ImageImageImageImageImage

500 @ Mecca Post Game Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KnickSon75
Bench Warmer
And1: 371

Re: 500 @ Mecca Post Game Thread 

Post#161 » by KnickSon75 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 pm

This had me laughing, posted on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/

YOU'RE NOT KIDDING!: In the first quarter, Pacers shooting guard Lance Stephenson's teeth caught the right side of Jason Kidd's head while the Knicks guard was attempting a 3-pointer. To control the bleeding, Knicks head athletic trainer Roger Hinds placed a headband over the wound. Kidd continued to wear it after receiving seven stitches, but he and Carmelo Anthony weren't digging the new look after the game.

Kidd: "That’s not my style. I’ll leave that to the guys who like the headband."

Anthony: "That's not a good look. We're not going to allow that."
#BirdIsTheWord #KickinDaAfrolistics #GregBradyCrew #AllProNBASoulGlow #TheYoungestOneInCurls
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#162 » by CrazyKnicks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:10 am

god shammgod wrote:we're honestly just going to have to hope that amare falls in line with what's going on and gives all out effort on d and the glass. we've seen him do that at times. like when he came back from punching the fire extinguisher. if not i don't think woody is gonna play him much anyway.

He played well in the regular season under Woodson and that one playoff game like you said.
Besides the defense and rebounding, another concern with Amare is the ball movement and minimizing turnovers. We all know he's a TO machine and isn't exactly a good passer. But Melo made the change so I don't see why Amare can't do the same.

The important thing is to bring him back slowly and make sure he's 100%. With the team playing great he shouldn't be rushed back. As long as he can get around 20 games with the team to get the chemistry before playoffs we should be ok.

Knees, back, elbows,fists etc... He should take time to make sure he's fully healthy and in good shape before returning.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#163 » by boomann21 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 am

Knicks now 7-1, which ties the 1993-1994 Knicks as best start in franchise history
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,914

Post#164 » by knickabocker88 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:40 am

If you see the way Nate, Jamal and Zbo are playing now for their teams and now notice how JR and Rasheed are playing under Woody.

Competent Coaching is what this team has been missing for the past 10 years.

Isn't Ronnie Brewer (the one that can shoot) everything we want Shump to be?
knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant
And1: 23

Post#165 » by knicksosmoove » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:41 am

Capn'O wrote:
GratefulDead wrote:
Capn'O wrote:My god. A lot of trashing of a guy that isn't even here. Pretty weak sauce.

You really think he's not here?

He's not posting ATM primarily because clowns like you ran him off the board.

Straight clowns. The audacity to call a guy that hung with the team through the last decade, posted keys for terrible game after terrible game, a troll and consistently bait and berate him even in absence is pathetic. It was a pleasant realization during my hiatus this summer to realize that I don't hate Melo the player but certainly do not like the way his insane clown posse that follows him behaves themselves.

yep, and I think the quality of the board is suffering as a result of it. he was very good at sparking discussion with his post game notes. post game threads end up being a lot shorter these days.

it'd be nice to have more diversity of perspective around here is what I think...
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#166 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:49 am

knicksosmoove wrote:it'd be nice to have more diversity of perspective around here is what I think...

The Knicks are 7-1, and is doing with pretty much with very solid defense.

I would think everyone would be happy for that.

What other kind of diverse perspective could you look for?

There's only so many times we can wonder what the team will look like in 2015.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
MeloTime
Sixth Man
And1: 409

Post#167 » by MeloTime » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:07 am

j4remi wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:I'm just trying to point out that we don't need Amare. Really, what added value does he bring to this team? Scoring? We're 7-1.

the only thing amare brings (if healthy and explosive) is his ability to finish around the rim. I think he and prigs will work great in the second unit. Prigs really doesn't play with a P&R big that is an established finisher around the rim.

Also we seem a bit out of sync and reliant on Felton and JR jumpers if Melo gets into foul trouble. If Melo gets in foul trouble we still would have a go to guy with Amare.

I think Amare minutes should be limited 20-25 off the bench until he proves he can be reliable defensively.

Agreed completely...well said. I don't even think I have anything worth adding to this.

When Melo is out the game , you'll have Stat as your go-to guy. We will need this . Melo plays agressive defense so he gets in foul trouble nearly every game.
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,389

Post#168 » by NYKat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:07 am

knicksosmoove wrote:

Straight clowns. The audacity to call a guy that hung with the team through the last decade, posted keys for terrible game after terrible game, a troll and consistently bait and berate him even in absence is pathetic. It was a pleasant realization during my hiatus this summer to realize that I don't hate Melo the player but certainly do not like the way his insane clown posse that follows him behaves themselves.

yep, and I think the quality of the board is suffering as a result of it. he was very good at sparking discussion with his post game notes. post game threads end up being a lot shorter these days.

it'd be nice to have more diversity of perspective around here is what I think...

