ImageImageImageImageImage

Sign Livingston Longterm ASAP #1 Priority Thread!!

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Re: Sign Livingston Longterm ASAP #1 Priority Thread!! 

Post#21 » by payitforward » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Oh I agree -- we need to tie this guy up (contractually I mean) -- who cares whether he can play productively.

Surely we all understand that we need to build a great team on some level other than wins and losses, where we don't seem to be able to make much headway. We can be great on the basketball IQ front. Ok, someone needs to come up w/ a test for bball iq that takes place somewhere other than the floor and at some time other than during a game.

Whatever test we come up with, I'm counting on Shaun to ace it. Be great, Shaun. Be great, Wizards.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#22 » by AFM » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:09 pm

WizD you are probably my favorite poster. I don't even think you know how funny your posts are.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#23 » by payitforward » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Not to hijack this thread, but I wonder how many of you realize that the Celtics just waived Darko Milicic.

This may be one of the few highpick-busts still out there for the Wizards. I think we need him and bad. Today.

Dunno about his test-taking skills, however....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#24 » by Ed Wood » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Only to see who among us could at this point somehow get excited about Darko, and indignant that he isn't being used properly. Basically an avenue to self-disgrace, that's what he brings to the table.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#25 » by Nivek » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:31 am

I think Darko has untapped basketball IQ. He just needs a long-term contract along with the chance to play alongside Livingston.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#26 » by Ed Wood » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:45 am

Nivek wrote:I think Darko has untapped basketball IQ. He just needs a long-term contract along with the chance to play alongside Livingston.

Darko considers the prospect with contemptuous indifference, as he does life generally.
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#27 » by sashae » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:29 am

I need an excuse to wear my Darko Pistons jersey. Do it up, Ernie!
ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
payitforward
RealGM

Post#28 » by payitforward » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Nivek wrote:I think Darko has untapped basketball IQ. He just needs a long-term contract along with the chance to play alongside Livingston.

... and to have Hands explain how good he is? :)
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#29 » by WizarDynasty » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:24 pm

11/25 continuing to monitor the progress of intellectual foundation of the backcourt players. Leonsis, livingston should be your personal consultant for anything related to basketball. That alone is worth his contract.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#30 » by dangermouse » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Well, ever since Wall got here and Hinrich and Arenas left, we have been crying for a veteran back-up PG.

SL is probably the best we'll get, might as well lock him in for a couple of seasons.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#31 » by Nivek » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Don't know about you, but I'm blown away with Livingston's hoops IQ so far. Small sample size, but it's not just the .417 efg, 96 ortg, or 3.8 assists per 36 minutes -- it's the way he's getting them. WOW!
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
AFM
General Manager

Post#32 » by AFM » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Now now Kevin, do you want another surface to air missile?
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#33 » by Nivek » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:38 pm

Why would WizD fire on me (again)? I'm supporting his contention with cold, hard, statistical facts. It takes the finest hoops IQ of a generation to post career numbers like Livingston's .462 efg, 5.5 assists per 36 minutes, and an ortg of 100. And again, it's not just the numbers themselves that make observers say WOW, it's the way he gets them.
-- Malcolm Gladwell

AFM
General Manager

Post#34 » by AFM » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:28 pm

cwb3
Rookie
And1: 85

Post#35 » by cwb3 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:11 pm

montestewart wrote:Players really should wait until they're rookie coaches to become GMs.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#36 » by closg00 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:55 pm

I wish to withdraw/amend my support of SL. I would rather we put our efforts into plucking an overlooked player in-need of an opportunity like Orlando's Brian Roberts. Alternately I would sign him to a 1-year vet minimum deal if we had no other prospects.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#37 » by WizarDynasty » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 pm

roberts seems like a decent offensive burst off the bench for a change of pace but he definitely isn't changing teh culture like a longterm deal with Livingston will.
Wizards will continue be a low iq bunch until they get at least a part-time high bbiq floor general with off the court high level play design aptitude.
An offensive burst player almost never improves the longterm basketball iq of his team which is how you move from mediocre to deep playoff. The team has a need for talent no matter where it comes from but talent with high BBIQ has to be the priority especially with a low bbiq franchise point guard longterm. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL8GxWo6K1M[/youtube]
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#38 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:35 pm

closg00 wrote:I wish to withdraw/amend my support of SL. I would rather we put our efforts into plucking an overlooked player in-need of an opportunity like Orlando's Brian Roberts. Alternately I would sign him to a 1-year vet minimum deal if we had no other prospects.

Instead of Livingston, who already missed a game hurt, why not give a new guy a shot?

Josh Akognon is pretty similar to Brian Roberts. Scoring guard who can play point. Big-time success in a foreign league. Akognon blew up in SL--the Vegas Summer league.
Bye bye Beal.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,604

Post#39 » by pancakes3 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:19 am

I would be wary of d-league guards. There are a lot of NBA castoffs that are making d-leaguers look like fools but would never be able to hack if let back into the league. Guys like Marcus Banks who's dropping 18ppg on 50/40/85 shooting percentages, or our old friend Antonio Daniels who's a top 5 pg in the D-League, or Blake Ahearn who consistently tears the d-league apart but never lasts in NBA call-ups.

And not to further crap on our suggestion, CCJ but Akognon isn't even listed at 6 feet. If all-conference stars like Sean Singletary or go further back - Khalid El-Amin can't hack it in the NBA, I don't think hot-handed d-leaguers can.

As for Brian Roberts, in all likelihood he'll pan out like Sundiata Gaines or Eric Maynor.

BTW, all of the guys mentioned thus far are only marginally better than Shelvin Mack. I don't understand why EG found his play to be so egregious that we had to cut him in favor of... Pargo.
Bullets -> Wizards
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#40 » by BigA » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:21 pm

he a bust

Return to Washington Wizards