ImageImageImageImageImage

During the next 13 games will we continue to improve?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Predict our record after 20 games

18 -2 We keep our torrid winning pace
8%
19 -1 NYK Mentality special whoo!
3%
17-3 Still sky high ...
23%
16-4 a conservative pick...
37%
15-5 we are coming down to earth?
16%
Even lower?
13%

Total votes: 62

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Re: Predict our record after 20 games 

Post#21 » by Stannis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:26 pm

The next 12 games (excluding the Pacers win tonight of course):

Optimistic predication: 11-1
Pessimistic predication: 7-5
Realistic predication: 9-3

This stretch of games does not include too many strong teams. The Nets will be playing a back-to-back against the Knicks, so that is good. Miami has a one day break before facing the Knicks, so that is a little bad luck. The Knicks are playing the Bobcats the day before, but they are 4-4 and young teams are full of surprises. But it is still very possible to come out with a pair in that back-to-back.

RHODEY wrote:
Shpati21 wrote:RHODEY, from my experience, no mod likes a thread for predications, but they do not mind analytical threads. I would turn this into an analysis of the next 20 games (talk about back-to-backs, rival games, etc.), without mentioning Ws and Ls.

Understood. Maybe I can reword this...

By the way, I was not trying to backseat-mod or give you a hard time, just trying to keep the haters off your back and keep this thread unlocked.
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,435

Re: During the next 13 games will we continue to improve? 

Post#22 » by j4remi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm not a believer in the jinx crap except when it adds comedic value to my posts...I do prefer the ten game samples that typically pop up. We had a predict the record after the first ten games thread and I was figuring another would pop up then...This is a lil premature.

I'm gonna say 17-3 off the confidence I have in this team.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#23 » by fdr2012 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 pm

18-2 sounds good. We're going on a another road trip, but all games are winnable. Lets go.
MeloTime
Sixth Man
And1: 409

Post#24 » by MeloTime » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:56 am

Tue 20 @ New Orleans W ( dont need to explain)

Wed 21 @ Dallas L ( It was a tough game at home , now we will be on their court)

Fri 23 @ Houston W ( Friday night ! Just lost to Dallas. Felton wants to prove)

Sun 25 vs Detroit W ( Come on....)

Mon 26 @ Brooklyn W ( our home court, statement game)

Wed 28 @ Milwaukee L ( They have been playing very well)

Fri 30 vs Washington W ( John Wall,Ariza doesnt scare me..)

Sun 2 vs Phoenix W ( Scola , Dragic , Dudley vs Sheed , Felton , Melo....wash)

Wed 5 @ Charlotte W ( Need to send them back to their play pin)

Thu 6 @ Miami L ( Miami is home....end of story. )

Sat 8 @ Chicago L ( this team bounces back from an Miami Lose)

Sun 9 vs Denver W ( Just because I am going to the game and they will be at home)

I say 10-3
Only other potential lost i see would be Brooklyn or Chicago ( first 2 game losing streak)

17-3 ....
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,062

Post#25 » by RHODEY » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:45 am

Shpati21 wrote:The next 12 games (excluding the Pacers win tonight of course):

Optimistic predication: 11-1
Pessimistic predication: 7-5
Realistic predication: 9-3

This stretch of games does not include too many strong teams. The Nets will be playing a back-to-back against the Knicks, so that is good. Miami has a one day break before facing the Knicks, so that is a little bad luck. The Knicks are playing the Bobcats the day before, but they are 4-4 and young teams are full of surprises. But it is still very possible to come out with a pair in that back-to-back.
]
By the way, I was not trying to backseat-mod or give you a hard time, just trying to keep the haters off your back and keep this thread unlocked.

No need to explain, and thanks for looking out...

I'll go out on a limb and say we 'll be 17-3 at the end of 20 games. I'm guessing that our 2 backup bigs(Rasheed and Camby) will help us sustain and improve our play as they come up to speed. Rasheed is ahead of schedule and Camby is just starting his on ascension. It feels weird to be looking down on the competition and to have a solid chance to win EACH and EVERY game. I love this.
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#26 » by TheBigBoss » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:54 am

NYKat wrote:This is a trap thread

LOL, exactly!
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#27 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:45 am

I put 15-5. I think we have a few "soft" or "opportunity" games in that list. If we take care of business on sub-500 teams and go 500 vs the rest we should be in a good place.

I agree with the 1 game a time mantra.

right now we are 7-1, so we can do anything from 7-75 to 81-1
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#28 » by SuperflyKnick » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:01 am

MeloTime wrote:Tue 20 @ New Orleans W ( dont need to explain)

Wed 21 @ Dallas L ( It was a tough game at home , now we will be on their court)

Fri 23 @ Houston W ( Friday night ! Just lost to Dallas. Felton wants to prove)

Sun 25 vs Detroit W ( Come on....)

Mon 26 @ Brooklyn W ( our home court, statement game)

Wed 28 @ Milwaukee L ( They have been playing very well)

Fri 30 vs Washington W ( John Wall,Ariza doesnt scare me..)

Sun 2 vs Phoenix W ( Scola , Dragic , Dudley vs Sheed , Felton , Melo....wash)

Wed 5 @ Charlotte W ( Need to send them back to their play pin)

Thu 6 @ Miami L ( Miami is home....end of story. )

Sat 8 @ Chicago L ( this team bounces back from an Miami Lose)

Sun 9 vs Denver W ( Just because I am going to the game and they will be at home)

I say 10-3
Only other potential lost i see would be Brooklyn or Chicago ( first 2 game losing streak)

17-3 ....

U really think Mil scares the knicks lolzzzz..... also the bulls are much like the pacers all D no offense.... not saying they will or they can but they shud be able to take care of all teams till they play the heat .... All teams are not better but then again any team can get hot anytime
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Post#29 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:22 am

j4remi wrote:I'm not a believer in the jinx crap except when it adds comedic value to my posts...I do prefer the ten game samples that typically pop up. We had a predict the record after the first ten games thread and I was figuring another would pop up then...This is a lil premature.

I'm gonna say 17-3 off the confidence I have in this team.

When it comes down to it, I think that is everyone. :D :lol: :D

Jinx and superstitions just add some fun to this board.
Free Palestine
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#30 » by cgmw » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 pm

I love how 15-5 is "coming back to earth."

So my most pessimistic option here is a .750 winning percentage, or about .11 points off the '96 Bulls? Nice.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
cgmw
RealGM

Post#31 » by cgmw » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:38 pm

I could edit my previous post, but I'll just make a separate one to admit that I didn't understand the wording of your poll. The thread title threw me off. So you're saying 8-5 is the most pessimistic option over the next 13. Got it.

I'll take the under, and I'll do it for two reasons:

1. Having a .750 win percentage at the 1/4 mark of the season is very very high. I know we're good, but I'm not ready to anoint us worldbeaters just yet. Not saying it's impossible, but a lot has to go right for that to happen.

2. As a contrarian and realist, it pisses me off to no end that so many immature/insecure fans on this board thump their chests and call others out for being "doubters" or "haters."

I am not a hater. I do have doubt that we can win at a prolonged clip of over .667. Until I see otherwise, I make no apologies.

This thread isn't a "trap." It's a place for proud, unrealistic people to get their hearts broken and egos trampled later on.

At the risk of being called out as a hater, here are my concerns about being overly optimistic:

1) Carmelo's health. He's taking a beating guarding bigger players every night.
2) JR Smith's shooting. Historically unlikely to continue.
3) Ray Felton's shooting. See 2) above.
4) Lack of offensive cohesion. Woody's offense looks like a work in progress.
5) Likelihood of injuries to key role players over 35 years old.
6) Absolutely no benefit to chest thumping and showing off this early in the season.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,639

Post#32 » by mpharris36 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:38 pm

cgmw wrote:I love how 15-5 is "coming back to earth."

