ImageImage

Hornets/Bucks Postgame

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,928

Re: Hornets/Bucks Postgame 

Post#101 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:20 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Other great moments from last night......

On Larry's great block, he kept the ball in play and then snatched the rebound on it away from Ersan.

Buddha put up a 15/8 line with one great block in only 20 minutes. Whether he starts or not is sort of irrelevant since Larry finishes. We'd need 20 minutes of backup center anyways. To get this type of production from our "backup" center is pretty good.

Dunleavy with 9 rebounds. He seems to have found his home in our up tempo game.

sammy/ larry center duo.......

42 mpg
16.8 ppg
13.3 rpg
3.5 bpg
.644 fg%
.667 ft%

only complaint i have is theyre only 0-1 from 3pt. that needs to improve.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#102 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:20 pm

The last thing you want to do is try and change how Sanders plays. Nobody is saying he doesn't need to improve. But you're never going to change the kind of player he is in terms of how he attacks the game. And that's fine, since he's a stud defender.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,376

Post#103 » by randy84 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:23 pm

One thing I would like to give Skiles props for, is that he mixed in Henson when it was still a close contest. I hope he continues to carve out small amounts of minutes for Henson during the flow of the game and not just in garbage time. I think this will help the rookie learn.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#104 » by ampd » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:44 pm

LUKE23 wrote:The last thing you want to do is try and change how Sanders plays. Nobody is saying he doesn't need to improve. But you're never going to change the kind of player he is in terms of how he attacks the game. And that's fine, since he's a stud defender.

Right. I never said he shouldn't work on his game.

What I have said is that if he was doing this at an incredible rate or even a rate worth mentioning honestly, Larry Sanders himself would not be 10th in the NBA in DRR, and the Bucks would not be 1st in the league at it. I stand by that.
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#105 » by bullox » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:58 pm

skones wrote:
upnorthfan wrote:The whole game I was thinking Dunleavy in how he kept us in it, so I am staying with him.

Question: My son just moved to Milwaukee, and he has satelite TV. He said he couldn't get the game last night. How can he start getting the game? He lives in St Francis.

I could always cut him a deal with ATT Uverse.

Or instead of trying to sell the guy something, you could direct him to his customer service.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#106 » by jr lucosa » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:18 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Other great moments from last night......

On Larry's great block, he kept the ball in play and then snatched the rebound on it away from Ersan.

Buddha put up a 15/8 line with one great block in only 20 minutes. Whether he starts or not is sort of irrelevant since Larry finishes. We'd need 20 minutes of backup center anyways. To get this type of production from our "backup" center is pretty good.

Dunleavy with 9 rebounds. He seems to have found his home in our up tempo game.

sammy/ larry center duo.......

42 mpg
16.8 ppg
13.3 rpg
3.5 bpg
.644 fg%
.667 ft%

only complaint i have is theyre only 0-1 from 3pt. that needs to improve.

They've done a very good job together holding down the center position. They both have different advantages but one thing they have both been doing very well is catching passes from our guards and getting easy slams which I think has been huge for our offense as a whole.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#107 » by BUCKnation » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:24 am

randy84 wrote:One thing I would like to give Skiles props for, is that he mixed in Henson when it was still a close contest. I hope he continues to carve out small amounts of minutes for Henson during the flow of the game and not just in garbage time. I think this will help the rookie learn.

Agreed, he played very well in his limited time. He didnt treat it like garbage time either.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#108 » by skones » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:24 am

bullox wrote:
skones wrote:
upnorthfan wrote:The whole game I was thinking Dunleavy in how he kept us in it, so I am staying with him.

Question: My son just moved to Milwaukee, and he has satelite TV. He said he couldn't get the game last night. How can he start getting the game? He lives in St Francis.

Or instead of trying to sell the guy something, you could direct him to his customer service.

