ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLVIII"Preseason"Ed.)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLVIII"Preseason"Ed.) 

Post#981 » by MagicTownBaller » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:15 am

arsenal6106 wrote:ChosenSavior is suspended?

Wow, just wow. I really liked him. I can't wait until he comes back.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#982 » by magicman123 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 am

InFlames wrote:

I think he was posting some gifs over on the general board in the Bynum thread. Some butthurt over there.

I counted 7 people suspended because they posted a bynum GIF, that is straight ridiculous, that MOD should have his rights taken away..(assuming that was the reason)
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#983 » by InFlames » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:33 am

magicman123 wrote:
InFlames wrote:

I think he was posting some gifs over on the general board in the Bynum thread. Some butthurt over there.

I counted 7 people suspended because they posted a bynum GIF, that is straight ridiculous, that MOD should be suspended and have his rights taken away..(assuming that was the reason, awful for a MOD to do that)

Yea someone got suspended just for creating the first thread about it yesterday.
mattyBoi
Lead Assistant
And1: 860

Post#984 » by mattyBoi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:35 am

magicman123 wrote:
glove1989 wrote:
Haha. You contradicted yourself several times. First one of those top 5 picks is ours so we will still have that. And you state your dislike of harkless because he hasnt shown anything but the alternative that is better is a player who hasn't even played in college yet? The truth behind which trade is better will be shown years from now when we use all our picks and see how torontos pick ends up at.

plus Lamb has shown absolutely nothing, but lets overlook that, only bash harkless instead

hes also adding and subtracting players to his trade

In addition, Orlando obtained five future draft choices in the trade: Denver's second-round choice in 2013; either Denver's or the New York Knicks' first-round pick in 2014; a protected first-round choice from Philly and a protected second-round choice from L.A. in 2015; and a protected first-round pick from the Lakers in 2017.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/20 ... ets-sixers

Now I assume you are talking about Muhammed as the player who hasn't played in college yet, are really thinking there is ANY doubt that he will be better than Harkless?

Lamb has shown a lot more than Harkless, be real. He plays on the damn Thunder so he doesn't get PT but again if anyone is doubting than Lamb is better, be real.

As far as the trade, Martin was always assumed part of the trade. He was the filler that would actually make the deal possible.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#985 » by Bensational » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:38 am

looks like Jazz interested in trading Alec Burks...

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/46 ... arket.html

this is the kind of talent i'd swoop in and grab. lottery pick from last year, with potential to be Afflalo good, at the very least.

not sure what we could offer. their frontcourt is set, and they don't need expirings or cap relief... they could use a better SG and PG though....

I think we could possibly pull an Afflalo for Burks + GSW pick.
backasswards
Veteran
And1: 72

Post#986 » by backasswards » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:14 am

Bensational wrote:looks like Jazz interested in trading Alec Burks...

this is the kind of talent i'd swoop in and grab. lottery pick from last year, with potential to be Afflalo good, at the very least.

not sure what we could offer. their frontcourt is set, and they don't need expirings or cap relief... they could use a better SG and PG though....

Why would they do that since you already said he's at least going to be as good as Afflalo? And they give up a pick? Doesn't make sense on their part.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#987 » by Bensational » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 am

backasswards wrote:
Bensational wrote:looks like Jazz interested in trading Alec Burks...

Why would they do that since you already said he's at least going to be as good as Afflalo? And they give up a pick? Doesn't make sense on their part.

Because he's not as good as Afflalo yet, and they seem to be wanting to win now. Their roster would immediately become more rounded with Afflalo in there instead of Foye or Bell. They aren't giving Burka minutes, so they clearly
don't value him as a contributor at the moment.

They might give up the pick because they're keen for an immediate improvement, and for an affordable long term option. I can't think of many other SGs that they will want. We might have to include a sweetener, like Ayon, to get it done?
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#988 » by MagicFan32 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:53 am

mattyBoi wrote:
The Effect wrote:
mattyBoi wrote:Just a reminder of where the Houston trade would put us so far. Our top 3 pick, Toronto top 5 pick, Jeremy Lamb, and Dallas 14th pick. Just saying.

Afflalo, Harkless, Vuc, mcroberts, harrington (which will likely be traded later) and 5 draft picks>>>>>>That offer unless we would of ended up with 2 top 5 picks and could get both Noel and Shabaaz

lol what? Afflalo, an ancient Harrington, mcroberts, and 5 worthless late round picks are useless to us. Vuc is a decent role player and Harkless hasn't shown anything.

Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and two top 5 picks is far better and thats if they weren't offering even more.

