is it disloyal if miami trades wade?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,144

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#21 » by donnieme » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:09 pm

kingofcomedy wrote:
Felixano wrote:Makes no sense to trade him. He's a free agent next year, just resign him for cheap and see who else you can get along with him.

Wade isn't going to take a mle deal to stay, a 3 yr 45 million would probably still b offered from some team, as a mavs fan I'd give mayo and Kaman for wade

And I think this may end up being what cripples (or slows) them going forward. Having a mid thirties Wade on a 10-15m/year contract. Just my opinion though admittedly, I don't know much about their plans going forward so maybe one of the Heat fans can give me a realistic take on it.
Ettorefm
Head Coach
And1: 5,260

Post#22 » by Ettorefm » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Lebron looked also bad in 2011 but what happened in 2012..... the point is : Wade is still IMHO a top 5 player and you dont trade them.... plain and simple

I'm sorry, but Wade is NOT top 5. At least not for the last two seasons. I love Wade, but he is too good to be given credit for things he didn't do. He doesn't need that kind of cheap help.
Wade is riding on his resumee. When people talk about his crappy numbers, playoffs last season and health issues, some others mention 2006 and the finals MVP. So? That was 6 years ago, will be 7 by the time the HEat are facing the playoffs.
"Healthy, with some more chemistry, with some proper training, with more focus, with more training..."..always the excuses. I don't care about what would happen or what he COULD do.
YEs, he could be top 2. But he's not, and probably won't be anymore, so enough. There are at least 6 or 7 players more impactful in a game than Wade; not when Wade is 'hot', but on a regular basis.
I respect everyone's opinion, but I can't seem to understand someone who would say that guys like Durant, Kobe, Lebron, Dwight, Love, Chris Paul and Rondo aren't better than Wade right now. Wade is not just letting Lebron have the keys, but he's not producing when necessary. His playoffs last season were a joke
Not to mention that 'oh, but he's not healthy'. Sorry, but that COMES WITH THE PACKAGE when we talk about a player. This is just like saying Oden is a top 5 center when healthy. He's not healthy, so what's the point? Imagination land?
bagsboy wrote:For two hundred years Democrats stole the productive output of slaves and now they seek to enrich themselves with the productive output from the 'rich'. First, Republicans needed to end slavery and next they need to fix taxation with a flat fair tax.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Post#23 » by GeneralNbaFan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Look my top 5:
1. Lebron 2. Howard 3-4 Kobe Durant 5-6 Paul Wade....and I really agree that Bosh is underrated but he is not 8....
And how can you say Love? He is an elite shooter and an elite rebounder (maybe the best)....but you need more than that.... like being an go to guy! Maybe he becomes one time, but I doubt it!

What would happen if Kobe and Howard join Miami? All of a sudden they are no more top 10, because they dont have the impact? Wade is the same Wade but he is just playing with Lebron (the better player), wíth whom he doesnt fit well.
And I repeat my point : You dont trade a top 5 player...
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#24 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:41 pm

IMO teams make deals for their own benefit. If the Heat get the inkling that Wade will be opting out this summer and pursuing a BIGGER contract, he will be traded at the deadline. Heat have Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Shane Battier. They don't NEED Wade as much as he needs them.

There will be teams with cap space who can offer him more. It would not shock me if Wade wound up in Dallas or Atlanta.

If this were a video game world, Wade would be traded tomorrow for Andrew Bynum.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
Rajon Rondo Fan
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#25 » by Rajon Rondo Fan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 pm

GeneralNbaFan wrote:Look my top 5:
1. Lebron 2. Howard 3-4 Kobe Durant 5-6 Paul Wade....and I really agree that Bosh is underrated but he is not 8....
And how can you say Love? He is an elite shooter and an elite rebounder (maybe the best)....but you need more than that.... like being an go to guy! Maybe he becomes one time, but I doubt it!

What would happen if Kobe and Howard join Miami? All of a sudden they are no more top 10, because they dont have the impact? Wade is the same Wade but he is just playing with Lebron (the better player), wíth whom he doesnt fit well.

