ImageImageImageImageImage

500 @ Mecca Post Game Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

mrpoetryNmotion
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,118

Re: 500 @ Mecca Post Game Thread 

Post#181 » by mrpoetryNmotion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:44 am

Am I the only one who thinks the offense is too jumpshot reliant? They're going in so I guess it doesn't really matter at the moment but our only means of offense in the post is essentially:

-Melo post up (...but he marginalizes himself at times)
-Chandler lobs
-Brewer cuts/backdoor plays
-Sheed post up (when he feels like it)

Do people think this is good enough? I hate the contract that is Amar'e Stoudemire but even I'm hoping that his skillset can add a new dimension to the offense. We don't have a Lebron James and good post play (or good enough post play) has proven to be what separates the champs from all those that've failed.

This more so is an observation I gleaned from the Grizz game, but didn't feel like making a new thread.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#182 » by god shammgod » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:45 am

Rasho Brezec wrote:We need to get a good old fashioned player comparison beef going. Let Sheed vs Camby be the new Gallo vs Wilson.

there you go rasho. here's a guy who understands this board. bravo sir. i can't wait to be annoyed at this.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,961

Post#183 » by Capn'O » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 am

j4remi wrote:Look, I don't care what side of the TKF debate people are on any more, next person that brings him up instead of talking about the game is getting a suspension. There's no reason for his name to be brought in these threads unless people are mentioning the Keys To The Game that everyone misses.

Bam! Perfect. Thank you. There is just no need.

And thanks for doing the write ups. They are excellent.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Sundov
Junior
And1: 55

Post#184 » by Sundov » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:47 am

mrpoetryNmotion wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the offense is too jumpshot reliant? They're going in so I guess it doesn't really matter at the moment but our only means of offense in the post is essentially:

-Chandler lobs

Do people think this is good enough? I hate the contract that is Amar'e Stoudemire but even I'm hoping that his skillset can add a new dimension to the offense. We don't have a Lebron James and good post play (or good enough post play) has proven to be what separates the champs from all those that've failed.

This more so is an observation I gleaned from the Grizz game, but didn't feel like making a new thread.

I agree. I expect us to drop in the offensive rankings over the next 10 games or so. No way we can keep this sort of shooting up. That's why Amare is so important because he can run pick and rolls with Prigs and Felton all day. But the question is how is he gonna get minutes with Camby, Chandler, Melo and Sheed at the 4 and 5 also. But this has already been discussed to death so I'll shut up :lol:
Knicks.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#185 » by god shammgod » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:51 am

Sundov wrote:
mrpoetryNmotion wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the offense is too jumpshot reliant? They're going in so I guess it doesn't really matter at the moment but our only means of offense in the post is essentially:

-Chandler lobs

I agree. I expect us to drop in the offensive rankings over the next 10 games or so. No way we can keep this sort of shooting up. That's why Amare is so important because he can run pick and rolls with Prigs and Felton all day. But the question is how is he gonna get minutes with Camby, Chandler, Melo and Sheed at the 4 and 5 also. But this has already been discussed to death so I'll shut up :lol:

woody is going to have to make tough choices. but that is one of them good problems.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#186 » by Capn'O » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 am

j4remi wrote:They still absolutely controlled the game. Here's how, they took 19 more FGA's than their opponents thanks in large part to 9 steals and 19 forced TO's. They still had 19 assists on their 33 makes which tells you it wasn't a question of execution or team play...it was just an off shooting night and that wasn't even close to enough to stop this team.

Yeah - this is the "possession" argument I've been making. I think Memphis was the first game where we didn't win the possessions/shots battle outright and it was our only loss. I'm really coming around to the Felton signing. He's not the best floor general - both Kidd and Prigs are better, and I also think Lin is better in this regard - but he takes care of the ball really well (better than Lin) and is an excellent passer.

There are very few times when we don't have two of Him, Kidd, Prigs, or Smith out on the floor. When Shump comes back that will make 5. You can't press this team because we can just pass it to another player with excellent handles who knows how to move the ball. That is an incredible luxury.

As bad as the Pacers were, they actually outshot us percentagewise - and we still won big!
BAF Clippers

NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#187 » by NYKat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:16 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
NYKat wrote:
knicksosmoove wrote:

yep, and I think the quality of the board is suffering as a result of it. he was very good at sparking discussion with his post game notes. post game threads end up being a lot shorter these days.

it'd be nice to have more diversity of perspective around here is what I think...

I actually second this.

I love a good heated debate, but god forbid you try to engage in one, folks get all sensitive and call it baiting, trolling or shut down the thread

A debate should never get to the point of being heated.

That's when it gets personal, and it really should never hit that point.

I suppose...

