Durant Averaging Career Low FGAs

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Sinant
Head Coach
And1: 140

Re: Durant Averaging Career Low FGAs 

Post#21 » by Sinant » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:42 am

I'll say this, Durant taking his 3s from 5+ attempts a night to <3 is a good thing. He's always taken too many dumb threes
28reloaded
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#22 » by 28reloaded » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:46 am

Do people realize that durant is averaging the same amount of turnovers as last season? An that was with a terrible start, he's only averaging 2.7 turnovers per game over the last 6 games
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,947

Post#23 » by slick_watts » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:46 am

OKC in general is getting fewer FGA because:

- TOV% up
- ORB% down
- FT/FGA up

Durant's looked more like himself the last few games though.
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#24 » by NaturalThunder » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:53 am

28reloaded wrote:Do people realize that durant is averaging the same amount of turnovers as last season? An that was with a terrible start, he's only averaging 2.7 turnovers per game over the last 6 games

This. He had like three 6 turnover games and two 4 turnover games to start the season. Sine then, it's been 2 and 3 turnover games with solid assists numbers.

He's never going to be LeBron in the "plyamaker" role, but he's getting better at it, and is starting to make better decisions.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
B-easy
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#25 » by B-easy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:45 am

Man, it seems like people hate on Westbrook just for the hell of it.
TheGarden
Banned User
And1: 1,156

Post#26 » by TheGarden » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:17 am

This IsMy House wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:
Massamba wrote:KD made a choice. Have the Kobe Bryant approach to the game or LeBron's. He chose LeBron James.

This comment has so much fail in it,

I dont think so, from the past couple games I've seen from KD hes been playing a lot like LeBron with the penetration and kicking it out and moving the ball around. He has even said he wants to get his assists up this year.

you dont think so because you're a Heat fan

And I rather have the Kobe approach than the LeBron approach

5 rings>1 ring
misterrunon
Senior
And1: 63

Post#27 » by misterrunon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:15 pm

he's probably better off as a more athletic version of dirk.
Heat fan06
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#28 » by Heat fan06 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:56 pm

A lot of this is down to ibaka's improved offense.
Credit to MK
This IsMy House
General Manager
And1: 190

Post#29 » by This IsMy House » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:03 pm

TheGarden wrote:
you dont think so because you're a Heat fan

And I rather have the Kobe approach than the LeBron approach

5 rings>1 ring

Right because I'm a Heat fan means I notice Durant trying to get more people involved in the offense and help raise his assists numbers. I guess the fact that he actually is doing that is completely irrelevant. The Kobe approach/LeBron approach I truly dont think has anything to do with the amount of rings. Kobe had a pretty solid piece in a prime Shaq to get him 3 rings, and then a nice piece in Pau to get another 2. Ya LeBron has Wade/Bosh but its their 3rd year together. Only time will tell how many he can get
I Stand With The []_[]!
benjamink15
Pro Prospect
And1: 903

Post#30 » by benjamink15 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:13 pm

This is intelligent on the Thunder's part imo. He's learning to be a better playmaker. He can always revert to the offball player which comes naturally to him.

To be the MVP and a great late game option he's going to have to be good at making plays for himself and not just coming off screens. That **** was defended easily in last years playoffs. There were some games when Durant was denied the ball too easily. Putting the ball in his hands as a playmaker will make the Thunder more effective late in the game. He's the team's best option and making him learn to be a great playmaker will only do good things for this team.

Right now we're seeing the growing pains with the high turnovers but he will be better at it and the Thunder will be better for it. Westbrook will also be able to do something we havent seen much of, which is shoot open jumpers and slash. I have a feeling the Thunder will be a very different team later in the season than what we're seeing now.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#31 » by JordansBulls » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:32 pm

sir G Wallace wrote:I havent watched OKC games but why is this so? As good as he has been shooting this year he should shoot more. So why is he averaging only 16.6 shots a game? Is it due to a bad reason or good?

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/i ... vin-durant

This is because he is expanding his game in all facets. He is rebounding more, passing more and playing better defense.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan

Return to The General Board