Game 10: Pack at Kitties - Noon

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Re: Game 10: Pack at Kitties - Noon 

Post#641 » by humanrefutation » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 am

LUKE23 wrote:Have no idea what GJ was thinking there. Just leave dude alone.

I don't know if that was from before he made the kick or after. If it's from after he made it, then it's obviously celebratory in nature. If it's from before, then sometimes guys benefit most from support and camaraderie rather than being shut out or ignored. When you're going through a tough streak, it's easy to spiral downward into a cycle of depression unless you have people around you to show you love and support. That's one thing about team sports that I personally loved, and I love that Jennings brought a smile to Mason's face when nothing else seemingly did at that point.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#642 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:58 am

It was before the kick.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#643 » by emunney » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 am

I LOVED that from Jennings. Crosby needs to loosen up, stop thinking, and just **** kick like he's been kicking his whole life. It's entirely mental with him. I think Jennings intuitively did a really smart thing there. Jennings is just inherently awesome and I'll miss him.

Also it resulted in that hilarious gif.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#644 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:20 am

emunney wrote:I LOVED that from Jennings. Crosby needs to loosen up, stop thinking, and just **** kick like he's been kicking his whole life. It's entirely mental with him. I think Jennings intuitively did a really smart thing there.

Absolutely, 100%.

Really wish we had a back that could make a guy miss or break a tackle. I don't think I could count the number of times this season our runningbacks were one man away from a big game only to be stopped cold.

Good to see Finley make some plays.

I love Hayward and our young DBs in general. Moses had a nice game.

Great day for the defense overall, though maybe Tramon could keep quiet when facing the most physically gifted the league has seen since Moss.

Offense just looks sluggish.

Stick with Crosby.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#645 » by xTitan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:20 am

This was a great win considering how the team played as whole, the make shift defense was incredible (with a little help from Stafford). Having said that, I am really concerned moving forward about the terrible offensive line. Saturday and EDS are pathetic, small, slow, weak lineman....I realize Fairly is improving every week, but they were humiliated the entire game. Lang also struggled mightily with pass protection from the right side. There is no help coming back for the o-line, this is the crap they are left with, I just can't see this offense functioning well with such a poor o-line.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#646 » by xTitan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:25 am

DrugBust wrote:
emunney wrote:I LOVED that from Jennings. Crosby needs to loosen up, stop thinking, and just **** kick like he's been kicking his whole life. It's entirely mental with him. I think Jennings intuitively did a really smart thing there.

Absolutely, 100%.

Really wish we had a back that could make a guy miss or break a tackle. I don't think I could count the number of times this season our runningbacks were one man away from a big game only to be stopped cold.

Good to see Finley make some plays.

I love Hayward and our young DBs in general. Moses had a nice game.

Great day for the defense overall, though maybe Tramon could keep quiet when facing the most physically gifted the league has seen since Moss.

Offense just looks sluggish.

Stick with Crosby.

Never liked Crosby, has something like 2 game winning kicks in his entire career, always saw him as mentally weak. The Packers will stick with him the rest of this year, but would like them to bring in some competition next year and if you can find a good kicker with ballz, go get him.

I thought Starks ran well considering how awful the o-line was, the offense was very sluggish but when you get owned upfront there is little you can do.....good luck Aaron with that line.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#647 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:31 am

Once again we're playing with some deficiencies, as I agree xTitan, Saturday/EDS are trash and Lang isn't anything special. Hopefully by next year we can solidify those positions and get a more elusive RB.

We're just going to have to give it our best shot again this year. Hopefully Aaron doesn't get killed and we are able to scheme well enough around it to win the whole thing.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#648 » by Newz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:35 am

GrendonJennings wrote:Once again we're playing with some deficiencies, as I agree xTitan, Saturday/EDS are trash and Lang isn't anything special. Hopefully by next year we can solidify those positions and get a more elusive RB.

We're just going to have to give it our best shot again this year. Hopefully Aaron doesn't get killed and we are able to scheme well enough around it to win the whole thing.

I agree... But we are in the same spot as just about every other team. No team is without a weakness.

It's all about who gets hot at the right time in the NFL. We just need to be playing our best ball when the playoffs roll around.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#649 » by xTitan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:39 am

Newz wrote:
GrendonJennings wrote:Once again we're playing with some deficiencies, as I agree xTitan, Saturday/EDS are trash and Lang isn't anything special. Hopefully by next year we can solidify those positions and get a more elusive RB.

I agree... But we are in the same spot as just about every other team. No team is without a weakness.

It's all about who gets hot at the right time in the NFL. We just need to be playing our best ball when the playoffs roll around.

