ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Game Analysis Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: Post Game Analysis Thread 

Post#21 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:35 am

I actually like the way Remi has been doing that.

Team analysis, individual player, statistical summary, and other notes which may or may not be opinion based.

The keys are useful more to persons who didn't watch the game, and secondly to get other perspective.

Any other volunteers for the hat?
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,432

Post#22 » by j4remi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:36 am

[GR] wrote:Why can't this just go into the regular post game threads?

If you read the OP we're looking for a volunteer to do the post game threads with analysis. This isn't a second post game thread, it's a request for someone who can post timely breakdowns after the games.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:37 am

[GR] wrote:Why can't this just go into the regular post game threads?

This thread is for persons who want to be the permanent person to do the post game threads.

knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant
And1: 23

Post#24 » by knicksosmoove » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:37 am

j4remi wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:j4remis analysis are too long...

I try to organize it so you can read about the players you care about and skip things that aren't important to you. The game notes are really the only piece that's necessary to get an idea of how the team played as a whole.

I don't want to seem critical here--I think the quality of your observations is very good and worth the read to those who have the time for it--I just don't know if the way you're doing it is ever going to spark discussion which seemed to be the point of the keys to the game.

He Who Shall Not Be Named was very good at making a quick, concise observation that could lead to a discussion. he also didn't always view things with rose colored glasses, which I think made his notes more interesting.

something like:

Tyson--I think his greatest impact on this game was his defense on Roy Hibbert--took him out of the game and that opened things up for us to get a lead. sometimes I think Tyson leaves his feet too much which leads to him getting a lot of fouls.

will probably generate more discussion than:

Tyson--Tyson had a good game. He did a really good job of defending Roy Hibbert all night. 3-7 shooting for 7 shots isn't too great, but he had some nice finishes from Felton so I think his offense was okay. 9 rebounds is pretty good, and 5 offensive rebounds is excellent. he had one block shot which is pretty good. he did a good job in the first half finishing alley oops but then didn't do too much in the second half. he also had some steals which was nice to see.

I just think that the first one would give people something to focus on ... I understand wanting to recap what happened in as much detail as possible, but most of the people who read this stuff are die-hards anyway: we all know how Tyson, Carmelo, Felton, etc. play on most nights ... just a quick observation or two will usually suffice ...
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:57 am

Remi's Tyson assessment combined both of what you desired and others.

Ironic ain't it?

But the overall gist of this is missed.....

The guys who are requesting are primarily folks who didn't watch the game.

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2

DRoberstonNYY
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#26 » by DRoberstonNYY » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:59 pm

i hope we get somebody half as good as TKF to be honest.. the post game threads were my favorite part of this forum.. just a ton of quality discussion.. hell, i wish TKF would come back, but that's another story for another day

and scrub of the night.. how could this be forgotten?
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#27 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:25 pm

There is no post game analysis necessary. Knicks won a game they should win. Onto the next...
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#28 » by j4remi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:39 pm

knicksosmoove wrote:
j4remi wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:j4remis analysis are too long...

I try to organize it so you can read about the players you care about and skip things that aren't important to you. The game notes are really the only piece that's necessary to get an idea of how the team played as a whole.

I don't want to seem critical here--I think the quality of your observations is very good and worth the read to those who have the time for it--I just don't know if the way you're doing it is ever going to spark discussion which seemed to be the point of the keys to the game.

He Who Shall Not Be Named was very good at making a quick, concise observation that could lead to a discussion. he also didn't always view things with rose colored glasses, which I think made his notes more interesting.

something like:

Tyson--I think his greatest impact on this game was his defense on Roy Hibbert--took him out of the game and that opened things up for us to get a lead. sometimes I think Tyson leaves his feet too much which leads to him getting a lot of fouls.

Tyson--Tyson had a good game. He did a really good job of defending Roy Hibbert all night. 3-7 shooting for 7 shots isn't too great, but he had some nice finishes from Felton so I think his offense was okay. 9 rebounds is pretty good, and 5 offensive rebounds is excellent. he had one block shot which is pretty good. he did a good job in the first half finishing alley oops but then didn't do too much in the second half. he also had some steals which was nice to see.

