is it disloyal if miami trades wade?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

kingofcomedy
Banned User
And1: 11

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#41 » by kingofcomedy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:37 am

^^ the knicks are better without amare he's an awful fit with melo, Miami isn't a better team without wade so they are different in regards to team value and trade value, just accept the fact that u made an awful comparison
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#42 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:40 am

Wade is that franchise, he made guys want to play there again. But you can never rule out whats best for the franchise, trading him is a major PR hit that could level major damage among it's fans and business dealings for that matter. On the other hand if you land the right pieces in a so called trade and it makes you better than before then it's good. Yeah it'll sting for awhile but W's wipe everything away at some point.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
azzah
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#43 » by azzah » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:47 am

trade wade and you can almost count on Lebron wanting to leave, he came to Miami to play with his best friend and was sold on joining Miami due to loyalty and family
Stephen Colbert
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#44 » by Stephen Colbert » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:56 am

Ettorefm wrote:I can even accept Love over Wade for the experience and never going to the playoffs, that's great. Still, you have 5 guys ahead of him, and 2/3 others in the same tier (for me Rondo is higher than Wade in any list right now, for example)
Also, you have two of the best 5 players (IMO) injuried in Rose/Dirk. I'm not putting them in the list because as I said, I live in the real world, not imaginationland. When they get back, I'll talk. At the same time, Wade is lucky those guys aren't playing..
I just can't see Wade being better right now (or since the beginning of the 10-11 season) than Paul, Rondo, Lebron, Howard, Kobe and Durant.
Actually, RIGHT NOW, november 18th (so, only this season), my list would be
1)Lebron
2)Melo
3)Durant
4)Kobe
5)Paul
6)Rondo
7)Irving ( 24/6/4 on 47% is MVP Rose-like)
8)Parker
9)Duncan
10)Howard

I agree, so if he is playing near MVP caliber ball then why is he 6 on your list? If Melo gets the bump to number 2 because of his high level of play RIGHT NOW then Irving should too.
SVictor
Bench Warmer
And1: 23
Location: Madrid - Karl wants JaVale McGee to be more like Tim Duncan LOL

Post#45 » by SVictor » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:56 am

Ignitowsky wrote:Disloyal, no. Stupid, yes
knickstape1214 wrote:Just so we can see every side of this thread before I close it -

Melo sucks, Knicks sucks, LeBron sucks, Durant is humble, Durant is fake, Durant sucks, Serge Ibaka.
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#46 » by GreenBloodedC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:07 am

If Wade's going to be traded, it would be something of mutual agreement. Ala KG to the Celtics. But I can't see that happening while Lebron is around.
narmerguy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,052

Post#47 » by narmerguy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:11 am

Miami wouldn't trade Wade until it became clear that the fanbase was angry and upset with him for sucking. That won't really happen until miami gets eliminated in the playoffs and the blame games begin. If Miami keeps winning, it will be hard to justify trading him when he's so beloved among the fans and it's not like he's that bad. He's got the potential to light up a team still, he just needs to put it together. Not saying that entitles him to being in the top 5, but it's enough to make someone not feel compelled to trade him and face the wrath that follows (including James losing faith in the team image that he was sold on).
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Post#48 » by GeneralNbaFan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 am

CB-Blazer wrote:
GeneralNbaFan wrote:
kingofcomedy wrote:LeBron looked bad in the finals because he was being guarded by excellentdefenders, he was still athletic and explosive his shot was just off which he's never been a great shooter, wade now lacks explosiveness and he'll be 31 hitting fa

No one can guard Lebron, even excellent defenders.... my point : Wade had a bad playoff series , but who cares?With bad I mean bad for his standarts (which means still top 10)!

If he plays bad again the you are right, but until then you have to wait, because its still regular season!

And its not ridiculous to call Wade a top 5 player... Because after Lebron and Howard, Wade Kobe Durant Dirk and I think Anthony also, are arguable.....

Quit being a homer man.

Lebron
Bosh
Kobe
Howard
Rondo
Durant
Duncan

Are all clearly better than Wade. This doesn't counter injured players like Rose and Love who are both better than Wade at this point in their careers also.

Wade has been vastly over-hyped, which I don't understand because Bosh has been vastly underhyped.

If you really think that they are better than Wade, than there is no need to argue!
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect

Post#49 » by GeneralNbaFan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:45 am

kingofcomedy wrote:
Ettorefm wrote:I can even accept Love over Wade for the experience and never going to the playoffs, that's great. Still, you have 5 guys ahead of him, and 2/3 others in the same tier (for me Rondo is higher than Wade in any list right now, for example)
Also, you have two of the best 5 players (IMO) injuried in Rose/Dirk. I'm not putting them in the list because as I said, I live in the real world, not imaginationland. When they get back, I'll talk. At the same time, Wade is lucky those guys aren't playing..
I just can't see Wade being better right now (or since the beginning of the 10-11 season) than Paul, Rondo, Lebron, Howard, Kobe and Durant.

