ImageImage

Off Topic V

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,201

Re: Off Topic V 

Post#181 » by amcoolio » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:18 pm

This is probably my worst season of professional sports for my teams in my lifetime. Worse than 1-15, worse than 2-14, worse than collapse against Arizona, worse than 7-49, you name it. You will find no bigger Panther fan than me. Its a bad dream, a reoccuring nightmare. I always pump myself up on Sunday morning, but no more. I will seriously consider not watching the next game if Rivera and crew are here tomorrow morning. Blowing 2 or 3 games in the last few minutes is cute, but not blowing 6 of them, each as embarrassing as the last. The Panthers should be 7-3 or even 8-2 right now. But they are 2 and **** 8.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,498

Post#182 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:35 pm

I've stopped watching the Panthers in the last couple weeks. Too agitating to watch. I sat through more than half of our Bobcats' games last year and never got this pissed off.

--

On a different note, let me guess: Kilo Graham got waived because he was Crunk?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#183 » by doc.end » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:52 pm

2012 Hopman cup won - checked
2012Fed cup won - checked
2012 100th Davis cup won ...checked!

Not that big deal but I take it as an excuse to post this gif as it can be handy for gif heavy oriented posters (stay away from GB though, posting gif is derailing there) and is quite hilarious itself (it was even better live on tv; he is psycho but that makes him winning I guess).

amcoolio

Post#184 » by amcoolio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:37 am

Jesus Christ the Panthers are playing the Eagles on MNF next week
doc.end
General Manager

Post#185 » by doc.end » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 am

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:I've stopped watching the Panthers in the last couple weeks. Too agitating to watch. I sat through more than half of our Bobcats' games last year and never got this pissed off.

--

Detroit board may be the culprit (not that he dealth with them with patience on their board). Suprisingly Pistons board have some decent members too (a rare sight though).
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#186 » by HornetJail » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 am

Just read through that thread on their board.

I might go back to read more in their board for the lulz. There's a Stuckey vs. Harden that automatically looks hilarious.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,665

Post#187 » by Diop » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:01 am

doc.end wrote:
CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:I've stopped watching the Panthers in the last couple weeks. Too agitating to watch. I sat through more than half of our Bobcats' games last year and never got this pissed off.

--

Detroit board may be the culprit (not that he dealth with them with patience on their board). Suprisingly Pistons board have some decent members too (a rare sight though).

yeah it wasn't done by any Mods from this board.

You have to tread carefully when posting on another teams board.
amcoolio

Post#188 » by amcoolio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:09 am

Look at the Drummond vs. Davis thread too. 90% would take Drummond #1 overall.

Whats funny is that there are some of them that STILL would take Stuckey over Harden
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,035

Post#189 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:25 am

The Pistons board is a joke. Most of them believe Knight is the second coming of Iverson.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
doc.end
General Manager

Post#190 » by doc.end » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:32 am

amcoolio wrote:Look at the Drummond vs. Davis thread too. 90% would take Drummond #1 overall.

Whats funny is that there are some of them that STILL would take Stuckey over Harden

For real? OMG

They are (as a whole) in denial, somehow they think that the winning title with Dumars as a GM matter for their future, that their enitled to be good and while they aren't it is always a coach to be blamed for. Deep down in subconsiousness they know that's why trolling our board and GB thread asking whose future is brighter, happened. Some actually think and consider match, environment, teammates when evaluating players butthose are minority. Majority somehow thinks a young player once he is a Piston is as good as his potential is (or maybe even more) and will develop 100%. Currently they are hyping Knight, but we all know how Stuckey was the savior, clearly an emerging superstat. They still think (some of them) he is on good contract :roll:
I refrain from posting on their board as there is no reason to argue.

Oh, Kemba is still chucker, combo guard, not a point guard, not faciliator, a midget, Will Bynum 2.0, has no (3pt) shot, near his ceiling and Knight was the right pick (not saying he can't be a good player for them, he is few games into his second season, but I would rather prefer PG of my team to be a leader). If the question whether they should pick Kemba instead arise, they start bashing Bismack being picked 7th, lol. Boy, there are some nice and knowledgeable fanbases on realgm but they are not one of them.

