ImageImageImageImageImage

David Lee

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Re: David Lee 

Post#21 » by DreDay » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:47 am

As a Warriors fan, I have zero interest in Stoudemire. He's an injury waiting to happen, on a toxic contract, worse than Lee on defense and can't even rebound. Lee is similar to Amare in offence, but Lee actually hits his jumper consistently (Amare sucked last year at that). So I would pass on this deal.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,177

Post#22 » by Kampuchea » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:08 am

youre the guy that makes terrible trade threads. Where is the last one, page 4?
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#23 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:18 am

this thread is terrible.
Normalyute
Sixth Man
And1: 234

Post#24 » by Normalyute » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:35 pm

David Lee? No
I want Z-bo back.
DRoberstonNYY
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#25 » by DRoberstonNYY » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:48 pm

knicksNOTslick wrote:
DRoberstonNYY wrote:
knicksNOTslick wrote:David Lee plays no D whatsoever. At least Amare will get you the occasional timely blocks. Neither are good at D so i'm going to pass.

As far as rebounding is concerned, David Lee's rebounds are fool's gold. He's a stat padder and does not box out.

The player that would fit in despite the poor D is Z-Bo, but we all know that's not happening.

We would have to find a young player who needs a change of scenery and develop him if we want a replacement for Amare.

nobody's defense is worse than amare. even dave the doorman

No. Try again. The only thing David Lee has over Amare is rebounding. On D, Amare can have a good defensive play or two in a game. Then he'll forget how to play D for most of the game. David Lee? None.

10+ rebounds a game > a block a game
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,882

Post#26 » by GONYK » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Rebounding isn't defense. It is rebounding.

Just because David Lee can collect a rebound after someone misses does not mead he can make them miss.
DRoberstonNYY
Banned User

Post#27 » by DRoberstonNYY » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:43 pm

are you serious? rebounding isnt defense? what kind of backwards logic is that? what do you have to do to complete a defensive stop? REBOUND the ball
Knick Swisher
Head Coach
And1: 334

Post#28 » by Knick Swisher » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:44 pm

makeitstop wrote:I don't get a lot of these trade scenarios to begin with.

This team has been together for 7 games, and they've won six of them.

What is this fascination with tinkering? Why not give these guys 20 games and see where they are at that point before dealing out guys?

This board assumes that Stat is not going to work out, but you're willing to take a flyer on guys like Lee and Harrington - whose faults we're all familiar with already.

What if we bring them in and they don't work with this team?

Didn't you know? EVERYONE knows Amare won't play defense or rebound based on his extensive play so far this year :roll:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,882

Post#29 » by GONYK » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:46 pm

DRoberstonNYY wrote:are you serious? rebounding isnt defense? what kind of backwards logic is that? what do you have to do to complete a defensive stop? REBOUND the ball

So is Kevin Love a great defender? Was Z-Bo a good defender in Portland? Was Melo the best defensive SF in the NBA when he led the position in rebounding?

Rebounding caps a defensive posession, but it doesn't make the rebounder a good defender. It just makes him a good rebounder.
DRoberstonNYY
Banned User

Post#30 » by DRoberstonNYY » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:19 pm

GONYK wrote:
DRoberstonNYY wrote:are you serious? rebounding isnt defense? what kind of backwards logic is that? what do you have to do to complete a defensive stop? REBOUND the ball

So is Kevin Love a great defender? Was Z-Bo a good defender in Portland? Was Melo the best defensive SF in the NBA when he led the position in rebounding?

Rebounding caps a defensive posession, but it doesn't make the rebounder a good defender. It just makes him a good rebounder.

who said david lee was a good defender? where did i say that

what i said is i'll take the 10+ rebounds over the 1 block shot amare gets a game.. neither are defensive stalwharts
sebstar
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#31 » by sebstar » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:04 pm

Give me a break w/ this David Lee nonsense. Unnecessary.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,837

Post#32 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:32 am

I'll take Lee and Jefferson for Amare if we also get $ for having to waive Jefferson.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#33 » by makeitstop » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:47 am

Knick Swisher wrote:
makeitstop wrote:I don't get a lot of these trade scenarios to begin with.

