ImageImageImageImageImage

500 @ Mecca Post Game Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Re: 500 @ Mecca Post Game Thread 

Post#201 » by AllanHoustonFan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 am

Pharmcat wrote:this team still needs amare tho to take the scoring load and pressure off melo
cant wait to get him back

Absolutely. His interior scoring is something we are lacking right now. Good win though.
#MKGA
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,960

Post#202 » by Capn'O » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:10 am

Pharmcat wrote:
[GR] wrote:Didn't like the energy, but it is what it is.

Camby is by far the best big on the team right now

its really hard for guys to get going for a 12 noon game when they are used to playing games at 7pm

Yeah - Felton said at halftime that the team had just gotten in at 5am Friday night from Memphis. Exhausting! And after a back to back. Why not fly the next day?

Pharmcat wrote:this team still needs amare tho to take the scoring load and pressure off melo

No doubt. And hope that he's The Real Amar'e. People forget who Amar'e is.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#203 » by kane2021 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 am

Knicker23 wrote:I agree Kane, basketball is much more fun to talk about. Not sure how or why that other stuff was brought up.

And Camby better get some time, he may have needed a few games to get his head in and the dust off.. but he's a great rebounder and shot alterer - both of which this team needs.. Can't have him rotting on the bench.

This game makes me question the 'team RBing' stat and what it actually means about a team.. Like Breen said about shot blocking during the game.... Pacers were #2 in RBs and they certainly didn't look like anything special compared to us... It's probably a combination of allowing teams a lot of shots, missing a lot yourself, etc etc..... Which makes sense with teams like Miami and OKC not great in RB rankings

I mean,.... everyone was pissed. Now they want to do to him what they didnt like him for doing. I said this the other day. If one is seeking satisfaction from that situation, it is being received. In the most powerful form. Silence.

We still not perfect. But I think its safe to say most of us did not envision this type of play. Let alone start. This is not some ssol fluke. This is execution of game plan and attitude. This is our identity. Its one thing to put a hand in a shooters face. Its another to try and take away someones identity. Thats hard. And if that person or team has the heart to back it, then my guess is it wont be taken. So far this team has shown the heart. I am beyond pleased.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#204 » by boomann21 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:16 am

AllanHoustonFan wrote:

Absolutely. His interior scoring is something we are lacking right now. Good win though.

Also his passion for the game of basketball. At first I was all like "let's get rid of him, he's injury prone." Now I want to see the guy in action that started the "Knicks Are Back" movement. Now that we have a legit team and a legit coach. I want to see if our $100 million dollar man might be able to mesh better with these vets rather than with Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, Bill Walker, and the misfits.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#205 » by kane2021 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 am

If amare is on the floor it changes the way you must defend carmelo and this whole team. Amare can shoot, create for himself, and finish off a pass. If you send 2 forwards at melo, amare is going to score the ball until you go back to defending him. That alone is valuable I feel.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#206 » by StutterStep » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:23 am

Great post J4Remi!

I missed the beginning and end...#wreck_it_ralph!

Will catch it later!
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#207 » by StutterStep » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:46 am

j4remi wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:I wonder what's up with Novakaine? Is his timing off or something. His missing a lot of shots that are automatic for him.

I just read a blogger talking about Novak and his regression...He mentioned that Novak's 3 point percentage on the season is only like 1.5% shy of Reggie Miller's career average. Maybe we're all just spoiled because of how dominant he was from three last year, it kinda makes sense that he would fall back to Earth...though it's true that he's missing shots I'd expect him to make.

He's rushing his shot so I think Landry Fields's shooting coach got a hold of him!
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#208 » by TheBigBoss » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:05 am

I am just really anxious to see how Amare's work with Hakeem went. I also can't wait to see how he does being with competent guards again. I am also dying to see how Sheed/Stat/Melo frontcourt is going to look together as I have a feeling that they will have good chemistry together. I am still stunned at how good Sheed still is though, it even looks like his legs are coming back with that throw down he had. I want to see him post up more though like he was doing in the Memphis game, he looked unstoppable in the post.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#209 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:14 am

kane2021 wrote:If amare is on the floor it changes the way you must defend carmelo and this whole team. Amare can shoot, create for himself, and finish off a pass. If you send 2 forwards at melo, amare is going to score the ball until you go back to defending him. That alone is valuable I feel.

But will our defense remain as elite? That's mainly what I care about. Btw when you double Melo, he immediately finds an open man, the ball rips around the arc, andwe get open shots...That is just as valuable to me as hitting Amare for his inconsistent J.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 4,907

Post#210 » by sol537 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:22 am

A few things about Amare...

1. He started all this. Sure we paid him when no one else would, but he came here and he was awesome in that first year and got us back to the playoffs. He got the ball rolling and now we're reaping the rewards.

