ImageImage

WTF is going on with Ilyasova?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Re: WTF is going on with Ilyasova? 

Post#41 » by El Duderino » Fri Nov 9, 2012 9:27 pm

I think it's more simple, Ersan is just bricking shots so far. With a tiny three game sample, hard for me to get concerned yet.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,744

Post#42 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 9, 2012 9:29 pm

I also don't think it's as simple as less numbers. He just doesn't look like he has a natural role with the two ball dominant guards.

I'm not really worried. One it's a small sample size. Two it's not like Ellis is long for this team.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#43 » by Wise1 » Fri Nov 9, 2012 11:02 pm

But Ersan isn't a ball dominant player. Also, Jennings is dishing the ball like never before. It's Ersan. He needs to hit some shots and hustle for his opportunities as he always has.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,744

Post#44 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 9, 2012 11:34 pm

Wise1 wrote:But Ersan isn't a ball dominant player. Also, Jennings is dishing the ball like never before. It's Ersan. He needs to hit some shots and hustle for his opportunities as he always has.

His usage is down 20% and easily at his career low.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,293

Post#45 » by sunskerr » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:20 pm

According to some websites Ersan was benched after dropping 11 in the first quarter. Is that so? If it's true, then

What

the

hell
-Kees-
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Post#46 » by -Kees- » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:35 pm

I actually somewhat predicted this...Ersan really didn't produce all that well until last year, which happened to be his contract year. Now he gets the big deal, and, along with other factors, isn't playing quite as hard. Of course it may not be a conscious decision, but when you are guaranteed 40M its a bit different than only making a few mil in your last year. I think we should start Larry next to him and see what happens, tinker the lineup a bit to see if something changes.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#47 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:43 pm

I don't think we are going to get the Ersan we got at the end of last year. Those three point percentages were unsustainable. Plus he got paid now.

That said, I'm not at all worried. He will work into things and more favorable matchups will help also.

At the moment that Larry and Epke tandem is doing a great job at certain points. I'd like to see Skiles let that chemistry continue to develop and see where it goes. We can always plug Ersan back into the mix as needed.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#48 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:18 pm

I just want to see Jennings/Lamb/Harris/Henson/Sanders on the court together, everyone else can go. I don't really like how Ersan fits this team, anyway. I'd assume we can get something if we choose to move Illy. Hopefully we can get positive value for Ellis and MD3, Gooden will most likely half to rot on our bench for the rest of that terrible contract.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#49 » by SpursNBucks » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 pm

This is the first game Ersan has shot 50% or better going 5/10.

I think the problem with Ersan is two fold - first of all this is a new role for him this year- being the starter and with the contract expectations come quite a bit of additional pressure. The second thing is with this year's team he is not the focal point of the offense he was last year.

The best thing for the Bucks may be to have Ersan come off the bench and provide fire power along with Dunleavy. I would go with Udoh as the starter because you don't really need big offense from the PF with the starting five- not that Ersan is giving you that. The upgrade on defense from Udoh would be significant, and I think he would have better chemistry with that group.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#50 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:57 pm

I would without question keep Ilyasova starting. He draws the opposing PF out of the lane. And he will improve significantly from where he is right now.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#51 » by SpursNBucks » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 pm

He does pull out the opposing PF(or who is covering him) more then Udoh that is for sure, but I don't know if that is as much of an advantage as what Udoh would give you. There's only one way he can go and that is playing better- you can't do much worse. I have faith, but I still would think about having him coming off the bench.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#52 » by ampd » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:00 am

I would keep staring Ersan. And if he got injured or something I would look really hard at starting Henson.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#53 » by aboveAverage » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:53 am

Ersan will recover. For him it's all a matter of confidence, and if Skiles keeps starting him through the down spell, Ersan will see that he doesn't have to worry about his minutes being cut if he struggles a bit. I predict if Ersan has one good game, he'll ride that streak for multiple games. He's streaky in terms of confidence.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#54 » by Nebula1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Ersan should remain the starter and should work himself out of the slump.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#55 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:55 pm

hell no...for the money you paid him you have to get more then 13pts a game!

You need more like 18pts to 20 pts a game and near 8.9 rebound a game for the money he is making and the time he should be earning...or you wasted your money.

Especially on a team like the Bucks! You all lower expectations for certain players and you elevate them for others which is bullsh^t! Then you ask for the moon for Jennings and Ellis. That is hogwash!

You lower it for Bogut and Ersan and then you cry and whine about paying others guys who are better players. Heck no...The money he is paid 5yrs/40 million he should be putting up All Star type numbers every night if not every other and make additions to his game!

They you have the audacity to not pay Jennings!? Talking about, "we need to see more from him first..." What!? No you don't. You should have seen enough.

Ersan on this team playing with two PG's who are elite level passers should average 17pts on a bad year!! This 13pts on a team like the Bucks is bullcrap!

Skiles doesnt play him because he don't deserve to be played! he should have gone back to Europe. And the Bucks should not have paid him and should have traded him to the Nets at the deadline if they had any vision and gotten that lottery they gave Portland for Wallace.

We could probaly have Drummond and Lamb on our roster now!
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#56 » by Steve210 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Ersan will be fine, he just needs to relax and not put too much pressure on himself to live up to the contract. I thought he played much better on Sat. night then he has been. I'd keep him starting, and try and work some plays for him so he gets some easy buckets close to the hoop to get his confidence back up.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#57 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Nebula1 wrote:Ersan should remain the starter and should work himself out of the slump.

Have the patience you have for Ersan for other players then...he is not special. What makes him so special? He is not a special. get his stuff in gear like everybody else.

He is not as good as Luol Deng but he should be putting up Deng like numbers every night. You all come in with your number crunching when you want to rip a player, well use it toward him. He did not elevate his game at all.

NBA is N o B abies A llowed. I am not a bias fan in any way shape or form and do not go for when other fans are. I go straight down the line and straight by the book. You get paid...YOU PLAY BETTER!

Especially in a year where the GM and Coach need you to. Last year was Ersan's contract year and as the late Donna Summer sang, 'he played hard for the money.' Ok fine.

But this year it is Jennings, Ellis, Hammond and Skiles turn. So no excuses...and no lower the bar for him. You get your butt in gear and get your game together and you fans stop babying him! I expect nothing less then 15-19ppg from him on this team as it is constructed with his open looks and cuts to the basket on feeds from two PG's and a backup getting him the ball every night.

Every night Ersan should have 12-15 shots...with 0-5 minutes if he is playing well and Skiles doesnt have to yank him. And many of them open shots. There is no excuses if he is 8-9 mil dollars good. Come on now.

I have zero tolerance or sympathy for Ersan when I see who is around him feedng him. He has arguably the best set up in the entire NBA...right now bar none. Monta on one side Jennings on the other...get outta here! That is a setup if there every is one.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks