Re: Hollinger rumors/speculation 

Post#21 » by BUCKnation » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:48 am

Thats worse than a BR trade idea.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#22 » by paul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:49 am

paulpressey25 wrote:This tells me that Hollinger doesn't watch any of our games.

We don't have Bogut so the media figures that ourz centerz positionz must be the sucks.....

Uh John, crunch some of your numbers in the Scantron 4000 and you'd probably figure out that our center position is out producing the Suns center position.

Add to that the fact that Gortat scored 15 PPGZ last season playing with Nash and you've got a no brain upgrade in the national media's eyes.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#23 » by fam3381 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 am

paulpressey25 wrote:This tells me that Hollinger doesn't watch any of our games.

That's probably because Hollinger didn't even write the story--I'd suggest changing the thread title to avoid further confusion. It's ESPN Insider, but was written by someone named Joe Kaiser:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/ ... gortat-nba
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,832

Post#24 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 am

I'm usually one of the tankingest youth-oriented guys on here, but given the way the team has played I'd probably be more willing than most here to give up a young guy like Harris or Henson for a good veteran. This trade doesn't cut it though. Not even close.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#25 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:58 am

I'd trade Udoh & Dalembert for Gortat, but not trading Henson, Harris or Sanders.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#26 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 am

LUKE23 wrote:I would maim people if we made that trade.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#27 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:01 am

LUKE23 wrote:
wichmae wrote:I probably wouldnt do it either but some of you are really undervaluing how good Gortat is.

Has nothing to do with that though, has to do with staying with the direction of the team and developing the youth.

Also, Kendall Marshall stinks.

Again.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#28 » by RiotPunch » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:02 am

Gortat should not be a target for this team. Just no.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#29 » by Bfinkish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 am

We don't have Bogut so the media figures that ourz centerz positionz must be the sucks.....

Uh John, crunch some of your numbers in the Scantron 4000 and you'd probably figure out that our center position is out producing the Suns center position.

this was exactly my thought. Hollinger clearly isn't watching any of our games. No way I'd do this. Tobes and henson are too interesting/valuable....
God is good.
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#30 » by Bfinkish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:05 am

fam3381 wrote:

That's probably because Hollinger didn't even write the story--I'd suggest changing the thread title to avoid further confusion. It's ESPN Insider, but was written by someone named Joe Kaiser:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/ ... gortat-nba

ahhhh hmmmm
God is good.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#31 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:10 am

Suns could do a lot better.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#32 » by LUKE23 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 am

DrugBust wrote:Suns could do a lot better.

If their goal is to get young talent for Gortat, then I highly doubt it.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#33 » by jeremyd236 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 am

I wouldn't like that deal at all, but what's the point in including Marshall and either Henson or Harris? We don't need another PG on this roster. If we HAD to do a trade like that, I'd rather leave Marshall and Harris out. Or I'd rather trade for a guy like Al Jefferson, who could be bought at a very low price compared to Gortat. But honestly, we shouldn't trade anyone until we start losing games.
paul
RealGM

Post#34 » by paul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:13 am

I don't honestly believe that, but if I'm the Suns GM I'm trading Gortat yesterday.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,785

Post#35 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:17 am

H-E double hockey sticks NO!

Can't even put into words how pissed I'd be if we did this.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#36 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:31 am

LUKE23 wrote:

Dude, I like both Henson and Tobes, but let's look at this without the Bucks covered glasses.

Kendall Marshall was taken #13, Henson was taken #14. Neither has done anything. At best they're a wash.

So now you're talking Harris and Gooden (a huge negative) for a guy who's been one of the best centers in the entire league for the last three years and is still two years shy of 30.

I like Tobes, but the fact is he's a SF that has never been known for defense and still hasn't proven anything on offense.

And that's the package for a bargain productive center for the next two years? If Hammond could get that he'd make the deal yesterday.

For the record, I don't really care either way. We're not beating the Heat with Gortat so why not stick with Tobes and Henson?

On the other hand, Gortat is easily the best trade chip among Henson, Tobes and whoever else you want to throw into the mix and if the Bucks wanted to move him on draft night or a year and a half from now they may be able to get a better player than Tobes or Henson.

Basically I'm saying unless Tobes or Henson become really good this would be a steal for Milwaukee.
paul
RealGM

Post#37 » by paul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:36 am

DrugBust wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:

So now you're talking Harris and Gooden (a huge negative) for a guy who's been one of the best centers in the entire league for the last three years and is still two years shy of 30.

Except that neither of those things are completely accurate. He's 3 months from turning 29, and without Nash handing him points he's been not very impressive.

It's too early to judge Marshall, but he's been absolutely turrible since landing in Pheonix. Henson has been night and day more impressive of the two so far.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#38 » by LUKE23 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:37 am

Gortat hasn't really been that great this year, so I don't really agree with this lavish illustration of his game. Lets see how he plays without Nash spoon feeding him dunks all year, so far he's an 11/10 guy at league average TS on a team that plays no defense. And if the argument on Henson vs. Marshall is just draft position, I can't really agree with that. I didn't want Marshall in the top 20, for very obvious reasons. Just because Phoenix made a horrible draft decision doesn't mean him and Henson are a wash. If you polled NBA GM's today on Henson vs. Marshall, who is more desirable?

This deal wouldn't make the Bucks better this year given their current roster and the fact they have a GREAT defensive frontcourt, and they sacrifice future assets. It's about as no brainer of a "no" as it gets for Milwaukee.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#39 » by LUKE23 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:41 am

The Suns are last in the league in defense currently. I don't care what the supporting cast is, if Gortat is really that impactful defensively, that isn't happening. Right now, Sanders and Udoh are both better defenders and Gortat isn't a good enough offensive player to really make him a huge asset there. Without Nash he's like a 11-13 ppg league average efficiency player.

I also disagree Harris hasn't proven anything on offense. He's proven that in the usage he does get, he's extremely efficient. He's proven he can score from many different spots. Would I like to see if he can handle more of a scoring load? Of course, but in the load he has gotten he's been impressive. Obviously, defensively he has a ton of work to do but so do most 20 year olds.
paul
RealGM

Post#40 » by paul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 am

LUKE23 wrote:The Suns are last in the league in defense currently. I don't care what the supporting cast is, if Gortat is really that impactful defensively, that isn't happening.

He's not.

Right now, Sanders and Udoh are both better defenders and Gortat isn't a good enough offensive player to really make him a huge asset there.

They are.

Without Nash he's like a 11-13 ppg league average efficiency player.

Closer to 10 than 13 imo and wouldn't be at all surprised to see his TS dip below average if Dragic can't figure out how to get him wide open 15 footers or dunks.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks