ImageImageImageImageImage

Our Projected Depth Chart

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Our Projected Depth Chart 

Post#401 » by hands11 » Fri Nov 9, 2012 6:06 am

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:Also to mention... I find it very maddening that Nene played in the Olympics and has not been able to suit up for the Wizards. Obviously he wasn't at a point health-wise where he should of been playing, and it has damaged his ability to come back.

I understand the desire to play in the Olympics, but his 1st priority should be to Washington. Now he is resting his foot and healing. He should of been doing that all season. Is that the veteran leadership he's providing, that he puts himself before this team?

Totally agree with both you.

Ted/EG may have actually assembled a pretty decent team with a young core.

As for Nene. That is the one thing he has done to date that I didn't like. Just one thing, but a big one.

But I like that Randy has him traveling with the team. It keeps them connected. Specially the way he and Kevin connect. And it should be a constant reminder to him of what his first obligation is. It can't be fun for Nene to be around all this and know that he can't help because he made a bad discussion over the summer. I know it was a hard decision to make. You want to play for your country. But sometimes we have to make tough unselfish decisions and set your priorities in the right order.

Hopefully we get good news tomorrow.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#402 » by GhostsOfGil » Fri Nov 9, 2012 2:30 pm

Via TAI our starting line up is shooting an average of 29% on FGs with a plus/minus of minus- 32.3 per 48 minutes...
Spence
Head Coach
And1: 35

Post#403 » by Spence » Fri Nov 9, 2012 2:42 pm

GhostsOfGil wrote:Via TAI our starting line up is shooting an average of 29% on FGs with a plus/minus of minus- 32.3 per 48 minutes...

That's horrible, but we've all seen it with our own eyes. I wonder what the Wiz could do if they didn't fall behind 17-4 in every game.
Satan is happy with your progress.
DC Pro Sports Report is a good site for DC pro sports news.
hands11
Banned User

Post#404 » by hands11 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:09 am

Some of us have been calling for the Livingston addition for a while over the off season and since.

But I have been banging my head against the wall for it since see what a Price Pargo back court looked like. Randy wouldn't even play Crawford at PG until he was forced to last game when they made a 20 pt come back.

Sometimes thing don't happen when we want them to, but at least it happened. Should have been at least a game or two ago or even to start the season, but it did happen. I expected by keeping Pargo and Price over Mack that both were not going to stick but instead it was a place holder and easy to change during the season one it played out that it wouldn't work and someone better was available.

That someone better was Shaun.

New Roster the way I want to see it next game

Crawford, Livingston, Price ( use the Price ankle as an opportunity to see what Craw can do stating PG )
Beal, Martin, Webster ( Martin and Web are both spot up 3 pt shooter. Feet set )
Trevor A, Singleton
Kevin, Ves, Booker ( finding the right spot for Booker is tough right now. Maybe even some small ball center)
Okafor, Barron ( Barron has shown well at times. Give him a shot )

They can always roll Web to SF, Singleton to PF and Kevin to Center is needed.

New starters are Crawford and Kevin
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 862

Post#405 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:07 am

Really, I'm not sure if any changes outside of Wall and Nene returning are going to have much effect.

I do like the Livingston signing. You gotta like our guard set up with Wall, Beal, Crawford, Price and Livingston. I mean that is a solid rotation.

Alot of calling for Seraphin chatter, but Okafor has played well also, and I'm not sure coming off the bench isn't better suited for Seraphin's development where he can play a bit looser and without as much pressure.

The forward spots are the trouble area IMO. Nene coming back would certainly help. Ariza has started to look more comfortable. Booker has been a bit disappointing to me, and Vesely has regressed.

Assuming Wall and Nene still out for the time being, I suppose I'd change things up a bit if only for the sake of change and to shake things up... I'd like to start Livingston at point for his true skill of running at team. With Livingston at point, he needs some shooters to distribute to, I'd like to stick with Beal starting at SG at least for now, move Webster to the starting spot at SF and Singleton at PF, with Seraphin at Center. 2nd unit would therefore be Okafor, Booker, Ariza, Crawford, Price.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
hands11
Banned User

Post#406 » by hands11 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 am

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:Really, I'm not sure if any changes outside of Wall and Nene returning are going to have much effect.

I do like the Livingston signing. You gotta like our guard set up with Wall, Beal, Crawford, Price and Livingston. I mean that is a solid rotation.

Alot of calling for Seraphin chatter, but Okafor has played well also, and I'm not sure coming off the bench isn't better suited for Seraphin's development where he can play a bit looser and without as much pressure.