I hate when people over message boards threaten eachother or give out their address or corny sh*t like that, I think we're all a little more mature than that, but a light insult here or there shouldn't hurt nobody 8-)
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,435

Post#188 » by j4remi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:31 am

Capn'O wrote:
j4remi wrote:They still absolutely controlled the game. Here's how, they took 19 more FGA's than their opponents thanks in large part to 9 steals and 19 forced TO's. They still had 19 assists on their 33 makes which tells you it wasn't a question of execution or team play...it was just an off shooting night and that wasn't even close to enough to stop this team.

Yeah - this is the "possession" argument I've been making. I think Memphis was the first game where we didn't win the possessions/shots battle outright and it was our only loss. I'm really coming around to the Felton signing. He's not the best floor general - both Kidd and Prigs are better, and I also think Lin is better in this regard - but he takes care of the ball really well (better than Lin) and is an excellent passer.

There are very few times when we don't have two of Him, Kidd, Prigs, or Smith out on the floor. When Shump comes back that will make 5. You can't press this team because we can just pass it to another player with excellent handles who knows how to move the ball. That is an incredible luxury.

As bad as the Pacers were, they actually outshot us percentagewise - and we still won big!

Yep, we got outshot in terms of FG and 3 point FG% and still beat them handily...and it's not just possessions for possessions sake like the D'antoni years, these are controlled offensive attacks. Almost every time down there's a focal point on either a post up or high pick and roll. Felton thrives where Lin struggled in his ability to throw an entry pass to the post and his ability to maintain a high speed through the picks, Lin would often slow down to survey and this allowed defenders to recover at times...Lin was better at a number of things, but I think Felton is better protecting the ball out of the high pick and roll which is a big centerpiece of our offense.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#189 » by Knicker23 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:32 am

knicksosmoove wrote:
Capn'O wrote:He's not posting ATM primarily because clowns like you ran him off the board.

Straight clowns. The audacity to call a guy that hung with the team through the last decade, posted keys for terrible game after terrible game, a troll and consistently bait and berate him even in absence is pathetic. It was a pleasant realization during my hiatus this summer to realize that I don't hate Melo the player but certainly do not like the way his insane clown posse that follows him behaves themselves.

yep, and I think the quality of the board is suffering as a result of it. he was very good at sparking discussion with his post game notes. post game threads end up being a lot shorter these days.

it'd be nice to have more diversity of perspective around here is what I think...

Give me a break. No one ran anyone out of anywhere. Certain people have stopped posting, in my guess, because the Knicks are the exact opposite of what they spent every post saying they'd be. I'd be embarrassed to post if this team was 7-1 and I was one of the 'sky is falling, this team will never amount to anything, we will rue the day blah blah blah' stuff too. Not that I care what any of those types thing anyway. But lets be honest here, they'd all come back if this team was 2-8 and not 7-1.

"Diversity of perspective" ? Does that mean reverting to the same exact points in every discussion, and pouncing at the first moment the team missteps so you can push what you thought should have happened a few years ago, or make your displeasure with the direction of the team heard via constantly bringing down the moral and sentiment in threads? Hey, any poster is free to hold w/e opinions and make w/e posts they want.. but lets call it what it is here.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,564

Post#190 » by Fat Kat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:36 am

Knicker23 wrote:
knicksosmoove wrote:
Capn'O wrote:He's not posting ATM primarily because clowns like you ran him off the board.

Straight clowns. The audacity to call a guy that hung with the team through the last decade, posted keys for terrible game after terrible game, a troll and consistently bait and berate him even in absence is pathetic. It was a pleasant realization during my hiatus this summer to realize that I don't hate Melo the player but certainly do not like the way his insane clown posse that follows him behaves themselves.

Give me a break. No one ran anyone out of anywhere. Certain people have stopped posting, in my guess, because the Knicks are the exact opposite of what they spent every post saying they'd be. I'd be embarrassed to post if this team was 7-1 and I was one of the 'sky is falling, this team will never amount to anything, we will rue the day blah blah blah' stuff too. Not that I care what any of those types thing anyway. But lets be honest here, they'd all come back if this team was 2-8 and not 7-1.

"Diversity of perspective" ? Does that mean reverting to the same exact points in every discussion, and pouncing at the first moment the team missteps so you can push what you thought should have happened a few years ago, or make your displeasure with the direction of the team heard via constantly bringing down the moral and sentiment in threads? Hey, any poster is free to hold w/e opinions and make w/e posts they want.. but lets call it what it is here.

This. Exactly this.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#191 » by kane2021 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:49 am

He's posting on another board. Some of yall know that because you posted his stuff on this site.

If you want to argue with him go to that site. Stop baiting. And dont bring that crap from some place else here. Its not here for a reason. Keep on and see if all this work we doing is a joke. Aint **** to start picking yall off one by one for bringing that trouble here.

