We're back in the hunt, baby!

:clap:
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,584

Re: Go to the REDSKINS Forum 

Post#23 » by penbeast0 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:41 am

Certainly a place with more thanks going on than here . . . always good to beat Dallas and have a potential superstar to root for. :)
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#24 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:35 am

penbeast0 wrote:Certainly a place with more thanks going on than here . . . always good to beat Dallas and have a potential superstar to root for. :)

True, Morris does have that potential!
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#25 » by W. Unseld » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Feeling depressed about the Wiz? Meditate on the following positive, uplifting mantra:
R
G

Or better yet just come post over on the Skins board.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#26 » by hands11 » Tue Dec 4, 2012 1:52 am

HUGE GAME

Skin vs Giant on Monday night.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#27 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Dec 4, 2012 2:30 pm

Huge win over the Giants.

The Redskins are back in the playoff hunt, but I am surprised to discover that the Giants can win the division with a better overall record; and thus NYG still controls their destiny if they run the table with 4 wins. The good news, they have a very tough schedule the rest of the way. (see the link below)

Here is a link to a great web site. It lists playoff statuses, every team's schedule, week-by-week games, etc.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/redskinsstandings.html
Bye bye Beal.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#28 » by LyricalRico » Tue Dec 4, 2012 3:05 pm

Raf has also set up a playoff scenarios thread, here:

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=1215664

Go Skins!

Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#29 » by Nivek » Tue Dec 4, 2012 3:23 pm

On Sunday, I renewed my look at whether Griffin is the best rookie QB EVER.

Summary: Yup.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#30 » by Severn Hoos » Tue Dec 4, 2012 3:39 pm

Kev - I was so disappointed in your blog. Oh, not the article on Griffin, that was right on the money, and I agree that he (and, Luck) have got to be considered the best rookie QBs ever. (Although it may be noted that many great QBs didn't get the chance to play as rookies, so we'll never know if they could have been better, but what we do know is that these two guys have to be considered the best ever to play as rookies.)

No, the reason I was disappointed is that your sig says the blog is about the Redskins, Wizards, Nationals, and Capitols, but there was not one single article about Red Auerbach and Bones McKinney...
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#31 » by LyricalRico » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Calling all Skins fans...

...time to get ready for the game of the year on Sunday! Post all your anti-Cowgirl sentiments here:

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=1222637

Go Skins!

Mickstix
Junior
And1: 27

Post#32 » by Mickstix » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:03 am

What a difference a month and a half makes!! Early Nov. I was ready to hand Shanny and Co. their walking papers.. Then a spark caught fire in DC and here we are!! 7th on the NFL power ranking list, riding a 6 game winning streak.. 1 game from taking the NFCE!! Sunday can't get here fast enough!! HAIL!!
Mick
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#33 » by LyricalRico » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 pm

Bump for impending free agency in a couple weeks. Discuss your thoughts here:

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=1233785

Go Skins!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#34 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:15 pm

If you haven't heard already, Cooley has retired from the NFL. Please visit the Skins forum to read about what he's doing next, and discuss your favorite Cooley moments.

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=1264785

And give it up one last time for COOOOOOOOOOO-ley!!!
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,302

Post#35 » by dobrojim » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:35 pm

Cooley married a very attractive former Washington NFL franchise cheerleader, IIRC.
I wouldn't think his retirement activities, after earning a major chunk of cash as
a player, would be all that complicated. <BG>

BTW - the name has got to change. It's a racial epithet/slur. You can prove
this by the simple test of whether you would go to a native american
reservation and use this term in 'polite' conversation. Me thinks not.

It shouldn't enjoy trademark protection.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by W. Unseld » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Please don't be true, even though it probably is b/c the woman of Richmond (including the paralegals in my office) have been a little too excited about professional football players coming to town for months now:

http://deadspin.com/bidding-is-now-open ... -799919077
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by W. Unseld » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm going crazy--I could have sworn CCJ gave a good response to this story and now it's completely gone.
RealGM

Post#38 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:28 pm

I did. You were supposed to see it. I thought it was TMI and a worse case, my real life story.
Bye bye Beal.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by W. Unseld » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am

CCJ, not only did I think it was good it was nearly the exact speech my firm's divorce lawyer gave months ago on what a bad move it would be for RG3 to get married given the current state of divorce law for men & how many woman would be throwing themselves at him.
RealGM

Post#40 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:27 am

In that case, I will reiterate.

If RGIII were my son, I would have spoken to him about getting married.

The first thing I would tell him is anything you do will be made public. Women are going to throw themselves at you and they won't leave you and your wife alone.

Separation can contribute to infidelity. Having fame and money will give ample opportunities for something unexpected to occur. I was the cheater 20 years ago, when my first marriage ended.

Even being 100% faithful doesn't mean you won't become divorced. I took care of three boys while my ex was overseas twice. She bailed out on me and the kids, but not before blaming me and initiating a costly divorce. I won, but at a great cost financially and emotionally. I consider her an enemy, probably for life.