2. The man puts in work. He's in awesome shape. If anyone can come back stronger than before, it's Amare.

3. Imagine if we can add a 2010 Amare back to the team? Remember how great he was for us in that 1st season? Even if he's not as explosive, he can still be very good. The upside potential as a team is greater with Amare IMO. Him being out and coming back to join a "hot" team can be a huge blessing in disguise because he may then accept a smaller, more focused role. ie less scoring, and more of the other stuff.
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#211 » by makeitstop » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:27 am

Rasho Brezec wrote:We need to get a good old fashioned player comparison beef going. Let Sheed vs Camby be the new Gallo vs Wilson.

I thought we were already doing Everybody vs. Amare. :roll:
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#212 » by NYKat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:32 am

kane2021 wrote: All the dam **** time I put into this **** because almost 100 people complained. And now you going to bring this **** back? **** that.

dayum! posters be snitching like that on here?...

There's a handful I disagree with regular who I think bait or whatever, but I don't go that route, what part of the game is that?

...*wonders if anyone has have ever snitched me out*...
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,915

Post#213 » by NYKinMIA » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:37 am

One other note on STAT. I don't know about the rest of you, but that brief flavor we got from him in the preseason looked damn good to me. He looked strong, quick, and elevated well. I know it was a quick look, but it was very encouraging. Then he had to go and bump knees with the damn Cope. :evil: I CAN"T WAIT until 2013 is here! STAT and Shump back will be a huge shot in the arm no matter how you look at it, and I have faith that Woody can figure out all the other nonsense.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#214 » by StutterStep » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:45 am

sol537 wrote:A few things about Amare...

1. He started all this. Sure we paid him when no one else would, but he came here and he was awesome in that first year and got us back to the playoffs. He got the ball rolling and now we're reaping the rewards.

2. The man puts in work. He's in awesome shape. If anyone can come back stronger than before, it's Amare.

3. Imagine if we can add a 2010 Amare back to the team? Remember how great he was for us in that 1st season? Even if he's not as explosive, he can still be very good. The upside potential as a team is greater with Amare IMO. Him being out and coming back to join a "hot" team can be a huge blessing in disguise because he may then accept a smaller, more focused role. ie less scoring, and more of the other stuff.

Before we got Sheed/Camby/Kurt, we needed Amare for defense. Now we absolutely need him for his ability to score. With the second unit and/or when Melo is not hitting or off the floor, Amare needs to beast!
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#215 » by ATTL » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:20 am

StutterStep wrote:
sol537 wrote:A few things about Amare...

Before we got Sheed/Camby/Kurt, we needed Amare for defense. Now we absolutely need him for his ability to score. With the second unit and/or when Melo is not hitting or off the floor, Amare needs to beast!

He's going to have it much easier this year with 3 great passers feeding him off the pick and roll. Felton, Kidd, and Prigioni are all better pick and roll passers than what the Knicks had last year.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#216 » by cgmw » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:48 am

HakeemKnicks wrote:Image

Too good.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#217 » by cgmw » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:56 am

Just watched the replay. Great D. Offense struggles vs bigger defenders.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,637

Post#218 » by mpharris36 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:51 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:One other note on STAT. I don't know about the rest of you, but that brief flavor we got from him in the preseason looked damn good to me. He looked strong, quick, and elevated well. I know it was a quick look, but it was very encouraging. Then he had to go and bump knees with the damn Cope. :evil: I CAN"T WAIT until 2013 is here! STAT and Shump back will be a huge shot in the arm no matter how you look at it, and I have faith that Woody can figure out all the other nonsense.

I agree I think they are coming back at a great time right around Christmas to New Years...it is a perfect time to get a shot in the arm for an older team. 2 months into the year you don't know who will be banged up but have 2 fresh bodies could do wonders.

Shumpert i feel will ease back into a role since he already plays defense and has the ability to play 10-15 minutes one night and 20-25 another night. We haven't yet seen amare be able to sit on the bench and come off for shorter periods of time with energy and that is what he will have to do.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#219 » by TheBigBoss » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:50 pm

NYKat wrote:
kane2021 wrote: All the dam **** time I put into this **** because almost 100 people complained. And now you going to bring this **** back? **** that.

dayum! posters be snitching like that on here?...

There's a handful I disagree with regular who I think bait or whatever, but I don't go that route, what part of the game is that?

...*wonders if anyone has have ever snitched me out*...

Damn, thats krusty! I am almost considering making a stop snitching sig lol.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,876

Post#220 » by Jose7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:19 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:One other note on STAT. I don't know about the rest of you, but that brief flavor we got from him in the preseason looked damn good to me. He looked strong, quick, and elevated well. I know it was a quick look, but it was very encouraging. Then he had to go and bump knees with the damn Cope. :evil: I CAN"T WAIT until 2013 is here! STAT and Shump back will be a huge shot in the arm no matter how you look at it, and I have faith that Woody can figure out all the other nonsense.

Yep.. I remember he looked quick and explosive.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson

Return to New York Knicks