Your o-line can not continue to be dominated, I expect the Giants are licking their chops at the thought of dominating this line. I am shocked that TT left the cupboard so bare at the o-line position, thought for sure he would be grooming a center for next year at the very least....2 undrafted FA lineman is not acceptable.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#650 » by LUKE23 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:45 am

When back to back 1st round tackles are out with injuries, you're going to be hurting on the OL. Not saying that means we should just ignore it, just stating that any team in the NFL would be in a bad position if that happened. Right now if we are actually healthy I like the OL outside of C.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#651 » by xTitan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 am

LUKE23 wrote:When back to back 1st round tackles are out with injuries, you're going to be hurting on the OL. Not saying that means we should just ignore it, just stating that any team in the NFL would be in a bad position if that happened. Right now if we are actually healthy I like the OL outside of C.

The only problem is that you had to know all through the off season and training camp that Sherrod would not be available...you had time to pick up a serviceable vet.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#652 » by chuckleslove » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:07 am

xTitan wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:When back to back 1st round tackles are out with injuries, you're going to be hurting on the OL. Not saying that means we should just ignore it, just stating that any team in the NFL would be in a bad position if that happened. Right now if we are actually healthy I like the OL outside of C.

The only problem is that you had to know all through the off season and training camp that Sherrod would not be available...you had time to pick up a serviceable vet.

There just aren't offensive tackles out there on the market readily available for reasonable prices that are significantly better than what we have.

Who exactly was available that you wanted and what did they sign for. I think you are caught up in Madden world instead of reality where it isn't as simple as just saying go get an upgrade.

There are teams with even worse lines than ours even after our injuries.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
xTitan
RealGM

Post#653 » by xTitan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:19 am

There just aren't offensive tackles out there on the market readily available for reasonable prices that are significantly better than what we have.

Who exactly was available that you wanted and what did they sign for. I think you are caught up in Madden world instead of reality where it isn't as simple as just saying go get an upgrade.

I am not a gamer, don't play Madden but they had the entire off season to find anyone, I don't believe that every team has 2 undrafted rookies and a journeyman like EDS as back up offensive lineman. The teams with worse lines than the Packers are looking forward to the draft not having Superbowl aspirations.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#654 » by Newz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:26 am

When we played the Steelers in the Super Bowl their line was in way worse shape than ours is.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,314

Post#655 » by trwi7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:35 am

jakecronus8 wrote:Burnett is not a very good football player, but I love the rest of the guys you listed.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#656 » by chuckleslove » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:38 am

xTitan wrote:

I am not a gamer, don't play Madden but they had the entire off season to find anyone, I don't believe that every team has 2 undrafted rookies and a journeyman like EDS as back up offensive lineman. The teams with worse lines than the Packers are looking forward to the draft not having Superbowl aspirations.

So who did you want the to sign in the off season if it is as easy as you are saying? You even get hindsight right now, there just weren't any big splash OL free agents
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
xTitan
RealGM

Post#657 » by xTitan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:48 am

So who did you want the to sign in the off season if it is as easy as you are saying? You even get hindsight right now, there just weren't any big splash OL free agents

show me the list and I will tell you.....who says a big splash FA? I just wanted an aging vet who could step in in case of emergency, the Packers won the Superbowl in 96 with old Doug Wilkerson, give me someone who has started in the past....no big splash, just serviceable.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#658 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:29 am

They had an offense that boat-raced the league last season with Newhouse at LT. They figured to have a 1st round pick backing him up at some point this season. I don't think you can hammer TT for this one.

Like I said, I don't think the line is a problem. Would it help if we had guys that opened huge holes? Of course. But Starks has gotten clean to the 2nd level. He's getting tackled by the one guy he needs to make miss.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#659 » by El Duderino » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 am

emunney wrote:I LOVED that from Jennings. Crosby needs to loosen up, stop thinking, and just **** kick like he's been kicking his whole life. It's entirely mental with him.

Clearly by body language alone Crosby has let the misses get into his head. That said, while i have absolutely zero knowledge on proper kicking mechanics, i wonder if part of Mason's problem is a mechanics issue?

I say that because on some of these kicks he's been missing, the ball moved in a bizarre fashion, almost as if massive wind gusts grabbing hold of the ball. He'll kick it and the ball starts going almost straight down the middle and then about half way to the goal posts, the ball violently jerks to the right or left. Crosby had two like that in Indy to a crazy degree that i honestly didn't ever recall seeing something like that before. It happened on the 38 yard attempt he missed today and that's likely why he thought initially that the kick was good. The ball about half way there looked like it would be good, then it jerked sharply to the left. There was weird movement also on the late one he made.
CousinOfDeath
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,260

Post#660 » by CousinOfDeath » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 am

I just want Jennings back.
suckfish wrote:Reminder: NBA players are stupid.

Return to Green Bay Packers