This team has been together for 7 games, and they've won six of them.

What is this fascination with tinkering? Why not give these guys 20 games and see where they are at that point before dealing out guys?

This board assumes that Stat is not going to work out, but you're willing to take a flyer on guys like Lee and Harrington - whose faults we're all familiar with already.

What if we bring them in and they don't work with this team?

Didn't you know? EVERYONE knows Amare won't play defense or rebound based on his extensive play so far this year :roll:

Maybe it's because everybody that hates every other player on this team has left, but Amare is apparently the focus of all the hate on this board now. People are dogging the guy 24/7 and he hasn't played at all this season.

I'm happy that the Knicks are off to a great start and all the armchair coaches have been silenced. The only thing that would make this season better for me would be for Stat to come back and make a big contribution to this team. That would force some changes on this board that I would love to see.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
DRoberstonNYY
Banned User

Post#34 » by DRoberstonNYY » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:56 pm

no, there's about 10 years worth of evidence that amare won't play defense

also, when the team played good defense last year, he was once again a sieve

there is no vendetta against amare

he's just a baaad player. period
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 4,996

Post#35 » by R-DAWG » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Why waive Jefferson when his large expiring can be used as a trade chip next year. Maybe people don't love Afflalo/Harrington combo, but that's not really the point.

The question is "would you trade Amare Stoudemire for David Lee AND another piece or 2 that could help the team" I think Afflalo is a very good fit as a SG who can space the floor and play defense. Harrington is a throw in but could help the team as a role player. Sure, were bringing back a few pieces from the rebuilding years BUT we are teaming them with Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, Ray Felton, Jason Kidd, JR Smith, and SHEEEEEEEEEEDDDDD. Also, they will be playing for Mr. Woodson not Mike No D.

Would ORL do the deal, not sure. You may say Afflalo was the "centerpiece" of the dwight trade, but in reality, it was acquiring picks, a large TPE, and being bad enough to get a top 5 pick. Afflalo was an upgrade over J-Rich and taking him allowed them to dump JRich AND Duhon. NY would likely have to add an asset to the deal (NOT SHUMPERT) but it may be worth it.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#36 » by DowNY » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 pm

10 yrs of basketball to prove Amar'e won't play defense or at least put effort to buy into the team's concept?
Eh....seems like I need to get my palm read by some of you?
Did y'all guess that Melo would adjust his game to be a complete player before the season started? & did y'all guess JR would be much more mature this season too?
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 4,996

Post#37 » by R-DAWG » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:40 pm

^^ Melo and JR are elite athletes in the prime of their careers. Amare is breaking down physically and losing athleticism/explosiveness. Doesn't mean he can't adapt his game, but he's at a different stage of his career then Melo and JR are.

Amare's defense wont be the issue. He is playing with better defensive guards, and 2 front court players that can defend, you can hide him. He needs to rebound the ball better than he has in the past and show he can score in ways that don't rely on athleticism. Sure, you will run a few pick and rolls for him, but for this to work he needs to be consistent with his jump shot and then go into the post and get some easy hoops and get to the foul line.

Amare is what he is when healthy, a high volume and efficient scorer. I'm not concerned about his defense, or him fitting in for that matter. I am concerned about his health.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,170

Post#38 » by aggo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:36 am

David Lee would be a perfect fit for this team. You people are insane.

His skillset is perfect next to Melo and our shooters.
LINIZALLSTAR
Starter
And1: 10

Post#39 » by LINIZALLSTAR » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:37 am

17/19 today, crazy
BernardKing
Junior
And1: 64

Post#40 » by BernardKing » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:50 am

GONYK wrote:Rebounding isn't defense. It is rebounding.

:lol:
Defensive rebounding is part of overall team defense. A defensive stop is typically completed with a defensive rebound.
"I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity." - Julius Erving

Return to New York Knicks