perkins + our pick back would be pretty awesome. If that pulls through we would have essentially traded Andrea Bargnani for Kendrick Perkins and Kyle Lowry.

Why would OKC be open to trading Perkins when it seems inevitable that they meet up with Howard's Lakers in the playoffs?

I could see it happening before but I think they give Perk at least one more year with the team and see what happens VS. the Lakers.

Exactly why I don't see it happening.

They have Ibaka and Thabeet. I think that would be a good trade for both teams.
kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#544 » by kwamebargnani » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:35 pm

TheGoodDoctor wrote:Exactly why I don't see it happening.

HAHAHAHA yeah, Gray is gonna change everything.
lander
Veteran
And1: 768

Post#545 » by lander » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:48 pm

Hero wrote:So I'm reading the TSN article and I find this...

"We can't afford to play such bad defence -- especially against this type of team," Bargnani said. "One day we play good defence and then there are games like today where we play very bad defence, so I can't say it's getting better. We have to focus more and give a better effort."

Unbelievable.

:rofl:
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#546 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:11 pm

kwamebargnani wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:Exactly why I don't see it happening.

HAHAHAHA yeah, Gray is gonna change everything.

Obviously when I'm suggesting a guy as a throw in I'm not acting like he's the make or break lol

It's just so OKC has some depth at C and a big body when they give up Perkins.
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#547 » by HomieOmey » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:41 pm

Who cares what little Perkins does to stop Dwight when they're still going to have to pay Perkins next season (when they likely don't want to). If Bargnani works out for them, they still have a big body who has always been solid enough as a man defender, and best case scenario they finally get some production from their front court. With Perkins on the roster, they probably don't re-sign Kevin Martin. Having some offensive fire power off the bench could come in handy.
TurboZ
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#548 » by Young_Buc » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:54 pm

HomieOmey wrote:Who cares what little Perkins does to stop Dwight when they're still going to have to pay Perkins next season (when they likely don't want to). If Bargnani works out for them, they still have a big body who has always been solid enough as a man defender, and best case scenario they finally get some production from their front court. With Perkins on the roster, they probably don't re-sign Kevin Martin. Having some offensive fire power off the bench could come in handy.

Exactly. For us, I think flipping Perk for Millsap would be amazing.

For so many reasons I see him as the ideal stretch 4 for this team. Hope we can sign him.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#549 » by dagger » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 am

HomieOmey wrote:Who cares what little Perkins does to stop Dwight when they're still going to have to pay Perkins next season (when they likely don't want to). If Bargnani works out for them, they still have a big body who has always been solid enough as a man defender, and best case scenario they finally get some production from their front court. With Perkins on the roster, they probably don't re-sign Kevin Martin. Having some offensive fire power off the bench could come in handy.

Do any of you ever try to ask the obvious question: How does trading Bargnani to OKC help OKC re-sign Kevin Martin? Bargnani makes more than Perkins! I mean I know Bargnani hate warps the brain, but if you are going to propose a trade, try to make it work for the other team. Just try, a teeny little bit.

Now, Jose for Perkins, Jones and Maynor is interesting, and might help OKC better in the short run if they really think Ibaka can hold the fort at C (I doubt they do.) Jose's experience and change of pace from Westbrook might really work in a long playoff scenario.

If OKC wants cap relief, and Utah wanted Perkins (which I don't think they do), they can trade him to the Jazz for Millsap even up.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#550 » by HomieOmey » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:14 am

I'm not in love with the idea of trading Bargs just to get our pick back.
TurboZ
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,038

Post#551 » by Scase » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 am

dagger wrote:

Do any of you ever try to ask the obvious question: How does trading Bargnani to OKC help OKC re-sign Kevin Martin? Bargnani makes more than Perkins! I mean I know Bargnani hate warps the brain, but if you are going to propose a trade, try to make it work for the other team. Just try, a teeny little bit.

Now, Jose for Perkins, Jones and Maynor is interesting, and might help OKC better in the short run if they really think Ibaka can hold the fort at C (I doubt they do.) Jose's experience and change of pace from Westbrook might really work in a long playoff scenario.

If OKC wants cap relief, and Utah wanted Perkins (which I don't think they do), they can trade him to the Jazz for Millsap even up.

Bargs makes a measly 2m more than perk so it's pretty inconsequential. As for Martin, who knows if they even want to resign him. Not to mention if the change of scenery does bargs some good they can keep him instead and use him as the off the bench scorer which is what he SHOULD be.

It's not like this is absolutely one sided OKC gets some benefit from it too. Most importantly Bargs playing to career averages basically earns his contract while perkins isn't even worth half his. It's not always about straight dollars it's about value too.

As for Jose I honestly have no interest with trading with OKC unless we get our pick back. That is IMO the main reason to even bother trading with them. Getting rid of JC/Bargs and getting perk doesn't make our situation any better. JC is expiring and dependable so he will most likely have more value than that near the deadline with teams looking to make a push. Bargs' contract ends just when Perk does and it's a bigger expiring as well.
Props TZ!
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#552 » by Young_Buc » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:28 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6160142

This trade make sense for both parties?

