ImageImageImageImageImage

Where is Camby??

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Re: Where is Camby?? 

Post#41 » by Leaguepass » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:02 pm

Yeah IMO a healthy Camby should definitely play. No ifs or buts. Chandler is only playing 28minutes per game so there should be plenty of time for Camby as a backup Center. I don't get it.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 125,998

Post#42 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:05 pm

KnicksScholar24 wrote:I don't know if I trust Woodson. He has a man crush on JR and Sheed, so he's going to play them way too much, and therefore Brewer, Camby, & Thomas will be under utilized.

is it a man crush or is it that those guys are so much better offensively ? i don't think it's a coincidence.
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#43 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Camby's quote just made a bunch of pompous posters in this thread feel foolish. Just as I suspected he is healthy and ready to go...Woody just chose to sit him and go small against one of the NBA's biggest frontlines for no apparent reason. I'm not feeling sitting a healthy Camby at all. He absolutely should be in our rotation...PERIOD. especially with Stoudemire out and against a big front line.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#44 » by fdr2012 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:22 pm

KnicksScholar24 wrote:I don't know if I trust Woodson. He has a man crush on JR and Sheed, so he's going to play them way too much, and therefore Brewer, Camby, & Thomas will be under utilized.

I think Woodson's record speaks for itself (including last season).

Still, I think all of us agree that when your team gets abused on the board as badly as the Knicks were in Memphis, holding your best rebounder out is somewhat puzzling. Woodson obviously loves Melo at the 4, and it's working, but you need to stay flexible and react when it doesn't.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#45 » by Marty McFly » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:33 pm

camby is a hundred and three years old. I've got no problem with him not playing much right now. we need him come playoff time.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#46 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Camby is getting there He looked better today. Definitely helped us on the boards.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#47 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:08 am

there he is. bang.
Signature NYK
Sixth Man
And1: 551

Post#48 » by Signature NYK » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Camby plays meaningful minutes and we win the rebounding battle Awesome.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#49 » by Sprewell4Three » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Camby should be the 1st big off the bench
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,432

Post#50 » by j4remi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:05 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Camby is getting there He looked better today. Definitely helped us on the boards.

I read in the paper this morning some Woody quotes that I'm not sure if they happened before or after the game yesterday...but the general idea was that Camby hasn't gotten serious practice because he returned during a busy point in the schedule...so he has been doing conditioning on the side but hasn't had a chance to show his conditioning is fully there yet. I think that's why he's seen such limited action.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#51 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Hopefully we'll see more Camby/Tyson, Sheed, and Melo. If Woody's plan is to eventually put Amare back into the starting lineup Melo should play SF 15-20 a game. Camby is supposed to allow Tyson to rest and if Woody won't play Camby in a useful amount of minutes then Tyson will continue to be a fatigued mess.
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,306

Post#52 » by cgmw » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:18 pm

I hate to say it, but honestly seeing Camby on TV yesterday reminded me of another former Knick after a prolonged absence. I hope his game rounds into better shape than his face.

"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,548

Post#53 » by Fat Kat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Mike Woodson said that Marcus Camby's conditioning has been a factor in his lack of playing time.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,548

Post#54 » by Fat Kat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:23 pm

cgmw wrote:I hate to say it, but honestly seeing Camby on TV yesterday reminded me of another former Knick after a prolonged absence. I hope his game rounds into better shape than his face.

:lol: Stevie has some serious problems. Dude doesn't look well.

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
cgmw
RealGM

Post#55 » by cgmw » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:47 pm

I'm not real worried about Franchise. I am a little concerned about how old Camby looks especially considering how long it's taking him to get back into shape. Why was he ever out of shape to begin with? Did he have an injury this offseason that prevented him from working out?
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#56 » by j4remi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:59 pm

cgmw wrote:I'm not real worried about Franchise. I am a little concerned about how old Camby looks especially considering how long it's taking him to get back into shape. Why was he ever out of shape to begin with? Did he have an injury this offseason that prevented him from working out?

The calf injury cut him from the physical contact stuff that's key to getting into game shape. He missed basically the entire preseason and the first week and half to two weeks of the season.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#57 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Against bigger teams the Knicks have to play big also. The Heat can get away with that cause their guards are that much better than the opposing teams guards. Knicks need to go big against teams like Memphis.
cgmw
RealGM

Post#58 » by cgmw » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 pm

j4remi wrote:
cgmw wrote:I'm not real worried about Franchise. I am a little concerned about how old Camby looks especially considering how long it's taking him to get back into shape. Why was he ever out of shape to begin with? Did he have an injury this offseason that prevented him from working out?

The calf injury cut him from the physical contact stuff that's key to getting into game shape. He missed basically the entire preseason and the first week and half to two weeks of the season.

Camby was cleared for running 4 weeks ago. I'm no doctor and I have no clue what's happening with his calf, but to still have conditioning issues almost a month later suggests maybe he wasn't in the best shape of his life to begin with.

I know a lot of people the same age as Camby. His face looks particularly beat up. Just saying. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in his making a full comeback.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 125,998

Post#59 » by god shammgod » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm

cgmw wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Camby was cleared for running 4 weeks ago. I'm no doctor and I have no clue what's happening with his calf, but to still have conditioning issues almost a month later suggests maybe he wasn't in the best shape of his life to begin with.

I know a lot of people the same age as Camby. His face looks particularly beat up. Just saying. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in his making a full comeback.

a full comeback to what ? what he was last year ? he's not in his prime anymore you realize.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#60 » by j4remi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:17 pm

cgmw wrote:
j4remi wrote:

There are two different types of conditioning...There's running and cardio style and then there's game conditioning...which is combining physical exertion with the cardio. In this 4 week span, the knicks schedule hasn't allowed for much game time conditioning because the Knicks have had a busy schedule (Woodson himself said so).
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Return to New York Knicks