ImageImageImageImageImage

[Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#61 » by Mecca » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:30 am

College is rough as nails man, not sure why you guys love it so much.

I love college, but hate all of the class work. barely have anytime to do anything besides a Knicks game/workout during the week.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Post#62 » by ComboGuardCity » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 am

Mecca wrote:College is rough as nails man, not sure why you guys love it so much.

I love college, but hate all of the class work. barely have anytime to do anything besides a Knicks game/workout during the week.

That's actually a good sign. Most kids don't do anything school related their freshman year and it kills their GPA. Once you get the hang of it, you'll learn to study like a college student and you'll have more time...unless you're an engineering student.
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#63 » by CrazyKnicks » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Been enjoying the Knicks so far this year specially yesterday's game, cautiously optimistic but loving the team so far.
Then reading this board today makes me think I missed out on the championship trophy that was handed to us after winning last night.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#64 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:55 am

I want to go back to school...and I miss my girlfriend.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,592

Post#65 » by Stannis » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:06 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:I want to go back to school...and I miss my girlfriend.

Did you go to the Grizzlies game?
Free Palestine
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#66 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 am

Shpati21 wrote:

nah...it was in memphis lol. i live in ny.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#67 » by Stannis » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:27 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Shpati21 wrote:

Oh, I was just thinking maybe you left Vandy to watch the game in Memphis.
Free Palestine
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#68 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:28 am

Shpati21 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Shpati21 wrote:Did you go to the Grizzlies game?

Oh, I was just thinking maybe you left Vandy to watch the game in Memphis.

nah. i was gonna go to a game last year but that didn't happen...was thinking about going to this one too, but obviously that didn't happen either. i'm going to the okc one though in okc. 100% sure about that.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#69 » by NY2TheBay » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:53 am

Got back from asia a month ago. Lost most of what I built up in the gym, only did some cardio while I was out there.

Just getting back going again, its humbling when I hit the weights now. I forgot how tough it was to get back in the gym.

Im not using many supps now trying to build up with just protein and glutamine. Trying to get a good foundation and then move on to pre workout and creatine supps.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#70 » by Stannis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:44 am

Bored out of my mind on a Saturday night. I got this group project that I am working on, but I can hardly get anything done. I've been lurking RealGM and created a thread to bring me in some laughs, cleaned by place, organized my computer files and folders, everything but that schoolwork. The end of this semester cannot come soon enough. I just have this one class that I want to get over with. The group project has nine members.
Free Palestine
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#71 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:57 am

group project suck.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#72 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:11 am

so does thanksgiving break.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#73 » by Stannis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:13 am

NY2TheBay wrote:Got back from asia a month ago. Lost most of what I built up in the gym, only did some cardio while I was out there.

Just getting back going again, its humbling when I hit the weights now. I forgot how tough it was to get back in the gym.

Im not using many supps now trying to build up with just protein and glutamine. Trying to get a good foundation and then move on to pre workout and creatine supps.

What kind of stuff were you doing in Asia?
Free Palestine
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#74 » by NY2TheBay » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:24 am

Shpati21 wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:Got back from asia a month ago. Lost most of what I built up in the gym, only did some cardio while I was out there.

What kind of stuff were you doing in Asia?

I do sales and marketing for an alternative energy company in the bay area. It started off as a business trip then I extended my stay to travel around a bit. Did some sight seeing, practiced kung fu for a month and visited some buddhist temples. Interestingly enough I started my trip when Linsanity began february 4th. I saw first hand the response from the chinese community, it was quite amazing. They LOVE nba basketball. Then witnessed some rioting over the islands that the japanese and chinese are battling over. I was in shanghai, hong kong and then in a few cities in hunan province.

All in all an amazing trip. I now know why people say its important to travel. You definitely broaden yourself.
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#75 » by NY2TheBay » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:29 am

Shpati21 wrote:Bored out of my mind on a Saturday night. I got this group project that I am working on, but I can hardly get anything done. I've been lurking RealGM and created a thread to bring me in some laughs, cleaned by place, organized my computer files and folders, everything but that schoolwork. The end of this semester cannot come soon enough. I just have this one class that I want to get over with. The group project has nine members.

Dude, I hated group projects.

Actually I take that back. There were some group projects where I had a few hot girls in my group and made it worth my while.

Other than that I hated them. Always ended up relying on people that did half a** work and usually had to increase my workload due to the weak link.