Bulls Trade
Boozer
Deng
Teague

Raps Trade
Bargs
Jose
Kleiza

Why the Bulls do it: DRose is out until the 2nd half of the season and Hienrich is not solid enough to guarantee a solid seed. Bargnani provides much needed scoring and Thibs could mask his defense. They rid themselves of the huge contract that is Carlos Boozer. Kleiza is just trade fodder.

Why the Raps do it: Starting Small Forward (possibly the ideal one) take on Boozer who is a stretch 4, who can at least rebound better than Bargnani (being paid ridiculously) Teague provides a young backup.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,542

Post#553 » by Mak » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:49 am

Bargnani + Amir for Gasol
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,038

Post#554 » by Scase » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:14 am

Mak wrote:Bargnani + Amir for Gasol

This isn't NBA2kX the other team actually has to agree to the trade you know....
Props TZ!
dagger
RealGM

Post#555 » by dagger » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:23 am

Scase wrote:As for Jose I honestly have no interest with trading with OKC unless we get our pick back.

Here's where I feel differently. I'm not very concerned about the damn pick. It's a shiaty draft, and it lacks what we need most - a small forward and a point guard. Our need for a small forward is obvious. Our need for a point guard, less so, but with Jose a UFA and Lowry entering a contract year, I would love to have a youngish backup with a bit of upside, especially since Lowry is a bit injury prone.

Acquiring Maynor - an RFA - and Perry Jones, who can play SF, would give us options at those two positions. The pick, if it's top 3, stays with us and outside Shabazz all you find right now in slots 4-10 are bigs. I think it would be more valuable to us to acquire young assets with a bit of experience as well as upside rather than put another green one in the rotation.
youreachiteach
Veteran
And1: 570

Post#556 » by youreachiteach » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:33 am

Dagger, love that trade long term for us....but I doubt that OKC does it.

Not that Jose wouldn't be a big improvement for their shoot first point guard--but Maynor knows the system and defends better than Calderon. For that reason, I think OKC might decline.

Seeing as Brooks appears to me to be a primarily a defensive coach (starts Perkins AND Sefolosha) I find it hard to believe he'd allow a point guard like Calderon to play on his team. The thing is, he should. With all the athleticism and shot-blocking they have, they could carry him easily, and their bigs would be so much more productive and take pressure off of Westbrook, Durant and Martin.

Maynor appears to be playing better lately (despite starting the season off poorly) and I'm not sure they'd part with him now.
dagger
RealGM

Post#557 » by dagger » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:36 am

youreachiteach wrote:Dagger, love that trade long term for us....but I doubt that OKC does it.

Not that Jose wouldn't be a big improvement for their shoot first point guard--but Maynor knows the system and defends better than Calderon. For that reason, I think OKC might decline.

Maynor appears to be playing better lately (despite starting the season off poorly) and I'm not sure they'd part with him now.

We get hundreds of trade ideas and almost none of them ever presage what happens with real trades. Yes, OKC might not do that trade. But it's not the craziest idea. They will lose Maynor next summer, whereas Jose would likely re-sign with them. Just sayimg, there is some sense for them from their POV.
youreachiteach
Veteran
And1: 570

Post#558 » by youreachiteach » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:45 am

No, it's definitely a doable trade, it really just depends on what Brooks and the management want.

And overall, I agree, at least it provides the kind of appropriate long term value we need if we DO trade Bargs, because if we do, we are definitely going back to the lottery again (not just the vague attempt we are making now:)--albeit with better pieces (Lowry, Demar, Jones, Val, Ed etc.).

Yep. We need more suggestions like this that don't trade Bargs away for pennies on the dollar. He does need to get dealt, but he needs to be dealt for something appropriate.
nickster_c
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#559 » by nickster_c » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:36 am

My ideal trade would be something like

Bargnani + Fields for Pau Gasol

Val is the future of this franchise, and I think we need a veteran big who can pair well with him and help his development. Everyone wants to toss in Bargnani + Calderon for Gasol, but I think Fields is a better fit. He's been terrible (although possibly injured), but he played great under D'Antoni in his rookie season so the Lakers may actually want him. This gets us out of an extra year of Bargnani and Fields to give us a bit more financial flexibility, and as I mentioned before we have one of the best do it all bigs to teach Val what he needs to be successful.

Our lineup would then become something like:

Lowry/Calderon
Derozan/Ross
Craptacular/Kleiza
Ed Davis/Amir
Gasol/Val

As an added benefit we get some extra playing time for Ed and we have a chance to see what he's worth. Hopefully the upgrade in our frontcourt gets us into the playoffs so we can retain our pick, and then in the offseason we throw a bunch of money at Aminu who will be an UFA since NO declined his 4th year option.

Calderon takes a pay cut to stay with the only franchise he's known (and to play with Gasol). Valanciunas keeps improving, and maybe Special Ed is actually a decent starting PF in this league. Then when Gasol's contract is up he can take a substantial play cut to stay here and come off the bench. Everyone talks about how he's declining, but Tim Duncan/Garnett are even older and have more mileage on their legs, and yet their per minute numbers have been remarkably consistent with their career numbers even as they age. I see no reason why Gasol can't maintain the same trajectory as he ages.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#560 » by Hero » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:51 am

Sorry to break it to you but NOBODY wants Fields with that contract.

Return to Toronto Raptors