PF - Blake Griffin
C - DeAndre Jordan

Spurs:
PG - Tony Parker
SG - Danny Green
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Tim Duncan
C - DeJuan Blair

Two weeks ago the Clippers absolutely dismantled us in Los Angeles and now its time to get some pay back.

The keys to this ones going to be our transition defense and rebounding. Thats how they killed us last time and we can't let it happen again.

Go Spurs!!
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Re: GT: Clippers vs. Spurs 

Post#2 » by co_laper » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Yeah, this is payback. I say no way we lose this game.
ManuGino
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#3 » by ManuGino » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Are we going to be starting Tiago/Timmy? I think if Splitter can stay on the court for 30 minutes tonight we cruise...
CReneFriborg
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by CReneFriborg » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:57 am

Game time guys! Let's do this Spurs! :D
mitrandil20
Bench Warmer
And1: 524

Post#5 » by mitrandil20 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:42 am

I haven't watched the game yet, but why this Clippers team looks like a tabù for SA so far?
franktony
Analyst
And1: 1,492

Post#6 » by franktony » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Well we played an amazing 1st quarter then S-Jax went down. SA played way better this game, especially Timmy but it's hard to play with both our SFs down.

Let's see how Pop goes forward without Leonard and Jackson.

To me he should simply start Manu, move Green to play SF (something he did in college for 4 years and Cleveland) and the bench goes with Mills and Neal as the back-court.

Joseph was called back from the Toros, so I assume Nando will get some minutes and Joseph will be the 3rd string guard.
Shaq on Duncan:SA won because of TD, a guy I could never break.I could talk trash to Ewing, get in D-Rob's face, get a rise out of Mourning,but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and say:“Hey,Shaq, watch this shot right off the glass.”
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#7 » by co_laper » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Well, I didn't think we lost this game because of no Jax. For me, Bledsoe hurt us the most coming up with timely baskets and rebounds. We didn't play smallball either because the Clips never employed a smallball lineup of their own. So while not having Jax sort of messed up our rotation (such as too much Green/Manu at SF), it didn't really hurt us.

I thought the Clippers just played really well in almost every facet of the game. The 2 guys that stood out most for me was Matt Barnes and Eric Bledsoe. From last year's playoffs and two games this year, I mean Bledsoe can really start for many teams IMO. He's become starter quality. And then I love the physicality in which Matt Barnes play. He's gotten into it with Manu twice in two games now and he's done that a lot over the years. He's annoying as hell. Yeah, I miss Bruce Bowen.

What I hate the most really is our defense. Man.. Every year we talk about how the Spurs defense need to improve, and it never does. We just don't have the personnel. Everything hinges on Kawhi. Come on.. Kawhi's defensive prime will likely still be a couple years away. It's just really hard to watch how bad our defense has become. Even if our offense has gotten a lot more efficient, I miss those 80 point games with plenty of post ups during the game.

Return to San Antonio Spurs