The forward spots are the trouble area IMO. Nene coming back would certainly help. Ariza has started to look more comfortable. Booker has been a bit disappointing to me, and Vesely has regressed.

Assuming Wall and Nene still out for the time being, I suppose I'd change things up a bit if only for the sake of change and to shake things up... I'd like to start Livingston at point for his true skill of running at team. With Livingston at point, he needs some shooters to distribute to, I'd like to stick with Beal starting at SG at least for now, move Webster to the starting spot at SF and Singleton at PF, with Seraphin at Center. 2nd unit would therefore be Okafor, Booker, Ariza, Crawford, Price.

I don't think Ves has really regressed as much as the teams transition game has without Wall. Ves is a transition court player. He hasn't developed a good half court game yet. And while I think he will shoot better this year, he isn't going to be the one to develop him outside game while the team has no flow. That isn't Ves. He would be the last one to play hero ball.

With better PG play, the team will play better. They will get out in transition more. Once the game start flowing, Ves will start to show his game again.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wi ... story.html
hands11
Banned User

Post#407 » by hands11 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:36 pm

This should be there line ups and rotation.

Crawford/Livingston/Price
Webster/Beal/Martin/Price
Trevor A/Singleton/Webster - Singleton should be given a chance with Webster fighting to push in out.
Vesely/Booker/Singleton
Okafor/Kevin/Barron

That's 13

If they do that, they will start the win some games.

Once Wall and Nene return.

This should be there line ups and rotation.

Wall/Livingston
Crawford/Beal/Webster/Martin
Trevor A/Singleton/Webster
Vesely/Nene/Booker/Singleton - start Ves with Nene off the bench until fully healthy.
Okafor/Kevin

That is 13 with

Barron and Price inactive.

Once Nene is healthy, put him at center and move Kevin to back up PF and let him fight it out.

Stop wasting time on Price. He isn't even going to be active once they bring Wall and Nene back. They have wasted way to much time on this marginal player who isn't even a clear back up.

Once healthy, they are going to be a 45% to 50% team.

Kevin needs to show the will be a bull in the post. If not, start looking for a player that will.

They can still move forward from that they have. They will need to evaluate and add the right pieces but they can do it.

They are set at PG finally. They need to resign Livingston.
They have pieces at SG that can work out. Beal is young. Maybe upgrade at the Martin level if needed.
Trevor A is a place holder at SF until they find a true stud. This should be the main focus.
They have pieces at PF and Center but should keep adding with an eye on the future.

It may look like ass right now but it really isn't. Wall and Nene retuning will get them back on course.
hands11
Banned User

Post#408 » by hands11 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 am

The come back line up was

Livingston
Beal
Singleton
Booker
Barron

Imagine that. What a shock. Randy stumbled into one of the line ups that would work.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 862

Post#409 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:25 am

hands11 wrote:The come back line up was

Livingston
Beal
Singleton
Booker
Barron

Imagine that. What a shock. Randy stumbled into one of the line ups that would work.

I haven't watched the past 2 games as closely as I usually do, but I don't recall seeing Webster in either of them. Is he hurt, or has he played his way out of the rotation ??
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
hands11
Banned User

Post#410 » by hands11 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:39 am

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:
hands11 wrote:The come back line up was

Livingston
Beal
Singleton
Booker
Barron

I haven't watched the past 2 games as closely as I usually do, but I don't recall seeing Webster in either of them. Is he hurt, or has he played his way out of the rotation ??

He hasn't found his place on the team yet. No spacing isn't helping.

Right now his best skill I have seen is hitting a spot up long ball with his feet set. Basically Martin with more heart and slightly better handles. He played some last game but wasn't effective. Once the team settles down, he should be able to find a role as a 3 ball shooting SG maybe SF that can drive with more open lanes and who can get out in transition.

He just isn't good enough to lead a team, but he is good enough to pitch in once the team doesnt have totally F'd up crap rotations.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#411 » by closg00 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:07 pm

I don't believe that small-ball has been tried.

http://m.phillyburbs.com/sports/sixers/ ... 7d585.html

PG: Livingston
SG: Beal
SF: Webster
PF: Singleton
C: Seraphin
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#412 » by GhostsOfGil » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:14 pm

closg00 wrote:I don't believe that small-ball has been tried.

http://m.phillyburbs.com/sports/sixers/ ... 7d585.html

PG: Livingston
SF: Webster
PF: Singleton
C: Seraphin

I see some serious rebounding deficiencies here.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#413 » by closg00 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Small-ball can only be used in spurts
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#414 » by Illuminaire » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Might as well go whole-hog with the smallball.