I just think that the first one would give people something to focus on ... I understand wanting to recap what happened in as much detail as possible, but most of the people who read this stuff are die-hards anyway: we all know how Tyson, Carmelo, Felton, etc. play on most nights ... just a quick observation or two will usually suffice ...

I have no problem with constructive criticism man, feel free to give your thoughts... I'm more experimenting with structure on this...I'm not looking to spark a discussion with generalities. The concise, simplified breakdown is usually the first sentence or two before I go into deeper analysis. I'm trying to kill the box score based discussions by providing statistics in context and recreating images from the game. So while it might not spark big time discussion...anyone just working from the box score and having questions can pick out any individual player and hit up my post for an explanation that typically touches on the overall performance of that guy. I'm not really gunning for a keys to the thread feel...My goals are different.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#29 » by moocow007 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 pm

I'll do one now and then but most important thing to keep in mind is to keep it clean (i.e. what's gone is gone no reason bringing up any former Knicks in comparison...if you know what I mean).
knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by knicksosmoove » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:10 pm

j4remi wrote:
knicksosmoove wrote:
j4remi wrote:I try to organize it so you can read about the players you care about and skip things that aren't important to you. The game notes are really the only piece that's necessary to get an idea of how the team played as a whole.

something like:

I have no problem with constructive criticism man, feel free to give your thoughts... I'm more experimenting with structure on this...I'm not looking to spark a discussion with generalities. The concise, simplified breakdown is usually the first sentence or two before I go into deeper analysis. I'm trying to kill the box score based discussions by providing statistics in context and recreating images from the game. So while it might not spark big time discussion...anyone just working from the box score and having questions can pick out any individual player and hit up my post for an explanation that typically touches on the overall performance of that guy. I'm not really gunning for a keys to the thread feel...My goals are different.

yeah, I definitely think you should give your breakdowns at some point in the thread, but if that's how you want to do it then maybe someone else should be the guy who starts the thread. not trying to be harsh here, but the fact of the matter is that your breakdowns don't spark discussion. again, not saying your analysis is bad. I'm saying it's not effective at getting responses from people.

it's a hard job. I know I wouldn't be capable of doing it, and to be honest I'm having a hard time thinking of a regular poster who would be able to even come close to matching the quality of the old post-game threads ...
knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by knicksosmoove » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:17 pm

DRoberstonNYY wrote:i hope we get somebody half as good as TKF to be honest.. the post game threads were my favorite part of this forum.. just a ton of quality discussion.. hell, i wish TKF would come back, but that's another story for another day

I know I shouldn't keep harping on it but this board did itself a huge disservice by driving out a lot of posters who had interesting things to say

TKF's analysis was as good or better than those of a lot of people who get paid to do this stuff, and the morons on this board drove him away. how is it good for the quality of the board to drive guys like TKF and dk7th away while letting lowlifes with no point of view who hang around making potshots at people all the time stick around for infinity? it's stupidity and/or madness, to me ....
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#32 » by j4remi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:28 pm

knicksosmoove wrote:yeah, I definitely think you should give your breakdowns at some point in the thread, but if that's how you want to do it then maybe someone else should be the guy who starts the thread. not trying to be harsh here, but the fact of the matter is that your breakdowns don't spark discussion. again, not saying your analysis is bad. I'm saying it's not effective at getting responses from people.

it's a hard job. I know I wouldn't be capable of doing it, and to be honest I'm having a hard time thinking of a regular poster who would be able to even come close to matching the quality of the old post-game threads ...

And that is why I've literally never volunteered to start the thread. I throw my analysis into the recent OP's because there's nothing consistent going up, but I'm waiting for Paco to come back and handle it. His post game threads were pretty damned good.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by knicksosmoove » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:53 pm

j4remi wrote:
knicksosmoove wrote:yeah, I definitely think you should give your breakdowns at some point in the thread, but if that's how you want to do it then maybe someone else should be the guy who starts the thread. not trying to be harsh here, but the fact of the matter is that your breakdowns don't spark discussion. again, not saying your analysis is bad. I'm saying it's not effective at getting responses from people.