In all fairness I was prefering Drummond to Davis before their freshman seasons. Then Drummond non.impactful season and questioning his head and focus on basketball occured and I gave in to general consensus we should pass on him - Biyombo already picked up, needed safe pick badly, other good options (I wasn't a fan of MKG pick, my bad).
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#191 » by HornetJail » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:59 am

They also think Jerebko is the second coming of Dirk too, which makes me laugh on a regular basis. Any time I some LOLs, I'm going there. :lol:
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#192 » by penquin11 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:37 am

amcoolio wrote:Jesus Christ the Panthers are playing the Eagles on MNF next week

This game was highlighted as a gem in the offseason by many experts... It was supposed to feature 2 of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL... What a **** joke
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#193 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:56 am

penquin11 wrote:
amcoolio wrote:Jesus Christ the Panthers are playing the Eagles on MNF next week

This game was highlighted as a gem in the offseason by many experts... It was supposed to feature 2 of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL... What a **** joke

Im embarassed to be a Panther fan these days.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#194 » by James Gatz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
penquin11 wrote:

Im embarassed to be a Panther fan these days.

This season has been some ways rougher than the Bobcats last year. At least then I knew we would be terrible as opposed to the playoffs hopes I had at the start of this year. I was convinced Rivera and Cam would bring us a super bowl at some point in their tenure.

At least the Cats are playing well this year, right? :roll:
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,133

Post#195 » by KembaWalker » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:08 pm

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:They also think Jerebko is the second coming of Dirk too, which makes me laugh on a regular basis. Any time I some LOLs, I'm going there. :lol:

iirc they think they can trade Tayshaun Prince for Rudy Gay.

Stuckey vs Harden thread..lol

they want their pick back, sessions, and expirings for Tayshaun and Stuckey lol

Pistons get: Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph

Grizz gets: Jerebko, Maggette, Maxiell, Bynum, Daye, 1st

Jefferson, Biedrins, Thompson

for

Tay, Max, Maggs

then the next post is "we will need to overpay for Klay Thompson" and he throws in Rodney Stuckey. :lol:

srsly contending for most homerish fanbase on realgm. they annoy the hell out of me
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#196 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:22 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:They also think Jerebko is the second coming of Dirk too, which makes me laugh on a regular basis. Any time I some LOLs, I'm going there. :lol:

iirc they think they can trade Tayshaun Prince for Rudy Gay.

Stuckey vs Harden thread..lol

they want their pick back, sessions, and expirings for Tayshaun and Stuckey lol

for

Tay, Max, Maggs

then the next post is "we will need to overpay for Klay Thompson" and he throws in Rodney Stuckey. :lol:

srsly contending for most homerish fanbase on realgm. they annoy the hell out of me

Their fans are flat out stupid. It took everything I had to not troll their board after some of the stuff I saw that was being said about Sessions and Walker. We, like all fans, overrate our players, but they take it to a completely different level.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#197 » by HornetJail » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:22 pm

To give them some credit, if I was a (fairly stingy) owner, I wouldn't trade Prince for Gay. Gay's contract is absolutely ridiculous. It isn't Joe Johnson bad, but it's up there. In their situation, they're better off keeping Prince for Gay. If Memphis didn't have that outside chance at a title, I'd trade Gay for a small contract. They've already proved once that they're just fine without him and his $50M+ contract.

What. The. Fu**.

Only way that happens is if Memphis has a 10-second liquidation sale

for

Tay, Max, Maggs

This is actually debatable. True, Klay is much better than anything else involved in that deal, but look at the complete crap they are taking back. That's more than $50M in dead weight.
Liver_Pooty wrote:Their fans are flat out stupid. It took everything I had to not troll their board after some of the stuff I saw that was being said about Sessions and Walker. We, like all fans, overrate our players, but they take it to a completely different level.
Them and the Lakers are the top two for sure in that regard.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,133

Post#198 » by KembaWalker » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:34 am

lol they jsut keep going

WE GET:
SG Jeremy Lamb
PG Reggie Jackson
SF/PF Derrick Williams
PG Luke Ridnour

WE SEND OUT:
PG/SG Rodney Stuckey
PF/C Jason Maxiell
SG Kim English

:lol:
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,094

Post#199 » by The Moose » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:02 pm

It's not all of us..., and most time someone proposes a trade idea, we will say that it is ridiculous
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#200 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Were 25th in the league in attendance. Hopefully that picks up soon.

Return to Charlotte Hornets