ImageImageImageImage

JJ is putting up elite numbers, can he be an all star?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Re: JJ is putting up elite numbers, can he be an all star? 

Post#21 » by magicman123 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:59 am

OrlandO wrote:
magicman123 wrote:Only SG in the league averaging 15pts and 5ast, and the only one averaging 5 assist

Too bad point and shooting guards are grouped together when picking. The East has way more allstar PGs than SGs. This thread actually made me realize how valuable JJ is going to be... the SG position is not what it used to be. Do you think he can keep up 5 assists now that Jameer is back... what about when Turk returns?

No, i dont think he can keep up the 5ast average, however he is averaging 5.5ast when jameer plays, and 5.5ast when jameer doesn't play, at least hes consistent :wink:
SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#22 » by SmiteaDwight » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:04 am

If he bumps up his scoring just slightly, and we can hang around 500 i see a chance.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,803

Post#23 » by eyriq » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:51 am

The best player on bottom feeders rarely get all star considerations. He certainly has elevated his status though, as, imo, last year he was making a case for consideration as a big 3 candidate and this year he is driving the point home. I think a team with a legit super star could build around that star, Redick, and one other border line star and contend. Too bad Howard pussed out.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#24 » by Horcy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:41 am

G-Heel wrote:16/5.5 is "elite numbers"...? add to the fact that we're not a good team, JJ got absolutely no chance.

+1
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,090

Post#25 » by thelead » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:33 am

MagicFan32 wrote:he's having a great year, but he may not even be on the magic at the all star break

I agree. Of all magicians, he and Harrington are most likely to be shipped out.
jtmagic11
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#26 » by jtmagic11 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:32 pm

No. I like JJ but all-star?????? Come on now
grayson11
Bench Warmer
And1: 58

Post#27 » by grayson11 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:08 pm

If he starts to go off for 20ppg the rest of the way, then I can see it happening. But even then it's not a guarantee because of the focus on wins.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#28 » by tranjSAIC » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:10 pm

trebone wrote:I think if he maintains that he may have a very outside shot at 6th man of the year but not an allstar, if he can get his scoring to 20 per and 5-6 assists per he will have a real shot from the coaches but that seems unlikely to happen

Even if he gets to 24 ppg he won't get in, remember we are a **** team. You have to put up ungodly like numbers to become an allstar if your team sucks.
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#29 » by Reverse_Angle » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:42 pm

tranjSAIC wrote:
trebone wrote:I think if he maintains that he may have a very outside shot at 6th man of the year but not an allstar, if he can get his scoring to 20 per and 5-6 assists per he will have a real shot from the coaches but that seems unlikely to happen

Even if he gets to 24 ppg he won't get in, remember we are a **** team. You have to put up ungodly like numbers to become an allstar if your team sucks.

even that is not enough, monta says hi.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,246

Post#30 » by Bensational » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Reverse_Angle wrote:
tranjSAIC wrote:

even that is not enough, monta says hi.

I think you guys are underestimating the power of JJs charisma. He may not make it with the people's vote, but coaches might actually respect what he's doing.
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#31 » by Reverse_Angle » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:59 am

Bensational wrote:I think you guys are underestimating the power of JJs charisma. He may not make it with the people's vote, but coaches might actually respect what he's doing.

i think jj being voted in is more likely than him being picked up by the coaches, had public were to decide the reserves, too, but only slightly perhaps.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.

Return to Orlando Magic