And that is why I've literally never volunteered to start the thread. I throw my analysis into the recent OP's because there's nothing consistent going up, but I'm waiting for Paco to come back and handle it. His post game threads were pretty damned good.

yeah, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm picking on your write-ups. I don't mean to be a jerk. you're right, you never said you were trying to take over that job.

maybe it's something that has to happen organically ...
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#34 » by NYKat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:06 pm

knicksosmoove wrote:
DRoberstonNYY wrote:i hope we get somebody half as good as TKF to be honest.. the post game threads were my favorite part of this forum.. just a ton of quality discussion.. hell, i wish TKF would come back, but that's another story for another day

I know I shouldn't keep harping on it but this board did itself a huge disservice by driving out a lot of posters who had interesting things to say

TKF's analysis was as good or better than those of a lot of people who get paid to do this stuff, and the morons on this board drove him away. how is it good for the quality of the board to drive guys like TKF and dk7th away while letting lowlifes with no point of view who hang around making potshots at people all the time stick around for infinity? it's stupidity and/or madness, to me ....

I don't think he's banned from here, is he? Since you choose to harp on him so much, you might consider following him to whatever board he's currently posting on.
knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by knicksosmoove » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 pm

NYKat wrote:
knicksosmoove wrote:

I don't think he's banned from here, is he? Since you choose to harp on him so much, you might consider following him to whatever board he's currently posting on.

yeah and this is exactly the sort of crap that should be clamped down on around here ... why don't you go back to the peanut gallery?

guess what, when that guy posted, you could tell on the other side of the computer screen was a guy with a brain and perspective. what do you bring? nothing of quality. only thing you seem to have in your arsenal is pot shots.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#36 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:18 pm

j4remi wrote:

don't make me blust. :shy: lol thanks remi. i'll do one for the next game for sure. i should be able to do more over the next few weeks (at least until finals start/i go away for vacation). i honestly think yours are better than mine haha.
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#37 » by NYKat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:20 pm

knicksosmoove wrote:
NYKat wrote:
knicksosmoove wrote:

yeah and this is exactly the sort of crap that should be clamped down on around here ... why don't you go back to the peanut gallery?

guess what, when that guy posted, you could tell on the other side of the computer screen was a guy with a brain and perspective. what do you bring? nothing of quality. only thing you seem to have in your arsenal is pot shots.

Just saying...

I'd personally like the guy to come back too, he always kept it interesting around here, but he should own up to the commentary he espoused in the off season that you seem to like so much, no?
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:24 pm

You dudes will argue over anything.

The request is for someone to commit as much as they can to making the post game thread with analysis.

The analysis is for posters who DID NOT WATCH THE GAME.

It isn't to spear debates and create rifts, division or biased opinion, just actual facts of the game and not some....this bozo this, this clown that.

Just an easy way for your fellow posters to be able to direct their traffic to their board to get an analysts of the game.

Criticizing someone for actually stepping up for something you and I won't do ourselves is straight up childish.

Either you're volunteering to help you fellow posters or you're not.

Its really just that simple.

knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by knicksosmoove » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:30 pm

NYKat wrote:
knicksosmoove wrote:
NYKat wrote:

Just saying...

I'd personally like the guy to come back too, he always kept it interesting around here, but he should own up to the commentary he espoused in the off season that you seem to like so much, no?

why would he come back so you can all make him eat crow and demand a mea culpa? guess what? he hasn't been proved wrong yet. knicks have had a great opening to their season, but a WIN NOW team has to WIN, big time!!! regular season wins ain't enough!!! take a gander at Dallas. they were a 50+, sometimes 55+ (sometimes 65+ :o ) win team for a solid decade. and that's how long it took them to finally get it done!!! this team could likely sink back below 50 wins in 3 years. in my opinion, a championship would fully justify all the moves this franchise has made since deciding to usurp donnie walsh. maybe a finals appearance would too. but if they're a 55 win team that never really stood a chance to win the whole thing, does that validate dolan?

it's great that the knicks are winning now. qualitatively, they've exceeded my expectations. but what they're doing now won't mean a damn thing if they get knocked out of the playoffs in the second round!!! I'm not trying to downplay them, they've been good, but let's just wait and see before declaring that the doubters were completely wrong.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Final warning.

I don't care who it is, either you're volunteering or you're not.

This thread is not for sideline agenda.

Return to New York Knicks