The Grizzlies have the best record in the NBA...

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Re: The Grizzlies have the best record in the NBA... 

Post#121 » by sisibilio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 am

sfernald wrote:
[GR] wrote:Memphis' schedule gets a lot easier too:

Nov, 19th VS Denver
Nov, 23th VS LA Lakers
Nov, 26th VS Cleveland
Nov, 28th VS Toronto
Nov, 30th VS Detroit

All at home, and the only tough game is the Lakers.

If the Grizz are anything like the Clippers, better watch out for those cupcake games. For some reason the clippers always come out so latharic against weak teams and then play right at their level. Worry about those more than the big game now whee I know their energy will be high.

That's what happened in Charlotte yesterday but still managed to get the win. Having a good bench is of critical importance to overcome those kind of games.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#122 » by The Skyhook » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:21 am

Scarey to think how good they could have been if they drafted Harden in 2009 instead of Thabeet
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#123 » by sisibilio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:29 am

The Skyhook wrote:Scarey to think how good they could have been if they drafted Harden in 2009 instead of Thabeet

They never considered Harden f i recall correctly, the other possible choices were Evans or Rubio, and maybe Curry.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#124 » by JoseRizal » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:13 am

The Grizzlies are a very underrated team. Had Zbo not been injured, they would've created noise last season...
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,762

Post#125 » by Upperclass » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:35 am

Grizz shouldve been in the championship game two years ago. The refs gave that series to OKC. Love watching this team play.. they remind me of a 80s squad. Gritty, tough
orange_juice32
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Post#126 » by orange_juice32 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:01 am

Upperclass wrote:Grizz shouldve been in the championship game two years ago. The refs gave that series to OKC. Love watching this team play.. they remind me of a 80s squad. Gritty, tough

lol no. no one was stopping Dirk in 2011
commadoor 64
Starter
And1: 26

Post#127 » by commadoor 64 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:57 pm

orange_juice32 wrote:
Upperclass wrote:Grizz shouldve been in the championship game two years ago. The refs gave that series to OKC. Love watching this team play.. they remind me of a 80s squad. Gritty, tough

Lol. Memphis beat Dallas 3 out of 4 times that year. Being such a huge Dallas fan for so long, thought you might remember that.

Miami has only beaten Memphis once since the LeBron/Bosh era started.

So it's no stretch that if Memphis has beaten the thunder, our front court could have caused your front Court problems, like they had all year already.
BD12
Lead Assistant
And1: 132

Post#128 » by BD12 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:58 pm

^What are the chances of Tony Allen coming back next season?
Heat fan06
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#129 » by Heat fan06 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Easy schedule coming up
Credit to MK
commadoor 64
Starter

Post#130 » by commadoor 64 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:04 pm

BD12 wrote:^What are the chances of Tony Allen coming back next season?

I'd say 50/50 at best.
teamgrizz
Junior
And1: 17

Post#131 » by teamgrizz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Its funny that he said no one was stopping Dirk. How exactly was Dirk going to stop ZBo or Marc? Chandler could have only guarded one of them.

As for TA, I'll give it a 50/50 chance. The Grizzlies have Ellington (who is playing well enough to get a new deal by the end of the year), Pondexter and Selby still in the oven. If Ellington can continue to be play the way he's currently playing along with Pondexter, I think its less likely TA returns. The defense has been stellar without TA in the lineup.
commadoor 64
Starter

Post#132 » by commadoor 64 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:21 pm

TAs minutes are down this year.

I do, however, keep forgetting he had knee surgery just a few months ago and barely played preseason. So that might be the reason.

I think if he does go, it would hurt the Grizz more than one would think. The whole defensive intensity had come about and still somewhat feeds off of him.
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#133 » by sisibilio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:47 pm

commadoor 64 wrote:TAs minutes are down this year.

I do, however, keep forgetting he had knee surgery just a few months ago and barely played preseason. So that might be the reason.

I think if he does go, it would hurt the Grizz more than one would think. The whole defensive intensity had come about and still somewhat feeds off of him.