This is got to be the worse post I have seen ever on any site ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ettorefm
Head Coach
And1: 5,260

Post#26 » by Ettorefm » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:47 pm

I can even accept Love over Wade for the experience and never going to the playoffs, that's great. Still, you have 5 guys ahead of him, and 2/3 others in the same tier (for me Rondo is higher than Wade in any list right now, for example)
Also, you have two of the best 5 players (IMO) injuried in Rose/Dirk. I'm not putting them in the list because as I said, I live in the real world, not imaginationland. When they get back, I'll talk. At the same time, Wade is lucky those guys aren't playing..
I just can't see Wade being better right now (or since the beginning of the 10-11 season) than Paul, Rondo, Lebron, Howard, Kobe and Durant.
Actually, RIGHT NOW, november 18th (so, only this season), my list would be
1)Lebron
2)Melo
3)Durant
4)Kobe
5)Paul
6)Rondo
7)Irving ( 24/6/4 on 47% is MVP Rose-like)
8)Parker
9)Duncan
10)Howard
bagsboy wrote:For two hundred years Democrats stole the productive output of slaves and now they seek to enrich themselves with the productive output from the 'rich'. First, Republicans needed to end slavery and next they need to fix taxation with a flat fair tax.
kingofcomedy
Banned User
And1: 11

Post#27 » by kingofcomedy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Rajon Rondo Fan wrote:
GeneralNbaFan wrote:Look my top 5:

This is got to be the worse post I have seen ever on any site ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What's so bad about it, while i disagree his top 5 isn't outrageous
Heat fan06
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#28 » by Heat fan06 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Wade is not going anywhere
Credit to MK
kingofcomedy
Banned User

Post#29 » by kingofcomedy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:53 pm

Ettorefm wrote:I can even accept Love over Wade for the experience and never going to the playoffs, that's great. Still, you have 5 guys ahead of him, and 2/3 others in the same tier (for me Rondo is higher than Wade in any list right now, for example)
Also, you have two of the best 5 players (IMO) injuried in Rose/Dirk. I'm not putting them in the list because as I said, I live in the real world, not imaginationland. When they get back, I'll talk. At the same time, Wade is lucky those guys aren't playing..
I just can't see Wade being better right now (or since the beginning of the 10-11 season) than Paul, Rondo, Lebron, Howard, Kobe and Durant.

Rondo is an excellent player, however he shouldn't be on any top 5 list, imo a top 5 player should be able to lead a team of nobodies atleast close to the playoffs, if u put rondo on the bobcats they're still a lotto team as with Kevin love
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#30 » by NashtyNas » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:59 pm

GeneralNbaFan wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:Disloyal, no. Stupid, yes

People really dont know what regular season means.... At the time of playoffs you will understand why he is untradeable.... Dont look at his stats because Lebron handles the ball

That's what you guys said last year... and he looked DONE in the PO's.
I'm not sure he's DONE per se yet, but he's close; taking into account his injury history and playing style, his body has taken a LOT of beating (even with all the flopping and acting he does). His game is predicated around speed and athleticism, but he does have the tools to age well with the killer mid range game and also a post up game, which will only help.

It would be foolish to trade him because they won't get what he's worth to them from anyone else, much like the Amar'e scenario in NY.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
kingofcomedy
Banned User

Post#31 » by kingofcomedy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:03 am

I_Socrates wrote:
GeneralNbaFan wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:Disloyal, no. Stupid, yes

People really dont know what regular season means.... At the time of playoffs you will understand why he is untradeable.... Dont look at his stats because Lebron handles the ball

That's what you guys said last year... and he looked DONE in the PO's.
I'm not sure he's DONE per se yet, but he's close; taking into account his injury history and playing style, his body has taken a LOT of beating (even with all the flopping and acting he does). His game is predicated around speed and athleticism, but he does have the tools to age well with the killer mid range game and also a post up game, which will only help.

It would be foolish to trade him because they won't get what he's worth to them from anyone else, much like the Amar'e scenario in NY.