Rondo is an excellent player, however he shouldn't be on any top 5 list, imo a top 5 player should be able to lead a team of nobodies atleast close to the playoffs, if u put rondo on the bobcats they're still a lotto team as with Kevin love

I actually like Rondo but he is not better than Wade.... and I dont know what to say about Love..... how can you consider him a top 10 player? Because of espn?
People need to understand that playing for contender and a non playoffs/barely playoff team are a complete another story....like scoring at crunch time and garbage time!
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#50 » by CB-Blazer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:55 am

If you really think that they are better than Wade, than there is no need to argue!

Duncan is averaging 18 points, 10 rebounds and 3 assists in 30 minutes a game. What exactly is Wade doing this year?

And Bosh? 20 points, 8 rebounds and 2 assists in 32 mpg.

What is Wade doing? 17 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in 33 minutes a game.......

Can you give me an arguement on exactly why they aren't on Wades level?
diablerouge
Analyst
And1: 260

Post#51 » by diablerouge » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:58 am

CB-Blazer wrote:

Duncan is averaging 18 points, 10 rebounds and 3 assists in 30 minutes a game. What exactly is Wade doing this year?

What is Wade doing? 17 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in 33 minutes a game.......

about 8 games of an injured wade is an excellent sample size, sir.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach

Post#52 » by CB-Blazer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:59 am

GeneralNbaFan wrote:
kingofcomedy wrote:

Rondo is an excellent player, however he shouldn't be on any top 5 list, imo a top 5 player should be able to lead a team of nobodies atleast close to the playoffs, if u put rondo on the bobcats they're still a lotto team as with Kevin love

I actually like Rondo but he is not better than Wade.... and I dont know what to say about Love..... how can you consider him a top 10 player? Because of espn?
People need to understand that playing for contender and a non playoffs/barely playoff team are a complete another story....like scoring at crunch time and garbage time!

The Celtics aren't a contendor?

Rondo is playing some amazing ball, what is Wade doing?

And saying Kevin Love is better than Wade? That isn't too farfetched.

Love is a young, all-star on an up and coming team.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach

Post#53 » by CB-Blazer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 am

diablerouge wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:

Please explain to me how great Wade played last year, please go in depth, specifically during the play-offs.
Heats_Finest
Banned User
And1: 33

Post#54 » by Heats_Finest » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:02 am

Miami will never trade Wade. Don't even need to right a bunch of reasons. But why would you leave the franchise that you've been with since being drafted, you recruited players to join you, you've won championships so you're not a ring chaser, and you've earned plenty of money over your career. I'd rather be a one team player.

Miami wouldn't do it because why would players want to join them if they just traded their franchise players like that. Wade will stay for life, and I'm sure he's almost best friends with Pat Riley. Well as close a friends as any other GM and player in the NBA.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by GeneralNbaFan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:05 am

diablerouge wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:

Thanks Brother
This IsMy House
General Manager
And1: 190

Post#56 » by This IsMy House » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:08 am

Wow it didnt take long at all for this thread to pop back up this year ahahhahaha. Oh RealGM.....
I Stand With The []_[]!
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by GeneralNbaFan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:08 am

[/quote]

People need to understand that playing for contender and a non playoffs/barely playoff team are a complete another story....like scoring at crunch time and garbage time![/quote]

The Celtics aren't a contendor?

Rondo is playing some amazing ball, what is Wade doing?

And saying Kevin Love is better than Wade? That isn't too farfetched.

Love is a young, all-star on an up and coming team.[/quote]

I was talking about Love. he is playing for a non contender....so its easier tu put up stats...but i never look at the stats because I actually understand what I am watching....

Rondo has a case for the best pg ( I think hes 2nd/3rd) but Wade is better.... not right now, but better as a player in 2012!
Magic24
Pro Prospect
And1: 109

Post#58 » by Magic24 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:10 am

If Wade gets traded, Lebron will show them loyalty and opt out and sign elsewhere. Also, no way Wade opts out to sign for less money, not that it will matter that much at that point.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect

Post#59 » by GeneralNbaFan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 am

Please explain to me how great Wade played last year, please go in depth, specifically during the play-offs.[/quote]

He had some monster games in the playoffs, so that they won! Not the best for his standarts but still top 10!

Because 2009 Wade is the second best player in the league...
Rajon Rondo Fan
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#60 » by Rajon Rondo Fan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 am

GeneralNbaFan wrote:Please explain to me how great Wade played last year, please go in depth, specifically during the play-offs.

He had some monster games in the playoffs, so that they won! Not the best for his standarts but still top 10!

Because 2009 Wade is the second best player in the league...[/quote]

What does 2009 wade have to do with anything? Were talking 2011 and 2012 wade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Return to The General Board