This is the only warning anyone will see from me. I got zero tolerance for this. Im not handing out explanations. All the dam reports that got put in on him. All the dam complaining. He is somewhere else now. And people calling him back. Even going as far as to take his posts from another site and putting them here so they can talk ****.

I am going to go after the next person with total bias. You can report me. Get me tossed. I dont care. Anyone bringing that non sense here is in the wrong. GTFOH. All the dam **** time I put into this **** because almost 100 people complained. And now you going to bring this **** back? **** that.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#192 » by boomann21 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:51 am

MeloTime wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
knicksosmoove wrote:it'd be nice to have more diversity of perspective around here is what I think...

The Knicks are 7-1, and is doing with pretty much with very solid defense.

I would think everyone would be happy for that.

What other kind of diverse perspective could you look for?

There's only so many times we can wonder what the team will look like in 2015.

Exactly, What do you want to talk about ? What area can the knicks improve today ?

Offense - Good ball movement , low turnovers ( CHECK)
Defense - Crash boards , lock down , forced turnovers ( CHECK)
Team - Play together ( CHECK)

Why cant people enjoy it when we are finally good.

I got a few options on what we can discuss around here that are not so perfect.

Novak- Why is he so cold? Will he ever heat up?

Camby- Why is he not playing more minutes? What's wrong with our coach?

Rasheed- Why didn't we sign a young up and coming pf who can grow slowly and be considered home grown?

Woodson- Why are we not winning by 25 points or more?
boomann21
RealGM

Post#193 » by boomann21 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:52 am

SonOfMars wrote:Joey Crawford trying to fight off the Sheed presence

He also has the Need.
boomann21
RealGM

Post#194 » by boomann21 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:53 am

[GR] wrote:Didn't like the energy, but it is what it is.

Camby is by far the best big on the team right now

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#195 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:56 am

boomann21 wrote:
MeloTime wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:The Knicks are 7-1, and is doing with pretty much with very solid defense.

I would think everyone would be happy for that.

What other kind of diverse perspective could you look for?

There's only so many times we can wonder what the team will look like in 2015.

Exactly, What do you want to talk about ? What area can the knicks improve today ?

Offense - Good ball movement , low turnovers ( CHECK)
Defense - Crash boards , lock down , forced turnovers ( CHECK)
Team - Play together ( CHECK)

Why cant people enjoy it when we are finally good.

I got a few options on what we can discuss around here that are not so perfect.

Novak- Why is he so cold? Will he ever heat up?

Camby- Why is he not playing more minutes? What's wrong with our coach?

Rasheed- Why didn't we sign a young up and coming pf who can grow slowly and be considered home grown?

Woodson- Why are we not winning by 25 points or more?

That was weak, I expect better. :lol:
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#196 » by Knicker23 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:58 am

I agree Kane, basketball is much more fun to talk about. Not sure how or why that other stuff was brought up.

And Camby better get some time, he may have needed a few games to get his head in and the dust off.. but he's a great rebounder and shot alterer - both of which this team needs.. Can't have him rotting on the bench.

This game makes me question the 'team RBing' stat and what it actually means about a team.. Like Breen said about shot blocking during the game.... Pacers were #2 in RBs and they certainly didn't look like anything special compared to us... It's probably a combination of allowing teams a lot of shots, missing a lot yourself, etc etc..... Which makes sense with teams like Miami and OKC not great in RB rankings
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#197 » by Pharmcat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:01 am

marvelous win

:onfire:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#198 » by Capn'O » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:02 am

j4remi wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Yep, we got outshot in terms of FG and 3 point FG% and still beat them handily...and it's not just possessions for possessions sake like the D'antoni years, these are controlled offensive attacks. Almost every time down there's a focal point on either a post up or high pick and roll. Felton thrives where Lin struggled in his ability to throw an entry pass to the post and his ability to maintain a high speed through the picks, Lin would often slow down to survey and this allowed defenders to recover at times...Lin was better at a number of things, but I think Felton is better protecting the ball out of the high pick and roll which is a big centerpiece of our offense.

It would appear that Woodson and the management staff work very well together as well as this strategy was clearly orchestrated through Woodson's vision in the offseason. I can live with this. Having coach and management on the same page is so crucial - certainly more important than having Capn'O and management on the same page.
BAF Clippers

Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#199 » by Pharmcat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:03 am

[GR] wrote:Didn't like the energy, but it is what it is.

Camby is by far the best big on the team right now

its really hard for guys to get going for a 12 noon game when they are used to playing games at 7pm
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#200 » by Pharmcat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:05 am

this team still needs amare tho to take the scoring load and pressure off melo
cant wait to get him back

Return to New York Knicks