Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Re: Which Grizzlies make the All-Star game? 

Post#21 » by Downtown » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 pm

It's really hard to say given the changes this season. If you throw all the power forwards and centers together and just pick the number required it becomes more difficult for the centers since their scoring numbers aren't usually as high.

But I think one of Gasol and Randolph have a good chance. It's still early.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#22 » by Ballings7 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:01 pm

People again overlooking Tim Duncan who in his mid-30s has only picked up and bettered where he left off the 2nd half of last season... he's a lock

Kevin Love and Dirk are not locks this year, and Batum or Aldridge won't make it over Duncan.

Centers can still make it due to it being the "front-court", it's just more bias towards actual fowards because of quality centers not like it used to be and several PFs playing center now a lot.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
jefe
General Manager
And1: 635

Post#23 » by jefe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:08 pm

I'd be extremely surprised if the fans voted any of the Grizz in as a starter - so that leaves selection as a reserve by the coaches. The coaches reward players on winning teams, but getting three guys selected, like some have said, seems like a stretch IMO.
Jerry Sandusky
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Jerry Sandusky » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:12 pm

All three front court players for the Grizzlies have a shot to make the all star game. In all likelihood only one will make it, I think it will be Randolph.
Part-time Lover
Senior
And1: 58

Post#25 » by Part-time Lover » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:15 am

I think some people are forgetting that the teams who have the best record from the Eastern and Western conference respectively get more than 1 allstar usually.

When the Bulls had the best record in the East they had Rose and Deng who made it. When the Spurs had the best record they had Manu and Duncan. When the Cavs had the best record they had Lebron and Mo Williams.

If the Grizzlies still have the best record in the West by ASB, they'll most likely have two all-stars.

I also don't understand how people are putting LMA over ZBo when it comes to who makes the All-star team. ZBo currently is on the team with the best record while putting up 18-12. I'd say ZBo currently has a better chance of making the All-star team than LMA.

Return to The General Board