LAL Gets J.Smith... CHA/BKN/LAL/ATL

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Re: LAL Gets J.Smith... CHA/BKN/LAL/ATL 

Post#41 » by parson » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:What is Kyler's connection to the Hawks?
Those are all his tweets.
Are there any Atlanta beat writers that have been passing along info?

I hear ya. And, personally, I greatly prefer your gut feeling over some sportswriter from Hoopsworld who goes to "all parties" and asks them.

As for the Atlanta writers, yeah, they've already printed what you're asking about -- and I've quoted them on this board. It's just that no one seems to want to believe them.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#42 » by theatlfan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:You're not getting any win now pieces..its Brooks, picks and savings. This deal ensures a very good pick.

Also you can sign an trade but your limited to non tax paying teams, and teams that can afford him wont give you anything. Sign and trades don't give that 5th year anymore either.

Not necessarily looking for "win now" pieces; MKG is an impact talent that isn't necessarily a win now piece. Not saying I expect to land an MKG, but if Smoove is on the table, then I expect someone to bring quality pieces to the table over late lottos and a nice 6th man prospect. If LAL can find that for Gasol and are willing to send those pieces back to us, then fine, I have no problem sending Smoove to LAL. If not, then sorry - the Hawks don't exist to be someone else's Developmental Squad.
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#43 » by Kobe System » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 pm

MagicFan32 wrote:Josh Smith can't sign in LA as a free agent, he has no leverage, really there's nowhere for him to go this summer
then again the league is rigged so i'm sure the lakers can get him for crap

Then CP3 trade happened. :roll:
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#44 » by old rem » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 am

The Nets have emough of guys past 30 with monster contracts. If the Lakers can get them to take on Pau...they sure can't attach Artest and the Nets won't be tossing in a Rd 1. The Bobs might be okay with this, but it's weak for ATL and if the Nets bail...and they should....then how are the Lakers dumping all the salary so they can grab all the good stuff?
CENSORED... No comment.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#45 » by SuperflyKnick » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:28 am

the lakers have been pretty lucky with all the players they been able to get but i think the league will finally notice its time not to bend over for LA

Return to Trades and Transactions