ImageImageImageImageImage

Dominic McGuire discussion thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Dominic McGuire discussion thread 

Post#1 » by Indeed » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:41 am

As much as people emphasize on effort, rebounding, defense and hustles, I have not heard anyone mentioned about his hard work, getting offensive board and playing great defense with the starting unit. I believe he is doing a great job and under appreciated at the moment.

He has made improvement on his open shot around the 18 feet, which helps spreading the floor. His defense is also decent, guarding the offensive wing player. I believe he is still learning and adjusting, and I hope he makes use of this opportunity. I believe his steals with Lowry back to give more ball pressure, and his offensive rebounding may slightly increase with more playing more time with the starters.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,650

Re: Dominic McGuire discussion thread 

Post#2 » by witnessraps » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:44 am

Im impressed. Good defender and shot blocker and hes shown he can hit an open shot.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#3 » by J Dilla » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 am

I wouldn't expect the world from him. Decent ball handling skills, not a reliable shooter, excellent defender - good traits for a temporary starting SF

The 11 points or whatever he had today was a big bonus. I don't expect him to have that type of offensive game on a consistent basis. Casey will use him to guard the opposing team's best swingmen until Fields gets back (hopefully never)

Or who knows maybe with opportunity he gets here he might surprise us all
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#4 » by Zeno » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:50 am

Really the only reason he's starting over Kleiza is because they can't put Kleiza, Jose, Bargs and a rookie out there at the same time. Once Lowry comes back, it will make alot more sense for Kleiza to start in his place. He is a real liability offensively. He should only be playing in very select defensive situations.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#5 » by zilby » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:51 am

D-Mac has been a solid pickup. Great defense and hustle, getting those gritty points. Only negative that's extremely noticeable is his questionable shot selection at times, but if he's knocking those open jumpers than that's all we really need.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#6 » by Indeed » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:53 am

J Dilla wrote:I wouldn't expect the world from him. Decent ball handling skills, not a reliable shooter, excellent defender - good traits for a temporary starting SF

The 11 points or whatever he had today was a big bonus. I don't expect him to have that type of offensive game on a consistent basis. Casey will use him to guard the opposing team's best swingmen until Fields gets back (hopefully never)

Or who knows maybe with opportunity he gets here he might surprise us all

He was a little excited to take a contested shot today, but 5-9 FGM-A is at good efficiency. If he can add more fast break points/assists, he can probably look better on the stats sheet, but that may have to wait for Lowry.

The only difference between him and James Johnson is, perhaps James Johnson can block from behind with his leaping ability. Also James Johnson is a good pick and roll player, who can bounce pass to the player at the location to score.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#7 » by Indeed » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:56 am

Zeno wrote:Really the only reason he's starting over Kleiza is because they can't put Kleiza, Jose, Bargs and a rookie out there at the same time. Once Lowry comes back, it will make alot more sense for Kleiza to start in his place. He is a real liability offensively. He should only be playing in very select defensive situations.

I am not sure, we are hiding DeRozan with McGuire guarding the best wing player.
McGuire makes mistakes, and sometimes trap on the screen as much as DeRozan, but McGuire makes opponent shoots jump shot, and he contested with his hand at the ball level almost everytime.

However, sometimes he may over help in the post, because Jonas is already there, and Bargnani can hold his ground.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#8 » by SHFT » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:05 am

witnessraps wrote:Im impressed. Good defender and shot blocker and hes shown he can hit an open shot.

What have you been watching? I actually get angry when he shoots he hit one open shot today and I was still pissed that he shot it. He should NEVER try to create his own shot and should just cut to the basket and use his athleticism to get buckets. Seriously, I would rather have Demar shoot 3's all day then watch Dominic McGuire shoot.
PHANTOMPHOENIX
Head Coach
And1: 1,074

Post#9 » by PHANTOMPHOENIX » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:07 am

If McGuire becomes useful in any way, Fields is going to even appear more useless.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,685

Post#10 » by Badonkadonk » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:09 am

SHFT wrote:
witnessraps wrote:Im impressed. Good defender and shot blocker and hes shown he can hit an open shot.

What have you been watching? I actually get angry when he shoots he hit one open shot today and I was still pissed that he shot it. He should NEVER try to create his own shot and should just cut to the basket and use his athleticism to get buckets. Seriously, I would rather have Demar shoot 3's all day then watch Dominic McGuire shoot.

He's prolly watching the player who is shooting 53% on the season (5/9 today).

He's obviously not the most fluid scorer, but at least he seems to be avoiding stupid decisions most of the time (so far). I'll take that from a guy who is supposed to bring 'the other stuff' (i.e. hustle, defense etc.) first.
RyanW
Senior
And1: 89

Post#11 » by RyanW » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:05 am

JJ's replacement.
Image Image
SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,659

Post#12 » by SkywalkerAC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:21 am

anyone else seeing a bigger, less talented Demar Derozan out there? Dom might be trying to mimic DD's shooting form or it's just a coincidence but either way Mr McGuire's jump shot is...interesting.
bonjovi0308
Veteran
And1: 888

Post#13 » by bonjovi0308 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:59 am

I give credit where credit is due. Nice pickup from bc. However fields might have an uphill battle against d mac when hes back...
E-TRAK
Sixth Man
And1: 552

Post#14 » by E-TRAK » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:34 pm

this brother is very BLESSED in the sex department..had to be every bit of 9'' r 10'' inches at least thats what it looked and felt like

[url]
http://www.talk-sports.net/nba/girlfrie ... ic_McGuire[/url]

:lol:
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#15 » by SDM » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:47 pm

talk-sports.net's girlfriend page is the greatest website ever. Look up the Shaun Marcum entry.
orangutooth
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Post#16 » by orangutooth » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 pm

the guy can shoot, defend and make layups unlike fields. is there any reason that fields should play another minute for the raptors this year unless both mcguire and anderson are injured at the same time?
Sam wasn't the solution, but he wasn't the problem either
- Harry Palmer
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#17 » by dagger » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:59 pm

orangutooth wrote:the guy can shoot, defend and make layups unlike fields. is there any reason that fields should play another minute for the raptors this year unless both mcguire and anderson are injured at the same time?

I don't find him to be the plus defender he is made out to be and I cringe when he takes a shot. That he has one good game doesn't change anything for me. He's a nice end of bench player.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#18 » by KnickerBonkerz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Dominic is a really sweet guy met him a couple of months ago @ a club we exchange #'s texted a few times and later i met up with him and the night was very ''passionate" he is very "ENDOWED" laawd! anyway we have since kept in contact and every time he's in my city we "hook up'' he smokes hella tree's though but super cool dude and funny

Lol i wouldn't take anything said on that forum as 100% fact, but if this is true looks like we got a James Johnson clone minus the attitude
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,165

Post#19 » by niQ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:19 pm

KnickerBonkerz wrote:Lol i wouldn't take anything said on that forum as 100% fact, but if this is true looks like we got a James Johnson clone minus the attitude

That's pretty much what I said when we acquired him. We got our replacement James Johnson.
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#20 » by KnickerBonkerz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:30 pm

I still prefer JJ though, he's much more talented offensively especially shooting the 3

Return to Toronto Raptors