I actually second this.

I love a good heated debate, but god forbid you try to engage in one, folks get all sensitive and call it baiting, trolling or shut down the thread
MeloTime
Sixth Man
And1: 409

Post#169 » by MeloTime » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
knicksosmoove wrote:it'd be nice to have more diversity of perspective around here is what I think...

Exactly, What do you want to talk about ? What area can the knicks improve today ?

Offense - Good ball movement , low turnovers ( CHECK)
Defense - Crash boards , lock down , forced turnovers ( CHECK)
Team - Play together ( CHECK)

Why cant people enjoy it when we are finally good.
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#170 » by Quick Kick » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:11 am

Thugger HBC wrote:

:lol:
SonOfMars
RealGM
And1: 2,741

Post#171 » by SonOfMars » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:11 am

Joey Crawford trying to fight off the Sheed presence

Props Turbo_Zone
[GR]
RealGM
And1: 1,947

Post#172 » by [GR] » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:19 am

Didn't like the energy, but it is what it is.

Camby is by far the best big on the team right now
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#173 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:26 am

NYKat wrote:
knicksosmoove wrote:

I actually second this.

I love a good heated debate, but god forbid you try to engage in one, folks get all sensitive and call it baiting, trolling or shut down the thread

A debate should never get to the point of being heated.

That's when it gets personal, and it really should never hit that point.

Chris435
Starter
And1: 58

Post#174 » by Chris435 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:26 am

i thought they played with energy and great defense. They just didn't play their best basketball.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 am

MeloTime wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

Exactly, What do you want to talk about ? What area can the knicks improve today ?

Offense - Good ball movement , low turnovers ( CHECK)
Defense - Crash boards , lock down , forced turnovers ( CHECK)
Team - Play together ( CHECK)

Why cant people enjoy it when we are finally good.

I would like to know what "diverse" talk is though.

mrpoetryNmotion
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,118

Post#176 » by mrpoetryNmotion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am

Striders wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:I'm just trying to point out that we don't need Amare. Really, what added value does he bring to this team? Scoring? We're 7-1.

He can rebound (which is our biggest issue) and block at the rim. That's valuable. I'd rather we get Sheed as much rest as possible as well.

Amar'e is an ok rebounder... but it depends on which Amar'e we get...the one that is essentially a low effort statue, or what he was in his first 2-3 months here, defensively...not exactly a smart or attentive defender, but brought energy and made plays at times.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#177 » by NY2TheBay » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:38 am

Just finished watching the game off DVR.

Some thoughts:

- Melo's toughness really showing. Not settling for jump shots taking it strong to the hole looking for contact.

-Brewer is the perfect off ball slasher for this team. Then throw in his rebounding and strong defense and is an absolute steal.

- Chandler a little better today but still needs to improve his rebounding, dont know whats going on, maybe his early season flu has thrown him off.

- Felton really carried the team early when no shots were falling. As usual strong all around game. Shouldve made the jumper before half. lol.

- Sheed is going to continue to get better and love his leadership from the bench. Heard hom screaming to pablo a few times from the bench.

-Camby, good to see him get some burn and got a few blocks while he was in and contested others. Look forward to seeing more of him

All in All an ugly win but a win.

Lastly, hibbert has been horrible all season. Got his money and isnt the same player. WIll be interesting to watch him throughout the year. Portland may have dodged a bullet.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,366

Post#178 » by god shammgod » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:38 am

Thugger HBC wrote:I would like to know what "diverse" talk is though.

since everyone is happy with the knicks, i'm guessing diversity would be someone unhappy with the knicks. when you're 7-1 though i'm not sure what your complaint would be exactly. i can't wait to hear though.
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#179 » by bigfnjoe96 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:40 am

Just watched the game via DVR. Man our D played well tonight. 19 TO's, held the Pacers to under 80.

Great team effort. Felton is playing a helluva PG for us. Sheed giving us quality minutes of the bench.

7-1 babee. Orleans here we come

Sent from My Nexus running Franco r300
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#180 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:42 am

We need to get a good old fashioned player comparison beef going. Let Sheed vs Camby be the new Gallo vs Wilson.

Return to New York Knicks