Official NBA Game Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,369

Re: Official NBA Game Thread 

Post#121 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 pm

jerseyjac wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Collison sucks. They're missing Granger big time and Hibbert is playing like a complete bag of balls.

Yeh Hibbert needs to be called out...

Indeed. He got heaped with praise last year as some sort of transformed beast and although he certainly played quite well as a whole, he was not what he was made out to be in my humble opinion and I and others that shared that view were called out as absurd for even thinking it.

When I kept saying he wasn't as good as a healthy Brook and that Brook would be much better this year I was straight laughed out of the room and called a super homer and that my opinion was worthless and the such.

Now it's early in the season for both teams and I don't feel this alone is validating my opinion just yet, but it does mean something.

Good player. Not much more. Something of a joke of an All Star. Not like some ridiculous Magloire type fake All Star, but still.

IDK.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Dray-Z
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#122 » by Dray-Z » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:50 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
JMAINE_PH wrote:I hate how everyone says we traded Lillard for Wallace....NOOOO! If we had kept out pick Lillard would have not been selected. Even if he was he would've been traded.

Um...yeah, we traded Gerald Wallace for Lillard.

Well yes and no... Had the Nets kept their pick there was a zero percent chance Lillard would have gone there.

Kudos to Portland for making a good pick (though I'd be careful to anoint Lillard a superstar as many Blazers fans want to)...

---

Also lol at the Knicks. They had not shot at beating the Grizzlies. Their fans are in hardcore scramble and deny mode right now.

The Knicks are an average team with a good record much like the Milwaukee Bucks right now. Also to be fair given how they've played I consider the Nets a bad team (seriously other than the first Orlando game there's not one game where I can say with a straight face that the Nets played well) with a good record.

Much can and will change by the time is season over, but the amount of overreaction and overhyping going on right now is comical.
Lead Assistant
And1: 277

Post#123 » by 624 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:41 am

Knicks fans are using the "our team was tried" excuse when they went into that game with the least amount of games played so far this season...
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#124 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:05 am

Let's not discredit Memphis though, they're a very good team.

My preseason prediction stands, Knix will win somewhere between 44 and 52 games and likely around 47 to 50. They are a good team, they just aren't this insanely great contending monster their delusion fans are championing right now.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Dray-Z
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#125 » by Dray-Z » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:46 am

I have the Knicks as a mid 40 win team tops barring no injury to Carmelo. If you look at their roster and play style they NOT THE NETS are the new Atlanta Hawks.

The difference being that those Joe Johnson Atlanta Hawks teams had an overall better team and weren't nearly as old as the Knicks.

For all the talk about how Carmelo is a changed player and the Knicks are moving the ball, people do realize that Carmelo is posting the same usage rate as always while also posting the lowest assist rate of his career, right?

It also deserves mentioning that the Knicks opening season schedule broke down as such:

One game vs. Miami, one day off, two games vs. the Sixers, THREE DAYS OFF, one game against the Mavericks, THREE games off, one day off, back-to-back with the Spurs and Grizzlies.

Those two pretty much back-to-back three day off periods are extremely rare in the NBA and extremely beneficial to an older team.

The Nets by contrast have alternated playing a game and having one day off ALL SEASON until now (two days off between the Celtics and Kings game).

As I stated before, don't believe the hype. The Knicks are an average team with a good record. Due to their quirky schedule to open the year the Knicks and their mob of old timers have yet to be put through the bumps and bruises of a true regular season schedule.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#126 » by Paradise » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:39 am

Actually, the NBA has been promoting the hell out of them. Last night on NBA TV, during the Gizz/Knicks highlights they open it up by saying "Who would have thought the Grizzlies and Knicks would be in such an important game. This could be an NBA FINALS preview"

I nearly fell out of my chair but I can't fault the NBA for hyping them up, this is probably the best start they will ever have in the next 3 years. Might as well capture the lighting in the bottle.

Memphis is now 8-1. I still think NYK is very good as long as they defend and rebound but the Grizzlies are simply better than anyone right now.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#127 » by jeff1624 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:16 pm

The Pacers are sooooo bad. I don't think they even make the playoffs this year.
Dat Leadership
JMaine518
Starter
And1: 156

Post#128 » by JMaine518 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:38 am

Celtics might take this L from The Detroit Ponies!
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#129 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:44 am

jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#130 » by jeff1624 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:46 am

NyCeEvO wrote:Image

:lol: It was only a matter of time.
Dat Leadership
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#131 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:53 am

Rondo only has 9 assists! Let the streak break....
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#132 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:02 am

So the "best PG in the league" led his team to a blowout loss against the Pistons and was left in in garbage solely for the purpose of extending the assist streak.

10 asts, 6 TOs...smh
Paradise

Post#133 » by Paradise » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:08 am

Pistons blew out Boston? Ah, that don't matter. Rondo didn't play....Oh wait.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,068

Post#134 » by therealbig3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:14 am

The assists streak is meaningless, and Rondo's game today proves why.

And like I posted on the GB, someone that goes for 30/9 is doing more for their team than someone that goes for 15/10. And also like I posted on the GB, Rondo is no better than McGee here, but he gets a big pass for it, and is in fact praised for it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Ur8rtAinI[/youtube]
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#135 » by N Ireland Nets » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 am

therealbig3 wrote:The assists streak is meaningless, and Rondo's game today proves why.

And like I posted on the GB, someone that goes for 30/9 is doing more for their team than someone that goes for 15/10. And also like I posted on the GB, Rondo is no better than McGee here, but he gets a big pass for it, and is in fact praised for it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Ur8rtAinI[/youtube]

If you check out the last game in which Rondo got 20 assists, quite a few of them weren't even close to being assists.
Paradise

Post#136 » by Paradise » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:33 am

Rondo has always been praised but never criticized for his turnovers compared to D-Will or at one point, Jeremy Lin. The bias is pretty hilarious.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#137 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:14 am

The Knix look wonderful!
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#138 » by therealbig3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:19 am

Harden and Parson went off. Just straight up obliterated the Knicks.
Ronito
Lead Assistant
And1: 101

Post#139 » by Ronito » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:43 am

Rondo passes open layups for contested 16 foot jumpers. He's no where close to where people think he is, and that's a top 15 player in the NBA. Shoot, some people on ESPN say he's inside the top 10.

Also, anyone see the recent Lakers games? Pau needs to be traded.

Edit: As I post this:

Asked DAntoni what the thinking was on not putting Pau back in when Jamison fouled out in crunch time? He said "I'd like to win this game"
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#140 » by therealbig3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:19 am

Wow, we've been really hard on ourselves so far this season...but has ANY team looked all that impressive this year?

Clippers are getting blown out by the Hawks.

Heat are losing to the Cavs.

Thunder are clinging to a lead over the Sixers.

Knicks started off hot, but have lost their last 2 games to the Dirk-less Mavs and the Rockets.

Lakers have obviously disappointed early on as well.

Celtics have struggled out of the gate too.

The only teams that I would say are actually playing top-notch basketball right now are the Grizzlies and Spurs.

Return to Brooklyn Nets