NKOTB entry: Pacers explosion with DEN, UTA, CHA

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,376

NKOTB entry: Pacers explosion with DEN, UTA, CHA 

Post#1 » by jowglenn » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Has nothing to do with king of the trade board.

This trade is an homage to the New Kids on the Block.

Trade 1:

Roy Hibbert

for

Javale McGee
Evan Fournier
NYK 2014 1st

Why for Denver: Get a more traditional, defensively fundamental center and change the plan a bit.

Trade 2:

Danny Granger

for

Marvin Williams
Raja Bell
GSW 1st

Why for Utah: Get a massive upgrade at the SF spot. Compete now. Granger will be back in like 2 months and is a high-level 2-way forward.

Trade 3:

David West

for

Desagana Diop
Hakim Warrick
2013 POR 1st round pick

Why for Bobcats: D-West gives them (finally) a legit starting PF. The Charlotte Bobcats, in the greatest one-season turnaround ever, make the 2013 NBA playoffs. Rich Cho wins GM of the year. That POR pick won't even be conveyed til they're out of the bottom 12, so...

Final Pacers lineup at end of 12-13 season:

Hill/Stephenson
George/Green
Williams/Fournier
Warrick/
Mcgee/Mahinmi/Plumlee

Picks: OWN 2013 1st (most likely top 10, after these trades), POR 2013 1st (top 12 protected), GSW 2013 1st (top 6 protected), NYK 2014 1st

FA/expiring: Hansbrough, Augustin, Pendergraph, Bell, Diop. Probably re-sign Hansbrough.

Draft: Draft players. Try to move up to grab Cody Zeller.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,521

Re: NKOTB entry: 

Post#2 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:33 pm

I like Trade 1. Trade 3 is a no go. I think Indy wouldn't like trade 2.

Think Indy might get a touch more sweetener on Trade 1 but it could be really interesting. This is the one I am taking out of here and being glad I clicked on a New Kids on The Block tribute trade. :)
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#3 » by HornetJail » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 am

Trade 3 is a no from Charlotte, unless we are actually making a run at the playoffs rather than tanking for another good pick. I don't know if we're actually making that run and I don't think we'd make it if we tried to. It's better for us to stay the course. Great idea, but I don't see West re-signing here either.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,669

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:35 am

Hibbert just doesnt fit the Denver up-tempo attack. Denver teams are always going to play fast and try and take advantage of altitude and all the moreso with the rest of their personnel. If he was a more dominant post player then maybe they consider it--after all old Kareem worked out just fine with Showtime LA but hes not that good of a post option so this deal makes little sense for them.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,376

Post#5 » by jowglenn » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Hibbert just doesnt fit the Denver up-tempo attack. Denver teams are always going to play fast and try and take advantage of altitude and all the moreso with the rest of their personnel. If he was a more dominant post player then maybe they consider it--after all old Kareem worked out just fine with Showtime LA but hes not that good of a post option so this deal makes little sense for them.

Well you still have pretty much everyone else - Faried, Iguodala, etc, to do all the fun break-running fast stuff.

I'm just saying, it might help to have a guy like HIbbert controlling the paint on defense. Pacers have the #1 defense for a reason.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,669

Re: NKOTB entry: Pacers explosion with DEN, UTA, CHA 

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:58 pm

If all they are wanting is a defensive presence they could find one without taking on a guy with a max contract tho.

Look if Hibbert was playing well enough for Denver to be interested in taking on that contract then Indy wouldnt be interested in moving him. Because the return Indy gets in this deal wouldnt be nearly enough for a young franchise center.

As a Dal fan I share your current frustration with your team. You guys looked to really be building something but with Granger down and a lot of your young core not progressing its disappointing. At least you have actual assets to attempt the fantasy rebuild....
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions