ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread 

Post#261 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:33 pm

sweetcity wrote:I agree that Minny is the perfect trading partner... Id even venture to try and get Calderon involved in a deal and take back Ridnour, who I believe is an amazing back up point guard for our team. Ridnour and start when Lowry goes down as well. I think Ross has more value then we think to Minny as well.... Ross + Ed Davis would probably get us back Williams and Ridnour.

What about something like

Raps Trade - Calderon + Ross + Davis
Raps Receive - Varejeo + Ridnour + Luke Walton

Cleveland Trade - Varejao + Walton
Cleveland Receive - Calderon + Williams

T Wolves Trade - Williams + Ridnour
T Wolves Receive - Ross + Davis

Raps - we sit back and hope that DD becomes a superstar

Lowry - Ridnour - Lucas
DeRozan - Anderson
Kleiza - Fields - McGuire
Varejao - Bargnani - Acy
JV - Amir - Gray

No thanks to that.

Do not want Walton and Varejao is redundant with Val.

Ross + Davis for Williams is the right trade as he would be almost the perfect fit next to Crapnani, is still young and developing and has a good relationship with a few of our guys.
Scraptor
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,884

Post#262 » by Scraptor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:47 pm

A roc 23 wrote:What is with the obsession with Wilson Chandler in this trade thread? He's in every other trade proposal. A couple pages back someone thought Wilson Chandler would be a more valuable piece for the Timberwolves than T. Ross and Ed Davis, in a three way trade.

Chandler:
2012-2013 - 6.5 PPG on 31% FG, 0 assists or steals in 70 minutes
2011-2012 playoffs - 4.8 PPG on 28% FG% in 23 minutes a game.

Are we really that confident that he's still the same player he was in 2010? He hasn't been consistently good in almost 2 years and he's still fighting injuries. He may have been in China for most of last season, but the 19 games he's played since he's been back he's been no better than Kleiza.

Why do we want to commit to paying Chandler almost 7 million a season until 2016? Maybe you take a gamble that he returns to his form of 2 years ago and you deal Ed Davis, but anything more and you're talking an unjustified risk.

Yeah I don't get it either. Patchwork solutions have brought us nothing but misery.
TPV
Senior
And1: 144

Post#263 » by TPV » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:14 am

A roc 23 wrote:What is with the obsession with Wilson Chandler in this trade thread? He's in every other trade proposal.

I don't get it either. He hasn't played well since he was a Knick (and he definitely benefited from playing with D'Antoni along with our prized FA acquisition Fields) and he can't even get off the bench on the Nuggets. That's not to say that he wouldn't be an uprgade over what we currently have, but that upgrade isn't really worth trading for.

TheGoodDoctor wrote:I say Ross + Davis for Williams

I don't get this one either. I think Ross is already better than Williams or he'll at least will be a more successful NBA player. His b-ball IQ is pretty good for a rookie and he already knows his role on the court. Williams is a much greater risk and if a great coach like Adelman can't use him properly with playing time available, it's hard for me to see how he'd fare better here.
StatLine
Veteran
And1: 1,723

Post#264 » by StatLine » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:22 am

McGuire for LeBron
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#265 » by ballislife » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:11 am

TPV wrote:
A roc 23 wrote:What is with the obsession with Wilson Chandler in this trade thread? He's in every other trade proposal.

I don't get it either. He hasn't played well since he was a Knick (and he definitely benefited from playing with D'Antoni along with our prized FA acquisition Fields) and he can't even get off the bench on the Nuggets. That's not to say that he wouldn't be an uprgade over what we currently have, but that upgrade isn't really worth trading for.

I don't get this one either. I think Ross is already better than Williams or he'll at least will be a more successful NBA player. His b-ball IQ is pretty good for a rookie and he already knows his role on the court. Williams is a much greater risk and if a great coach like Adelman can't use him properly with playing time available, it's hard for me to see how he'd fare better here.

The thing with Williams is, he's still about the same age as Ross and has a ton of room to grow. He's a good shooter and a physical player that we could use. He just doesnt fit in with Minny's trying to do. He's not the guy they need at the forward position. Ross is going be good, but I think for our purposes and what we need, Williams is a much better overall player. I would definitely take him for Davis and Ross - two guys in two positions that are duplicated on this lineup.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,291

Post#266 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:18 am

ballislife wrote:
TPV wrote:

The thing with Williams is, he's still about the same age as Ross and has a ton of room to grow. He's a good shooter and a physical player that we could use. He just doesnt fit in with Minny's trying to do. He's not the guy they need at the forward position. Ross is going be good, but I think for our purposes and what we need, Williams is a much better overall player. I would definitely take him for Davis and Ross - two guys in two positions that are duplicated on this lineup.

Williams is a tweener that cant play the 3 nor 4.