So my most pessimistic option here is a .750 winning percentage, or about .11 points off the '96 Bulls? Nice.

thats not even the worse part...we are 7-1 now so that means to get to 15-5 we would have to go 8-4 which is a (667% winning percentage)...when has that ever meant coming down to earth???

I think the knicks have a chance in every game they suit up for but some fans are just crazy do people think we are winning 70 games this year. Let just take it game by game and then week by week.

We will hit a bump in the road at some point but can't believe someone labeled a 667% winning percentage as coming down to earth.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,435

Post#33 » by j4remi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:02 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

thats not even the worse part...we are 7-1 now so that means to get to 15-5 we would have to go 8-4 which is a (667% winning percentage)...when has that ever meant coming down to earth???

I think the knicks have a chance in every game they suit up for but some fans are just crazy do people think we are winning 70 games this year. Let just take it game by game and then week by week.

We will hit a bump in the road at some point but can't believe someone labeled a 667% winning percentage as coming down to earth.

I think it's a combination of the Knicks torrid start and the soft patch of the schedule they're facing...They don't need to be at their best to win a good portion of these upcoming games. They're sure to have some tough bits in schedule, but looking at the opposition...I think there's reason beyond just raw mathematics that people are confident in the team.

Realistically I think 8-4 or 9-3 are not unreasonable at all.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,639

Post#34 » by mpharris36 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:08 pm

j4remi wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I think it's a combination of the Knicks torrid start and the soft patch of the schedule they're facing...They don't need to be at their best to win a good portion of these upcoming games. They're sure to have some tough bits in schedule, but looking at the opposition...I think there's reason beyond just raw mathematics that people are confident in the team.

Realistically I think 8-4 or 9-3 are not unreasonable at all.

absolutely 8-4 and 9-3 aren't unreasonable but I also wouldn't consider that a playing average basketball or coming down to earth. 667% winning percentage is winning 2 out of every 3 games and soft schedule or not that is a pretty solid record.

Also 8 out of our next 12 are on the road and there is a lot of travel and short amount of practice time involved. In that stretch we will still have Dallas, Houston, Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Miami, and Chicago on the road which wont be gimme games.

We do have some easy home games surrounded in that strectch but all those road games we will have to play quality basketball to come out with the win and there may be a game or 2 that we just don't have it.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,062

Post#35 » by RHODEY » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 am

mpharris36 wrote:

absolutely 8-4 and 9-3 aren't unreasonable but I also wouldn't consider that a playing average basketball or coming down to earth. 667% winning percentage is winning 2 out of every 3 games and soft schedule or not that is a pretty solid record.

Also 8 out of our next 12 are on the road and there is a lot of travel and short amount of practice time involved. In that stretch we will still have Dallas, Houston, Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Miami, and Chicago on the road which wont be gimme games.

We do have some easy home games surrounded in that strectch but all those road games we will have to play quality basketball to come out with the win and there may be a game or 2 that we just don't have it.

It's all relative . Winning % going from .86 to .67 is coming doing to earth. If we started at a lower percentage then of course it would not be.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#36 » by boomann21 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:23 am

So far so good. Let's keep this ship rolling. Woodtang Clan ain't nothing to PHUCK WITH!
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#37 » by StephNYKurry » Thu Dec 6, 2012 4:21 pm

bump
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#38 » by frogfood » Thu Dec 6, 2012 4:32 pm

I think Brewer needs more burn to be honest. Did he even play in the second half?
KingzAndQueenz
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#39 » by KingzAndQueenz » Thu Dec 6, 2012 4:55 pm

we will continue to improve all season.. This team could only get better, remember that.
cgmw
RealGM

Post#40 » by cgmw » Thu Dec 6, 2012 5:02 pm

What was our recrord when Rhodey posted this? What's our record been since?

Return to New York Knicks