Well given that we don't know the provider, that would be rather difficult. I don't see you directing anyone to a customer service department.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#109 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 am

skones wrote:
bullox wrote:
skones wrote:

Well given that we don't know the provider, that would be rather difficult. I don't see you directing anyone to a customer service department.

Are there problems getting the bucks games on Dish? I was thinking about switching to save money.
skones
RealGM

Post#110 » by skones » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:54 am

Ill-yasova wrote:
skones wrote:
bullox wrote:

Are there problems getting the bucks games on Dish? I was thinking about switching to save money.

My parents had DISH since 1997, and I recently switched them to Uverse. I dont know if it was us not switching the package ever, or what, but we didn't receive FSNWI at all. We had FSN-North, which was Minnesota's equivalent. Most of the games were on the sports alternate channels, but on certain occasions they would be blacked out for whatever reason. You'd also have to deal with the weather which was always incredibly annoying, and lock yourself into a two year contract, in which they generally jack up the price after the first 12 months.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#111 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:05 am

skones wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:
skones wrote:

My parents had DISH since 1997, and I recently switched them to Uverse. I dont know if it was us not switching the package ever, or what, but we didn't receive FSNWI at all. We had FSN-North, which was Minnesota's equivalent. Most of the games were on the sports alternate channels, but on certain occasions they would be blacked out for whatever reason. You'd also have to deal with the weather which was always incredibly annoying, and lock yourself into a two year contract, in which they generally jack up the price after the first 12 months.

But this is where my problem comes in ATT sales guy. I don't get U-Verse in my area and Directv is raping my bill every month. I called and threatened to cancel and they just said OK.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#112 » by Wise1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:33 am

From the jumbotron:

Fan dancing was surprisingly up to par on this night.
Sam Dalembert is the best dancer on the team. He's actually good.
skones
RealGM

Post#113 » by skones » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:38 am

Ill-yasova wrote:
skones wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:Are there problems getting the bucks games on Dish? I was thinking about switching to save money.

But this is where my problem comes in ATT sales guy. I don't get U-Verse in my area and Directv is raping my bill every month. I called and threatened to cancel and they just said OK.

Yeah, that's ****. I had Charter all five years I lived out there, and they were always a pain in the ass to deal with.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#114 » by RiotPunch » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 am

Wise1 wrote:From the jumbotron:

Fan dancing was surprisingly up to par on this night.
Sam Dalembert is the best dancer on the team. He's actually good.

He's good at mumbling Thanksgiving wishes, in his thick Haitian accent, to the fans too.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,790

Post#115 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:24 am

RiotPunch wrote:This was an awesome game to be at. The BC was as loud as I've heard it in a long time, and the brand of basketball we played was very fun to watch.

Sad part was that the upper level was pretty much empty...on a Sat night...with us being in 1st place. :-?
skones
RealGM

Post#116 » by skones » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:30 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:This was an awesome game to be at. The BC was as loud as I've heard it in a long time, and the brand of basketball we played was very fun to watch.

Sad part was that the upper level was pretty much empty...on a Sat night...with us being in 1st place. :-?

To be fair, we've all seen this show before. It'll take prolonged success to change things around.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#117 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:32 am

skones wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:

To be fair, we've all seen this show before. It'll take prolonged success to change things around.

Exactly, the casual fan are in football mode right now and I think the team needs to keep winning to see a bump in attendance. I think if we can knock off NY, Miami, and/or Chicago in the upcoming stretch that will create some buzz.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#118 » by ampd » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:38 am

If we are in first 40 games into the season and nobody is coming, maybe then its time to start calling people out.
skones
RealGM

Post#119 » by skones » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:41 am

ampd wrote:If we are in first 40 games into the season and nobody is coming, maybe then its time to start calling people out.

Even during the FTD season, it wasn't until the later part of the season when we acquired Salmons that people really started noticing.
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#120 » by bullox » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:35 am

skones wrote:

Smart guy. Customer service is customer service. No matter what company it is.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks