ImageImageImageImageImage

Sign Livingston Longterm ASAP #1 Priority Thread!!

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Sign Livingston Longterm ASAP #1 Priority Thread!! 

Post#1 » by WizarDynasty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Just starting this thread now because i think signing livingston as our longterm backup point guard before his market value skyrockets has to be the number priority. He should be seen as our most valuable "off the court asset". Maintaining his basketball IQ from season to season and allowing him to see himself as a lifetime wizards is the single most critical move that leonsis can make. Fire grunfeld and go over the cap if you have to in order to sign livingston to a 3 year or greater deal.

Absolutely critical. I put my 10 year realgm reputation on this move. The single most important move to make this organization a dynasty.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Re: Sign Livingston Longterm ASAP #1 Priority Thread!! 

Post#2 » by Nivek » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:58 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:Just starting this thread now because i think signing livingston as our longterm backup point guard before his market value skyrockets has to be the number priority. He should be seen as our most valuable "off the court asset". Maintaining his basketball IQ from season to season and allowing him to see himself as a lifetime wizards is the single most critical move that leonsis can make. Fire grunfeld and go over the cap if you have to in order to sign livingston to a 3 year or greater deal.

Absolutely critical. I put my 10 year realgm reputation on this move. The single most important move to make this organization a dynasty.

:rofl:
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
WizarDynasty
Veteran

Post#3 » by WizarDynasty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Well this time Kevin, I have the authorize the command for a (just a joke from a corny rap song by LL Cool Jay) no real violence intended all love) and send your hot air balloon back to the soft earth, don't worry your basket should fail into water from my projection so you won't be badly injured. i know the lofty floating view has been great all these years---but apparently--it hasn't influenced anyone in upper management that has produced lasting results for the wizard franchise. I like to create proposals that will make a lasting year to year impact, so regretfully i had to authorize the missile launch. you will recover, but it will take time. It was great while it lasted. Your stats bare absolutely zero insight into point guard basketball IQ. You absolutely fail to capture the value of retaining a floor general's high basketball knowledge of his division foes offensive and defensive sets from season to season and thus fail to understand the concept of building a dynasty---in the era of rotating coaches. Let this thread be the light for you. It takes revolutionary thinking to bring about true change.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Nivek » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:17 pm

WizarDynasty -- ALWAYS entertaining. :D
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#5 » by closg00 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Hey! WizD was right about "Mullen" being a productive player even-though he got carried-away with his enthusiasm for him.

I wouldn't go crazy with a long-term contract, but SL might be the real "vet" PG that the club has needed.
I would give a small deal to Shaun say 3yr/9 mil. Price definitely is not a keeper.
WizarDynasty
Veteran

Post#6 » by WizarDynasty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 pm

The vision for the improvement towards the future must continue and it requires analysis that leads to productive results. If analysis has lead to failed results, then it we need to conclude that the analysis was flawed.
Wizards are still missing key elements and its up to this board of pretend GM's to figure out the missing pieces.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#7 » by GhostsOfGil » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:Well this time Kevin, I have the authorize the command for a surface to air missile and send your hot air balloon back to the soft earth, don't worry your basket should fail into water from my projection so you won't be badly injured.

:lol: :lol:

I have a feeling SL is going to help this team tremendously. The day he signed the contracted I said he was going to move into the starting line up within 5 games. With that said, there is no way we should give him anything more than 2 years.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#8 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:39 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:Well this time Kevin, I have the authorize the command for a surface to air missile and send your hot air balloon back to the soft earth, don't worry your basket should fail into water from my projection so you won't be badly injured. i know the lofty floating view has been great all these years---but apparently--it hasn't influenced anyone in upper management that has produced lasting results for the wizard franchise. I like to create proposals that will make a lasting year to year impact, so regretfully i had to authorize the missile launch. you will recover, but it will take time. It was great while it lasted. Your stats bare absolutely zero insight into point guard basketball IQ. You absolutely fail to capture the value of retaining a floor general's high basketball knowledge of his division foes offensive and defensive sets from season to season and thus fail to understand the concept of building a dynasty---in the era of rotating coaches. Let this thread be the light for you. It takes revolutionary thinking to bring about true change.

Pure comedy :lol:
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Nivek » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Gotta say, I appreciate WizD's restrained use of force. Getting shot down by surface to air missiles was frightening for a moment, but the soft landing was a nice touch.

Now I can gaze UP at the towering representation of WizD's genius and insight.
-- Malcolm Gladwell

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#10 » by tontoz » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:09 pm

I have to disagree with this thread. I think the true number #1 priority is getting an Elite-Post-Footwork-Fluid-Shot-Fake-Low-To-The-Ground-Dribble coach.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#11 » by dangermouse » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:34 pm

will that coach be able to teach Elite Off Hand Dribbling Behind The Knee While Sprinting?
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,598

Post#12 » by pancakes3 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:41 pm

It's probably cheaper to invest in a bowleggedometer
Bullets -> Wizards
WizarDynasty
Veteran

Post#13 » by WizarDynasty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:31 pm

and always important to shake up group think on the message board. To much intellectual power here was being wasted. But we all agree that we want to see high quality basketball in DC lol.
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Nivek » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Just trying to shake up group think: Ted should give Ernie a lifetime contract because he was smart enough to bring in Livingston at a bargain minimum-salary price.

I'd push for a double-life extension, but Grunfeld hasn't gotten Livingston's signature on a long-term deal yet. When that happens -- DOUBLE life extension.

Dare I say it? T-t-triple life?
-- Malcolm Gladwell

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#15 » by tontoz » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Nivek wrote:Just trying to shake up group think: Ted should give Ernie a lifetime contract because he was smart enough to bring in Livingston at a bargain minimum-salary price.

I'd push for a double-life extension, but Grunfeld hasn't gotten Livingston's signature on a long-term deal yet. When that happens -- DOUBLE life extension.

Dare I say it? T-t-triple life?

The surface to air missle obviously connected.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
WizarDynasty
Veteran

Post#16 » by WizarDynasty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:07 pm

you sure do seem intent on throwing the discussion off shaun livingston as a backup point guard. I think there is another thread related to Grunfeld extension. But yes, if he does succeed in getting Shaun as cornerstone backup point guard, the culture change here will be dramatic. Grunfeld has shown that he couldn't do it the first time around. Leonsis has the step in and use his charm to get things done and stabilize this team basketball iq foundation at the point guard position for years to come.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#17 » by Halcyon » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:09 pm

I don't know if its the #1 priority (firing Ernie would be #1) but I would be ok with having him on a short multi-year deal as the backup PG.
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Nivek » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:16 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:you sure do seem intent on throwing the discussion off shaun livingston as a backup point guard. I think there is another thread related to Grunfeld extension. But yes, if he does succeed in getting Shaun as cornerstone backup point guard, the culture change here will be dramatic. Grunfeld has shown that he couldn't do it the first time around. Leonsis has the step in and use his charm to get things done and stabilize this team basketball iq foundation at the point guard position for years to come.

My apologies for sidetracking the conversation. Dunno what came over me. Maybe that landing was harder than I thought.

Livingston clearly is The Solution to everything that ails the Wizards because of that all-important backup PG role. Just look at the profound culture changes he's made with each of his 6 NBA teams.
-- Malcolm Gladwell

WizarDynasty
Veteran

Post#19 » by WizarDynasty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:45 pm

NO i am not promoting actual violence, just feel this team has a ton of potential to be unlocked or can be unlock alot of hidden potential. Put to jumpstart, the wizards have historically had low iq at the point guard even from the gilbert days. Wall is a low iq point guard with amazing heart, great leadership ability and work ethic. Any hope of future success involves addressing his weaknesses. Stabilizing the point guard position with high basketball IQ to complement Wall's intangibles is how you build intellectual foundation of your team.
the only way Leonsis can guarantee that livingston and Wall establish a mutual is bond "off the court and game planning for the next 70 plus games and beyond for next season" is to make livingston a core member of the wizards as quick as possible, not tag Singleton as one year rental auditioning for other teams. Even if livingston get hurt, his true value is that he has Jason Kidd like point guard mental ability and coaching ability. If Leonsis can succeed in getting Livingston to agree to multi year deal in the upcoming days or even menth, i would consider that move to be greatest move of leonsis career as a wizard owner. That would truly transform this teams culture season to season. A wall livingston combination with each complementing each other day to day, week to week, season to season, gives me hope that this organization will finally get it.
But if you think that having talented players on your roster for one year rentals while they raise their price tags to benefit another team next year is successful, then EG clearly has not learned from his lessons and needs to be relieved of his duties. EAch day i come into the office if I am Leonsis, i am already assessing the future value calculatons of how much i have to go over the cap to ensure that the IQ foundation of my team continues to grow after the season ends. We are fortunate that Livingston is back---he was with six other teams, but none of the other teams has been devoid of a low iq backup point guard for a decade combine with a low iq but off the charts intangible superstar starting point guard. Leonsis has to get this done now based---Leonsis has alot more invested in this team than Grunfeld. Grunfeld may be looking to keep his job from year to year but we as fans plan to be wizard fans for decades to come while Grunfeld is out looking for his next gig. Havng Livingston retire has a wizard should be view point of an owner who plans to not sell his team for a decade or for fans who don't plan on switching teams because the team is doing badly. Grunfeld won't see an immediate improvement and Grunfeld's priority is to show his stock holders now that the company is doing good to keep his job. But short term gains now like signing a great point guard to a one year deal, don't build the longterm value of your team. I as stockholder am interested in the longterm value of our team, not short sighted numbers like....
wow i signed a player for a short period below his true value...even though his true value can only be captured based on growing over mulitple season's with the team. The rule of thumb is that you always sign Hi IQ basketball players for longer than one season no matter what because the team begin the crash after this season once you allow the high iq player to go to a higher bidder You pay extra to make sure that this scenario doesn't happen. Yet the wizards are exactlly in this scenario at this moment in time. After livingston transforms this culture temporarily, we will allow him to bolt to the highest bidder again, and the IQ culure of the organization will come crashing down. The quicker he is signed to a multi year deal, the more at ease shareholders can feel about eh future of the team. It's that simple people. TEd and the Fans are interested in the longterm value of this organization beyond this season and we should pay extra to ensure that fragile iq of this change of culture in DC isn't disrupted when the season is over. The likelihood of the wizards experience a huge drop in IQ after having shaun be here temporarily for 70 plus games is high likely as of 11/21/2012. Let's hope Leonsis doesn't keep this cloud of doubt about positive change a season from now in doubt for much longer. It's always worth it to pay a little more for security, and unlike arenas, who has a low basketball iq and drop of in value when he was hurt, this isn't the case with having a player of jason kidd's iq on the sidelines interacting with your franchise players for the next few seasons. I hope leonsis get's it because its all up to him. none of the fans or even grunfeld have the power teh secure the wizard's iq foundation future. HIring the san antonio assistant was a great move but signing livingston will be even greater. There is my argument for disrupting group think for the wizards. I guess i am still a believer if Ted the SAvior.
popper
Veteran
And1: 361

Post#20 » by popper » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:26 pm

I'd give SL another year at $2M - $3M. I like him and agree his IQ is pretty decent. Love his in the paint 14 foot jump shot and size defensively.

Return to Washington Wizards