Yeah Andrew Nicholson is really worthless, we shoulda gave away our first this year huh? it's all about increasing assets, and your assertion that Harkless hasn't shown anything is laughable at best, funny how you're in love with Jeremy Lamb, yet bash Harkless who has done more than him :lol:
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#989 » by CourtsideTV » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:46 am

lol i posted the bynum gif of him polish a bowling ball but was saying how i felt bad for them..that gif is hilarious.
Work Hard
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#990 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:26 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:Except he cant make them once the game starts, just like his free throws.

Yep. No confidence once the game starts. It's really all mental with him.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
AhaAha
Junior
And1: 15

Post#991 » by AhaAha » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:56 pm

i really really wanted that Toronto pick top 3 protected next draft. I would trade all of our 5 wonderfull draft picks for it. Picking two times in the lottery would have been huge for our rebuild.
The picks we got:
2014 least favorable between Denver and New York.
2015 Philaelphia top 14 protected
2017 top 5 protected (they trade Bynum for Howard and put a freakn protection on the pick..that's ridiculous)
and two crappy second round picks

I really hope Harkless develops into something great cause I'm not so high on our other prospects.
Nicholson has some special offensive game but he is so slow he can't defend anyone.
And Afllalo surprised me alot but i would still prefer a nice prospect at this stage of our rebuild.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#992 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:11 pm

magicman123 wrote:
InFlames wrote:

I counted 7 people suspended because they posted a bynum GIF, that is straight ridiculous, that MOD should have his rights taken away..(assuming that was the reason)

Yep that was exactly the reason. I'm back now though. Not sure how it was a "derailing GIF" when it actually was on topic with the thread itself in a sense. No worries though, I'll try to not make fun of Bynum anymore... :lol:
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#993 » by magicman112 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:47 pm

There is an article on Hoopshype about us being interesting in bringing Gortat back. If it's true I'd do that in a heartbeat. We need a proven inside presence big time. He's still young so would fit in with what we're trying to do here. Only issue I see is he may cut into Drew's minutes but Drew can play the 4 spot too....
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#994 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:03 pm

magicman112 wrote:There is an article on Hoopshype about us being interesting in bringing Gortat back. If it's true I'd do that in a heartbeat. We need a proven inside presence big time. He's still young so would fit in with what we're trying to do here. Only issue I see is he may cut into Drew's minutes but Drew can play the 4 spot too....

I saw the same article too although I couldn't make it out since it is in Polish. Gonna use Google Translator in a bit to decipher it but I would shed a tear if we can somehow get Gortat back here in Magic blue. He shouldn't have been traded to begin with.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#995 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:28 pm

I quoted the following when I translated the page regarding the Hammer...

Marcin Gortat - taking into account the fact that does not fit into the new offensive, Phoenix Suns and the broken negotiations on the renewal of the contract - is no longer a player, you will want to stay in the Phoenix Suns at any cost. Our findings show that raising the Pole is very interested in the club where he began his career in the NBA, the Orlando Magic.

Please let this be true... :pray:

http://nba.przegladsportowy.pl/Koszykow ... 2,299.html
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#996 » by Rick Rolled » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:49 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:I quoted the following when I translated the page regarding the Hammer...

Marcin Gortat - taking into account the fact that does not fit into the new offensive, Phoenix Suns and the broken negotiations on the renewal of the contract - is no longer a player, you will want to stay in the Phoenix Suns at any cost. Our findings show that raising the Pole is very interested in the club where he began his career in the NBA, the Orlando Magic.

I love Marcin, but is he worth the financial commitment it's going to take to reel him in?

I'm torn on this one.
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#997 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Rick Rolled wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:I quoted the following when I translated the page regarding the Hammer...

I love Marcin, but is he worth the financial commitment it's going to take to reel him in?

I'm torn on this one.

That is a very good point. He definitely will command a salary of $10+ million annually when it is time for his next contract. It's nuts how much of a bargain he is right now at his current contract. If the story is indeed true, it would be up to Henny to decide if he is worth the financial commitment. Marcin would most certainly fill a need for us though.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#998 » by OrlandO » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Rick Rolled wrote:

I'm torn on this one.

Would be an easier decision if we didn't have a center averaging nearly a double double at 22 years old and a fraction of the cost... still, productive bigs are limited and very valuable in this league...
BrianEvansfor3
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#999 » by BrianEvansfor3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:03 pm

so we want to get older now? I don't see it.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,136

Post#1000 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:03 pm

I'd love to have Gortat back. Don't get me wrong I'm a pretty big Vuc fan, but Gortat's defense and P&R game are some things that Vuc will probably never develop. I don't see why having both would be a bad thing.. Having a great "third big" (sixth man big) is a nice way to punish small teams come playoff time. It all depends on how fast Rob and Ownership are trying to turn this thing around into a playoff team though.

Add Gortat to the list of guys I'd prefer to be the ones jacking up shots instead of BBD.

- Affalo
- JJ
- Jameer
- Vuc
- Nicholson
- Moore
- Vaughn
- Gortat?

Return to Orlando Magic