I think it'll come down to choose between TA or Speights. If Mo doesn't pick up his player option (unlikely) or can be extended for cheap (less than the MLE) Tony might be gone, otherwise i'd try to find a cheaper big man and retain Allen.
@MikePradaSBN

commadoor 64
Starter

Post#134 » by commadoor 64 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:06 am

Bad news for the rest of the league...

Darrell Arthur is back and is gonna debut against the Lakers!

Finally we get to see the Grizz full big man rotation and a true 10 man rotation for the 1st time.
Exciting times my friends, exciting times!
http://m.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/nov/22/grizzlies-darrell-arthur-ready-for-season-debut/?partner=RSS
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#135 » by TwentyOne920 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:10 am

Conley/Bayless
Allen/Ellington
Gay/Pondexter
Randolph/Arthur
Gasol/Speights

Grizz gonna eat the soft Lakers alive
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
commadoor 64
Starter

Post#136 » by commadoor 64 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:25 am

TwentyOne920 wrote:Conley/Bayless
Allen/Ellington
Gay/Pondexter
Randolph/Arthur
Gasol/Speights

Well, Arthur just gives the Grizz another big to continue doing what they do.
Speights slides to the 5 where he's better suited and Arthur is just a much better Speights at the 4.

Arthur should very quickly become 1st off the bench. Marc and Zbo will get more rest, just exciting to finally have him back, he was so instrumental during that time Rudy was down and during that Spurs/OKC run. He hasn't been back on the court since then. Grizz really missed him last year.
OneWhoKnocks
Sixth Man
And1: 139

Post#137 » by OneWhoKnocks » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:19 am

Allen/Ellington
Gay/Pondexter
Randolph/Arthur
Gasol/Speights

I'm thinking that too. The Grizz are a +5.4 to win I believe, but I'm always hesistant on betting against the Lakers especially with the lineup they have. I would of won a good amount of cash if I bet based on my instinct for some of the recent losses the Lakers had. :evil:
orange_juice32
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Post#138 » by orange_juice32 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:07 am

commadoor 64 wrote:
orange_juice32 wrote:

Lol. Memphis beat Dallas 3 out of 4 times that year. Being such a huge Dallas fan for so long, thought you might remember that.

Miami has only beaten Memphis once since the LeBron/Bosh era started.

So it's no stretch that if Memphis has beaten the thunder, our front court could have caused your front Court problems, like they had all year already.

Regular season doesn't mean a whole lot when you're talking about good teams. A month before the playoffs the Lakers went to Dallas and won by 5, and then blew the Mavs out at Staples a few weeks after that. Are we gonna act like the Heat didn't get swept by the Bulls in the regular season? Boston went 3-1 against the Heat. What happened in the playoffs to both those teams?

In the playoffs, it's all about who's clicking, and to be honest, Dallas was humming at a way higher wavelength than any team out West. Let's not act like Carlisle wouldn't have been able to make the necessary adjustments against Gasol/Zbo with two good defensive bigs like Haywood and Chandler at his disposal and a roster of smart defensive players who played good team D.

PS I don't remember those games but now that I looked back through those box scores, Tyson Chandler was missing for the last two losses. So there you go.
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#139 » by TwentyOne920 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:05 am

OneWhoKnocks wrote:
Allen/Ellington
Gay/Pondexter
Randolph/Arthur
Gasol/Speights

I'm thinking that too. The Grizz are a +5.4 to win I believe, but I'm always hesistant on betting against the Lakers especially with the lineup they have. I would of won a good amount of cash if I bet based on my instinct for some of the recent losses the Lakers had. :evil:

Considering that D'Antoni's system doesn't fully use the advantage the Lakers have size-wise and how he doesn't limit starter's minutes, the Grizz can simply out-deep and out-size them.
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
blizzard
Senior
And1: 195

Post#140 » by blizzard » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:24 pm

I hope the Grizz won't disappoint in this 5 game homestand. They tend to lose concentration when they play against "bad" teams.
Everyone underrated Kobe's ego and just thought he would be Paul Pierce when Garnett and Allen joined, instead he went Black Mamba and turned Dwight into Kwame and Nash into Smush.

Return to The General Board