What I would have told RGIII is before you get married, attend premarital counseling. Find out in advanced what expectations and both short and long range goals you both have. What kind of career and family goals do you have? What do you do when you disagree? How well or poorly can you communicate during good and bad times? How will you raise children? You should know ahead of time how close or far apart you are. If there is a deal breaker that makes you say no to getting married before you do it. How about the two of you and faith. Is one person going to tithe or become active in a church and the other watch sports? Are the in laws a train wreck? Yours? Will there be huge stress if you marry? Then Don't! ... CONSIDER YOURSELF FORTUNATE. Do the smart thing and part, friends or otherwise. Don't go ahead with the marriage because of plans of a wedding or a child on the way (first marriage she was pregnant and getting married back in the day seemed like the thing to do). Take the short-term anguish, embarrassment, guilt, hurt and get out with just that. ....

But more importantly than marriage counseling (by all means faith based if you are a person of faith!) , I would take anyone thinking of getting together to the county family court. I would take them to where wage garnishments for child support are made at the county clerk's office. Eighteen years of monthly payments, plus school costs if they go to college are what you might pay. I recall 20% coming right off the top of my pay. You don't know if the new boyfriend or girlfriend are getting the money you send to the ex. New car or furniture for her and perhaps some school supplies, Pampers, whatever she may spend. Or maybe the in-laws get the money you pay for child support. TOUGH! Your responsibility is to keep it coming. You could even never miss a payment (as I did) and STILL BE HATED by the ex. That's a worse-case, but it happens.

Taking care of kids financially, materially, physically, emotionally, etc. what parents are supposed to do. It's really tough when you can't see the child. I would try to let RGIII or anyone else to see how that might feel to lose custody. If your child is thousands of miles away or if you only get to see them in the summer, or every-other holiday, or under some weird circumstances ordered by the court; that's not fun. But it happens. I know.

So far, I've talked about premarital counseling and child support ... but that's not where the real drama is....

The next stops would be to the divorce attorney's office and later, to family court at the local courthouse to see how divorce works. I would show him how it feels to put down thousands for a retainer. Three hundred an hour may be nothing to RG, but seeing his house be taken away and giving a lawyer tens of thousands (as I have) while someone you loved and might still care for does the most vicious , destructive things--that might make him think twice about marriage. Paying 1300 for one day, when you and twenty-five other couples are waiting hours for your judge is not fun. Copies, certified copies, process servers, police if there is some drama (she could disappear with the kids or disobey the judge; or, she could file for sole custody -- all this raises your legal fees!). People need to know this happens FREQUENTLY among divorcing couples.

I would just educate and then say pray on getting married. If and only if after you've seen the worst that might happen, the statistics on divorce, how lawyers and judges bend you over and don't give a damn other than than 20 minutes or hour and a half in court , and after you pray-- then I say you have my blessings.

I think RGIII will later regret getting married. Women won't leave alone. His lady has a past. The guy is loaded but money isn't all yo can lose. Having trust broken and your family ripped apart is devastating--unless you basically are the one who moves on and who thinks they are all that. Some people are very care free and as long as they're banging someone hotter or more of a stud or richer or younger; those people are good in their own eyes.

But if you are loyal and trusting, divorce can be absolute HELL.

As a Christian, I would like to have had one wife, been faithful, and live happily ever after. All I can say is God is good. I could be worse off. My sons are well. My daughter, last I heard from her, is interesting in med school. Considering everything, I am blessed. I am happy to see my kids grow up and I would do things all over again for the privilege of raising kids. I am far from perfect so who am I to be bitter?

But if I were in RGIII or any other athlete's place, unless I was marrying a childhood sweetheart and we only knew each other and we had premarital counseling that went well--there is no way in hell I would marry.

Nice guys with money DO finish last. There is nothing nice about divorce. If you don't get married you don't have to be LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE and LIABLE TO LOSE MORE THAN HALF OF WHAT YOU'RE WORTH.

RG3 can't get away with seeing a Hooter's girl on the side. She gets famous by wrecking his marriage. All the women knew Tiger Woods were married. They opened their legs any way. Being married won't stop your wife from opening hers, if she succumbs to whatever. Being married won't make your so-called friends not have sex with your spouse. Nothing like having a best friend sleep with your wife. Nothing like having a church member start running from you or driving off like Tony Stewart on a race way when he sees you coming, because he's scared. Nothing like having your spouse stop wanting sex with you because they're getting it somewhere else.

OR, IF YOU'RE THE CHEAT, and I've been there, too, when I would just a bit older than RG III; it's bad when you feel ashamed for breaking a vow you made before God.

All I have to say is the worst mistake I ever made was marriage, and I did it twice. Really, not marrying the right one in the first place was even worse.

If anyone reads this and it helps them, great. If not, I'm just telling my story. I've seen others go through it just as badly. But others manage to be civil and friends after the divorce. I only know a VERY SELECT FEW who are happily married. In those cases, one or both left others unhappy.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards