Sell me on Noel

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Sell me on Noel 

Post#1 » by MagicFan32 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:43 pm

I feel like when a guy is an elite prospect he should just jump out at you, with Noel, I think defensively he could be phenomenal, but he has little developed talent with the ball, and on the block. Could he be the next Ben Wallace? or another Thabeet?
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Re: Sell me on Noel 

Post#2 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:26 pm

He looks somewhere between Anthony Randolph and John Henson to me. Only reason Ford hasn't dropped him from #1 yet is so his pre season hype of him doesn't look stupid
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#3 » by No-Man » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:33 pm

He isn't a top5 prospect in a strong draft, he could be one next year, guy could be similar to Theo Ratliff
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#4 » by ManualRam » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:49 am

he has little skill and virtually no feel for the game but he does have rockets for feet and really good lateral quickness. i think he has more in common with tyrus thomas than anthony davis.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#5 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:34 am

He has a sick high top fade?!?
TheMailMan3232
Junior
And1: 7

Post#6 » by TheMailMan3232 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:30 am

Fischella wrote:He isn't a top5 prospect in a strong draft, he could be one next year, guy could be similar to Theo Ratliff

He a top 5 pick right now.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,307

Post#7 » by DirtyDez » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:41 am

He better fix that shot or teams will keep fouling him. If developed properly he can be Serge Ibaka-ish... Hopefully he stays another year in college. He gets visibly frustrated on offense so he knows he'll get destroyed in the NBA.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#8 » by jman3134 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:43 pm

I never understood the hype, even when he was in high school. People compared him to Davis and I don't think they're in the same universe defensively. Offensively, he simply uses his athleticism to faceup guys from what I've seen and drive past them or draw contact. It's not going to work in the league.

Defensively, he gambles a lot to block shots. This is why they're going to allow a lot of offensive rebounds this year.
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#9 » by phx#7 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:53 pm

jman3134 wrote:I never understood the hype, even when he was in high school. People compared him to Davis and I don't think they're in the same universe defensively. Offensively, he simply uses his athleticism to faceup guys from what I've seen and drive past them or draw contact. It's not going to work in the league.

Defensively, he gambles a lot to block shots. This is why they're going to allow a lot of offensive rebounds this year.

This is exactly my take. I really don't understand how he was the #1 recruit in this class. And defensively even when he doesn't gamble he gives up positioning to any decent post player I've seen him match up with.
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#10 » by boogie-reke » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:19 pm

I've never been overly impressed in the games I got to see him and expressed it in my posts.

Ibaka looks a decent comparison down the line if he can develop offensively in terms of rhe realistic best case scenario.
black bart
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#11 » by black bart » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:37 pm

Watching him, he has huge problems defensively and is not a good team defender. He is extremely quick, extremely long, and has a high vert. Actually more of a freak than Anthony davis as an athlete. He is able to post up and get past his defender easily because of his quick feet. He does have however the lowest bball iq I've seen in a while. He always tries to block the ball and never boxes out his opponent for rebounds. He is one of the worst rebounders for a tall guy because of this. He deserves top 5 similar to drummond. I was down on him but his athletic ability is too good to pass on him. Most overrated recruit though. He is a one and done and is going to lose more games than win his first season. He shouldn't have been ahead of shabazz
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,424

Post#12 » by GreenRiddler » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 am

boogie-reke wrote:I've never been overly impressed in the games I got to see him and expressed it in my posts.

Ibaka looks a decent comparison down the line if he can develop offensively in terms of rhe realistic best case scenario.

I doubt that's his ceiling he is already pretty close to him. I think he is gonna be a more active player on O and he also has better hands.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#13 » by ManualRam » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:07 am

i think noel has quicker feet than ibaka. noel has more potential than ibaka as a man defender because of those quicker feet. noel can actually put the ball on the deck and is faster in straight lines.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo

Return to NBA Draft