ImageImageImageImageImage

Article: DeMar's life in hoops.. (and future wife)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Re: Article: DeMar's life in hoops.. (and future wife) 

Post#101 » by The_Hater » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:37 pm

dagger wrote:A great read on DeMar

You can see why the team would have erred on the side of extending him.

Aside from a tremendous work ethic, he's looking to buy a house for him and his fiancé Kiara - a basketball fanatic herself.

Learn about how he developed his post up game last summer, too,

http://www.goodwinsports.com/wp-content ... uality.pdf

Don't let the link fool you. It's actually a Sportsnet Magazine article. Goodwin sports is his agent/rep.

People weren't calling extending DeMar an error, they were calling the amount of the extension an error. And it still is because he hadn't done enough to warrent such a huge annual salary. There's a salary cap in place so you can't overpay every player on the team without hurting all the moves that follow.

The league is full of great guys with great attitudes and great work ethics, it doesn't mean that they all deserve huge contracts that don't match their abilities.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#102 » by Reignman » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:12 am

Luckily it looks like its working out, 23 years old with a 19 PER, and his extension doesnt kick in till next year. He needs to keep this up for the season and his 9.5 becomes a pretty good deal.
Lawnmower Man
Banned User
And1: 20

Post#103 » by Lawnmower Man » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 am

dagger wrote:
david5773 wrote:I have a feeling Kiara has a realgm account

Well, I hope if she does she has most of you on ignore.

Dagger = Kiara
The_Hater

Post#104 » by The_Hater » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Reignman wrote:Luckily it looks like its working out, 23 years old with a 19 PER, and his extension doesnt kick in till next year. He needs to keep this up for the season and his 9.5 becomes a pretty good deal.

19.0 PER? He's currently at 16.5. Big difference.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#105 » by dagger » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:51 pm

The_Hater wrote:
dagger wrote:A great read on DeMar

You can see why the team would have erred on the side of extending him.

Aside from a tremendous work ethic, he's looking to buy a house for him and his fiancé Kiara - a basketball fanatic herself.

Learn about how he developed his post up game last summer, too,

http://www.goodwinsports.com/wp-content ... uality.pdf

Don't let the link fool you. It's actually a Sportsnet Magazine article. Goodwin sports is his agent/rep.

People weren't calling extending DeMar an error, they were calling the amount of the extension an error. And it still is because he hadn't done enough to warrent such a huge annual salary. There's a salary cap in place so you can't overpay every player on the team without hurting all the moves that follow.

The league is full of great guys with great attitudes and great work ethics, it doesn't mean that they all deserve huge contracts that don't match their abilities.

You can interpret my words the way you want, but my position is that extending him now, as opposed to waiting for next summer, was a gamble financially.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,186

Post#106 » by brownbobcat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:13 pm

The_Hater wrote:People weren't calling extending DeMar an error, they were calling the amount of the extension an error. And it still is because he hadn't done enough to warrent such a huge annual salary. There's a salary cap in place so you can't overpay every player on the team without hurting all the moves that follow.

In reality, though, that's the same thing. I don't think he's worth that much, but I don't doubt someone would've given him the money. I think any offer significantly below $35 mil/4 yrs would've meant no extension.
The_Hater

Post#107 » by The_Hater » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:18 pm

dagger wrote:
The_Hater wrote:[You can interpret my words the way you want, but my position is that extending him now, as opposed to waiting for next summer, was a gamble financially.

Can't say I agree with that. He's clearly a great kid with a great work ethic but he played at a below average level for 3 full seasons and it wouldn't be tough to argue that he regressed from season 2 to season 3. From that large sample size and that regression, BC, as he usually does, extends him at far above market value instead of letting the situation play out and allowing the market to dictate his value.

He plays hard and he's obviously athletic but he's still poor defensively despite always giving a solid effort. And he has played well so far this season but that's only a 10 game sample size but he looked improved at the beginning of last season as well and we both know how that turned out.

I can't imagine that BC couldn't have extended DD for far less $$$ or saved $$$ by letting the season play out. Now he's just another overpaid rotation player just like many others on the roster.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Toronto Raptors