But college is fun, make it last as long as possible.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#76 » by Mecca » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:51 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:
Mecca wrote:College is rough as nails man, not sure why you guys love it so much.

That's actually a good sign. Most kids don't do anything school related their freshman year and it kills their GPA. Once you get the hang of it, you'll learn to study like a college student and you'll have more time...unless you're an engineering student.

I go to Farleigh Dickinson, a really small school in Madison NJ, so the one on one help really benefits me, as I live in their tutoring classes, and develop relationships with the professors. I started out the first month awful, didn't study or care about class, and now I've had to bust my ass just to get my grades up to C's.

My time management is pretty bad, but it's starting to get a lot better. All in all, the work is hard, but you gotta really develop a mindset for school.

- BTW, a friend of mine told me my game is still ''High School." I've always been really confident about my game, post weight loss, and that this is the first time I got negative criticism. They told me I can't be a smart ass/dick in college, and I'm too much of a jokester. Is this true? Or are they wrong, because it REALLY irritated me, because that's just my personality, and I can't change who I am.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#77 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 am

just be yourself, don't be a frat ass, be nice (deadass, it means a lot), be funny if you can be (without forcing it), and don't be a f*cking pickup artist. i hate them...and girls do too.
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
And1: 37

Post#78 » by Bigmo5246 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:49 am

BUILDING A SCHEDULE IS HELL!!!!!
Stannis
RealGM

Post#79 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:31 am

I finally finished that group project, some of my teachers are holding non-important classes this week, and so I can skip and make my Thanksgiving Break longer. I got a good week ahead of me. :) Going to chillax and play some video games right now though. :lol:

NY2TheBay wrote: I do sales and marketing for an alternative energy company in the bay area. It started off as a business trip then I extended my stay to travel around a bit. Did some sight seeing, practiced kung fu for a month and visited some buddhist temples. Interestingly enough I started my trip when Linsanity began february 4th. I saw first hand the response from the chinese community, it was quite amazing. They LOVE nba basketball. Then witnessed some rioting over the islands that the japanese and chinese are battling over. I was in shanghai, hong kong and then in a few cities in hunan province.

All in all an amazing trip. I now know why people say its important to travel. You definitely broaden yourself.

That sounds interesting and quite an experience. I have gone to Canada for a few days (soccer game) and Albania for vacation, but that is about it. I usually go to Albania (family is there) once every two years, but I have not been for like 4 years, really miss it. I want to go to Germany and Japan after I graduate. I love traveling. I hope I can get some work that requires traveling around the world. The traveling I have done taught me a lot.

NY2TheBay wrote:Dude, I hated group projects.

Actually I take that back. There were some group projects where I had a few hot girls in my group and made it worth my while.

Other than that I hated them. Always ended up relying on people that did half a** work and usually had to increase my workload due to the weak link.

But college is fun, make it last as long as possible.

I just finished this group project. It had nine members, all men. I am an Information Systems major, and there are hardly any females in our classes. Having two females in one class is a big deal. It makes up 30%-40% of our final grade. Only 4 out of the 9 members showed up to the final meeting.

I am just glad to get it over with. The project was for my Project Management course. I was actually assigned as the Project Manager of our group so I was the leader. Luckily I have a really smart friend who is experienced in the field ,and we got to be in the same group, and he really boosted our project up.

Bigmo5246 wrote:BUILDING A SCHEDULE IS HELL!!!!!

I think you are a freshman, and I agree building a schedule sucks. Freshman are usually last to register. As a freshman I had to check the course database every 10 minutes to finally get this class section I really wanted to complete my perfect schedule. Hang in there and try to get it as perfect as possible.

I am having trouble building my schedule for next semester, and I am a junior/senior now. I need 3 hours of electives next semester. So I decided to take a class in Yoga and in Basketball in the morning. It should be fun, but the only downside is they are in the morning, and my other courses are at noon or in the evening. I got some time to kill between classes.
Free Palestine
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
And1: 37

Post#80 » by Bigmo5246 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Shapti, I am a freshman. I am the last to register, especially since I didn't come in with any credits.

I'm contemplating switching in from the Arts and Sciences program in my school to the Business School. Luckily, both schools have the same core requirements so I can get them done next semester. I'm essentially killing two birds with one stone by taking the classes I plan on taking next semester.

Return to New York Knicks