Lol his situation or trade value is nothing like amare its more on par with dirk, teams with cap wouldn't take amare in a salary dump
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,131

Post#32 » by druggas » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:05 am

If Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Howard, and almost Kobe can be traded, Wade certainly can be.
gethigh
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#33 » by gethigh » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:08 am

that's all you need to know on the Loyalty subject.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,377

Post#34 » by durden_tyler » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:09 am

Greatest move by Riley if he can get value off him. F^ck loyalty, this is the NBA.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#35 » by NashtyNas » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 am

KingofComedy, there aren't many teams that would take him as a salary dump, either. Maybe about 5 teams that would if they could, but can't so that's moot. Teams like Toronto would be interested but don't have the cap space and/or necessary expirings, other than that if you can name 5 teams that can and would trade expirings/picks for D-Wade, please give me the list and what they would offer and whether Miami would accept that.

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
kingofcomedy
Banned User

Post#36 » by kingofcomedy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 am

durden_tyler wrote:Greatest move by Riley if he can get value off him. F^ck loyalty, this is the NBA.

Mayo and Kaman enough?
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#37 » by CB-Blazer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 am

kingofcomedy wrote:
Ettorefm wrote:I can even accept Love over Wade for the experience and never going to the playoffs, that's great. Still, you have 5 guys ahead of him, and 2/3 others in the same tier (for me Rondo is higher than Wade in any list right now, for example)

Rondo is an excellent player, however he shouldn't be on any top 5 list, imo a top 5 player should be able to lead a team of nobodies atleast close to the playoffs, if u put rondo on the bobcats they're still a lotto team as with Kevin love

Wade was able to that once, maybe twice in his career. And he is way past the point to be able to do that nowadays. Put Wade on the Pistons or Wizards and they are still one of the worst teams in the leauge.
kingofcomedy
Banned User

Post#38 » by kingofcomedy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 am

I_Socrates wrote:KingofComedy, there aren't many teams that would take him as a salary dump, either. Maybe about 5 teams that would if they could, but can't so that's moot. Teams like Toronto would be interested but don't have the cap space and/or necessary expirings, other than that if you can name 5 teams that can and would trade expirings/picks for D-Wade, please give me the list and what they would offer and whether Miami would accept that.

Your question is irrelevant, u compared hIm to amare, no team would touch amares contract as a salary dump if they had cap, every team including my mavs would take wade
hugolizard
Junior
And1: 10

Post#39 » by hugolizard » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:19 am

That would look very bad on their franchise. Would Lebron then request a trade now knowing he'll get traded the moment he starts declining? Would other top FAs want to sign there in the future?

Wade isn't putting in 100% right now knowing his body can't do the full 82 games + playoffs. So even though he's definitely not the same player he once was, I wouldn't trade him right now. Plus who are you going to trade him to anyway? Only a contender would want a 30+ Wade and I'm sure Miami wouldn't trade him to one of those guys.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#40 » by NashtyNas » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:32 am

kingofcomedy wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:KingofComedy, there aren't many teams that would take him as a salary dump, either. Maybe about 5 teams that would if they could, but can't so that's moot. Teams like Toronto would be interested but don't have the cap space and/or necessary expirings, other than that if you can name 5 teams that can and would trade expirings/picks for D-Wade, please give me the list and what they would offer and whether Miami would accept that.

Your question is irrelevant, u compared hIm to amare, no team would touch amares contract as a salary dump if they had cap, every team including my mavs would take wade

How is my question irrelevant? I said trade wise, it's a similar position. If you learned to read, you would understand what I said. Let me quote myself.

What I said, quite clearly, was that he's worth more to the Heat than what they could get from any team trading for him, which also, factually, happens to be the truth behind the Amar'e/NY situation. Amar'e will have the most value to NY as a player, not as a trade piece; as such, Miami will get the most value out of D-Wade as a player, not out of a trade.

Just because you don't have an answer to my question doesn't make it irrelevant, it actually makes you ignorant and somewhat wrong.

Return to The General Board