Davis and Ross at least have positions in this league. Horrible deal for the Raps.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,829

Post#267 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:35 am

I would definitely take him for Davis and Ross - two guys in two positions that are duplicated on this lineup.

We haven't seen the best of either Ross or Ed so that one bugs me. I think Ross and Ed should be retained and Bargs and Kleiza dispatched when both happen to be healthy at the same time.

Bargs/Kleiza out Okafor/Seraphin in.

Okafor/JV/Demar
Lowry/Ross

Ed Davis/Seraphin/McGuire
Jose/Anderson
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#268 » by WigginsNation » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:20 am

When is the trade deadline?

100% something is going down. The question is when. I hope something happens well before the deadline....like now!
Edumacated
Senior
And1: 404

Post#269 » by Edumacated » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:36 am

If the Raps record ever hits 5-25 by December I expect the GM (hopefully not BC) to try to trade, if possible, Bargs, Calderon, Lowry, Fields, Kleiza and Amir for draft picks or expirings and tank for a top 3 pick.
TPV
Senior
And1: 144

Post#270 » by TPV » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 pm

ballislife wrote:
TPV wrote:

The overlap in positions with Ross and Davis isn't ideal though I'd argue Williams is more suited to playpower forward than small forward. I don't think that Williams is more talented than Ross either. Williams went very high in the draft in 2011 because he suddenly became an awesome shooter in his final year of college. He hasn't been able to sustain that so far in the NBA.

I think we need shooting and good basketball IQ and we're losing more of that by trading Ross for Williams.
vintcinco
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#271 » by vintcinco » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:46 pm

TOR GETS:
Tayshaun Prince
Rodney Stuckey

DET GETS:
Jose Calderon
Dominic McGuire

Do you think it would be worth to pay Tayshaun to be our starting SF?
Stuckey could come off the bench to back up both PG and SG.
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,835

Post#272 » by Live Free » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:53 pm

the perfect trade that gets rid of Bargnani, Calderon, Kleiza & works for all teams:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ccnqfnu

Val/Amir/Gray
Boozer/Ed Davis/Amir
W.Chandler/Fields/C.Brewer
DeRozan/Ross/Fields
Lowry/M.Teague/Lucas

Dump Kleiza's extra year for Brewer's expiring this year, flip Jose + Bargnani for Boozer, Chandler, Teague.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,195

Post#273 » by Mister Ze » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:35 am

Live Free wrote:the perfect trade that gets rid of Bargnani, Calderon, Kleiza & works for all teams:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ccnqfnu

Val/Amir/Gray
Boozer/Ed Davis/Amir
W.Chandler/Fields/C.Brewer
DeRozan/Ross/Fields
Lowry/M.Teague/Lucas

Dump Kleiza's extra year for Brewer's expiring this year, flip Jose + Bargnani for Boozer, Chandler, Teague.

So the Bulls give up their playoff run in exchange for Jose, Kleiza, and Mozgov? Boozer and Hamilton can keep their playoff hopes alive and who knows maybe Rose comes back and takes them far into the playoffs?
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#274 » by JunkYardSubs » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:38 am

Bargs for Jeff Green or Derrick Williams somehow
SirHuey
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#275 » by SirHuey » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:41 am

Ross for Parsons
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#276 » by ballislife » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:53 am

I really like the way Chandler Parsons plays. Best of all, he can hit the three. We need a guy at that position who can hit the open threes.
SirHuey
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#277 » by SirHuey » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:55 am

ballislife wrote:I really like the way Chandler Parsons plays. Best of all, he can hit the three. We need a guy at that position who can hit the open threes.

Same, he's a great defender as well
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,195

Post#278 » by Mister Ze » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:56 am

The team should build around Lowry, Demar, and Val. Amnesty/trade both Bargnani and Kleiza to acquire a starting SF.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,650

Post#279 » by witnessraps » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:57 am

unfortunately Parsons for Ross doesn't work for Houston. They are definitely not trading their starting 3 for a backup 2.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#280 » by sweetcity » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Trade 1

Raps Trade - Calderon + Fields + Sacramento 2nd + Ed Davis
Raps Receive - Stuckey + Delfino + Detroit 2013 1st Round Pick from Detroit

Houston Trades - Carlos Delfino
Houston Receives - Sacramento 2nd Round + Landy Fields

Detroit Trades - Rodney Stuckey + 2013 1st Round Pick (top 8 protected)
Detroit Receives - Jose Calderon + Ed Davis

Trade 2

Toronto Trades - Andrea Bargnani + Toronto 2013 2nd Round Pick
Orlando Trades - Andrew Nicholson + Aaron Affallo

Toronto 2013 - + 2013 Pistons Pick

Lowry - Stuckey - Lucas
DeRozan - Ross - Anderson
Affalo - Delfino - McGuire
Amir Johnson - Nicholson + Acy
JV - Gray

Return to Toronto Raptors