PG: Crawford
SF: Martin
PF: Webster
C: Singleton

Rebounding? Pff. We'll just jack 3s like Grinnel. (Hey, if we're gonna lose, we might as well have fun with it)
hands11
Banned User

Post#415 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:05 am

Wiz vs Hawks 11/21/12

Starting line up

Livingston
Crawford
Beal
Ves
Kevin

Really Randy ?

Interesting. I give it that.

Randy seems lost.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#416 » by verbal8 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 am

Illuminaire wrote:Rebounding? Pff. We'll just jack 3s like Grinnel. (Hey, if we're gonna lose, we might as well have fun with it)

I think Crawford is the only guy on the roster who could put up 100+ shots in a game.
hands11
Banned User

Post#417 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:17 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... -progress/

So Wall continues to progress.

Nene game back a few weeks early. Interesting to read how that went down. I just hope he can get that foot well enough to make it through the season so he can take care of it this off season like he should have last off season. Nene really blow it this year by playing in the Olympics instead of getting his foot right. He really screwed over Ted who is paying him 13M to heal during the season when he should have done it over the summer.

Booker had a sprained knee. They already did an MRI and it looks like he will be ok.

Seems I read about them doing more MRIs more quickly then I remember in the past. Thats a good sign. Seems the medical side of the team is getting better. I never understood what there was an MRI done on these injured players more quickly in the past. Hell, if it was me, I would have everyone of them get one once a mouth injured or not just to monitor and catching things early. Scan their feet, ankles and knees.

If Nene is healthy enough to play against the CHA, then they should do it. Go for the win. Then rest him again for SA, POR, NY, and MIA. He could get another two week rest until the ATL game DEC 7th. They aren't going to likely win any of those games anyway. Get a win now and then get him two more weeks rest. By then they will be talking about Walls return.
hands11
Banned User

Post#418 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:12 pm

vs Portland first win at home 11/28/12

Starters

Price
Beal
Trevor A
Kevin
Okafor

Booker and Wall out injured still with Nene rested for one game and ready to play off the bench

The starter dug a quick hole and then leveled off but Beal continues with poor shooting and dribbling. He does D up pretty solid though. I don't think he should be starting at this point. Actually, he should just be a bench player with Crawford, Webster getting the main minutes at SG. Ves is now on the bench and got a DNP which is good for now. He needs a wake up call and Randy is sending him one. Trevor A got off to a great start and shot well last night. Crawford had a really good game off the bench. Webster pitched in well and is becoming a leader in the locker room. Kevin scored and actually rebounded better but still no FTAs. Livingston played well and should be the PG for the 4th quarter.

Team was up 15 and Randy went to

Price
Crawford
Trevor A
Singleton
Kevin

And they got crushed on the boards. Went on a 0-14 run over 6 minutes while Randy changed the line up like five times. Truly terrible.

Finally got it to

Livingston
Crawford
Trevor A
Kevin
Nene

and then finished with

Price
Crawford
Trevor A
Nene
Okafor

Which was just enough to hang on.

Refs are insane. Crawford to Nene and a pick and roll inbound play and Nene gets called for a charge when it wasn't one and then Portland inbounded the ball with .5 second and some how they say Portland caught the ball and called time out in .3 second so .2 remained on the clock. They were then able to inbound the ball and get a shot off in .2 seconds. Yeah. Ok.

Should have been an easier win after they were up 15 in the forth and playing well. Randy really blow the line ups then figured out something good enough to hold onto a 1 pt lead late. Terrible coaching.

From the forth quarter..specially 5 minutes and later.. I think the focus of players should be

Livingston - spot duty for Price early in the 4th but not late
Crawford/Webster
Trevor A/Singleton
Kevin
Nene - spot duty for Okafor/Barron

Those are the 7 main players to get you through the 4th. Once Wall returns it will be a lot easier with Wall or Livingston to choose from to play the entire 4th. They really need to add a 7-0 strong back up center who can score around the basket. Need to find a way to turn Okafor, Booker and maybe Ves into that player.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#419 » by LyricalRico » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:39 pm

hands11 wrote:They really need to add a 7-0 strong back up center who can score around the basket. Need to find a way to turn Okafor, Booker and maybe Ves into that player.

Maybe borrow Dr. Doofenshmirtz's "combine-inator"?

:dontknow:
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#420 » by nate33 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:47 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
hands11 wrote:They really need to add a 7-0 strong back up center who can score around the basket. Need to find a way to turn Okafor, Booker and maybe Ves into that player.

Maybe borrow Dr. Doofenshmirtz's "combine-inator"?

:dontknow:

Phineas and Ferb may very well be the funniest show on TV.

Return to Washington Wizards