The Official Waiver Wire Thread

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,860

Re: The Official Waiver Wire Thread 

Post#61 » by Spicy P » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:23 am

Jermaine O'Neal is averaging some nice numbers in his last 4 games. Do you guys think he'll continue this? I really need a shotblocker and rebounder, but I have a limited amount of roster moves in this league and already used about 40% of them, so I don't want to waste anymore.
ChrispShots
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#62 » by ChrispShots » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:02 pm

The Bucks' frontcourt is deep. Who is most likely to get playing time: Dalembert, Henson, or Sanders?
quantity
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#63 » by quantity » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:43 pm

^ I wouldn't count on any of those guys to get consistent minutes.
scalaciraptor
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#64 » by scalaciraptor » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:13 pm

SalamiNCheez wrote:Jermaine O'Neal is averaging some nice numbers in his last 4 games. Do you guys think he'll continue this? I really need a shotblocker and rebounder, but I have a limited amount of roster moves in this league and already used about 40% of them, so I don't want to waste anymore.

I picked him up in my league where the moves are a bit more generous... Long-term I don't think he'll keep this up. He's bound to get hurt and players like Scola and Gortat will likely rebound at some point in time.

He's a short-term solution IMO.
scalaciraptor
Banned User

Post#65 » by scalaciraptor » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm in a large 16+ H2H league, and am seriously considering moving Melo... I'm shooting for Westbrook+ but if push comes to shove what do you guys think of trading Carmelo for Westbrook straight-up?

(My concerns are how Westbrook will negatively impact my team in turnovers, and how my team will drop off in scoring, my second best scorer right now is Wes Matthews at 17 ppg, followed by Al Jefferson at around 15 ppg (should rise eventually))
CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,716

Post#66 » by CableKC » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:43 am

scalaciraptor wrote:I'm in a large 16+ H2H league, and am seriously considering moving Melo... I'm shooting for Westbrook+ but if push comes to shove what do you guys think of trading Carmelo for Westbrook straight-up?

(My concerns are how Westbrook will negatively impact my team in turnovers, and how my team will drop off in scoring, my second best scorer right now is Wes Matthews at 17 ppg, followed by Al Jefferson at around 15 ppg (should rise eventually))

4 Questions:

1 ) Why are you considering trading Melo in the first place?
2 ) Are you more concerned about decreasing your scoring while increasing your turnovers at the cost of increased assists and steals?
3 ) Is your PG rotation that bad that you would want to lose a top tier scorer to improve your PG rotation?
4 ) Are you able to do a 2 Player trade involving sending out a lesser PG in exchange for Westbrook while getting back a decent but consistent Scorer to offset the loss of Melo at your SF/PF rotation?

A straight up trade expose you to losing out on some scoring and increasing your Turnovers.....while involving another scorer in the trade could make offset some of these losses.
- In 2024, you are not voting for a "Democrat" or "Republican". You are voting for the Party that will defend Democracy and protect the most vulnerable among us.

#THE_GOP_IS_DEAD
#IT_IS_THE_PARTY_OF_TRUMP_NOW
Yilun
Freshman

Post#67 » by Yilun » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:20 am

Good pickups this week:

1) Markieff Morris - very productive whilst in the starting lineup for PHO
2) Jeremy Pargo - good 4-week option with Irving sidelined
3) Antawn Jamison - looks like D'Antoni has finally found a way to get him 28 mpg and it's making a difference
4) Jermaine O'Neal - has worked himself into PHO rotation and is a cheap source of rebounds/blocks
5) Aaron Brooks - seems like the starting PG for Sac going forward (for now)
6) Kyle Singler - unique combination of scoring, rebounding and treys potential

Players to cut:
1) Alex Shved - his time is over with Barea and Kevin Love both back and Rubio on the cusp of returning
2) Marcus Morris - seems like he has fallen a bit out of the PHO rotation
3) Rashard Lewis - has fallen out of the Heat rotation
4) Larry Sanders - doesn't seem like he will be able to get consistent minutes in MIL or stay out of foul trouble
Spicy P
RealGM

Post#68 » by Spicy P » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Jeffery Taylor worth a pickup? Putting up a decent amount of points, threes, steals in his last 4 games. I'm just afraid he won't get very many minutes once Henderson comes back.
quantity
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#69 » by quantity » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Chauncey Billups is returning to action tonight.
Apathy
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#70 » by Apathy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:28 pm

O'Neal is a decent desperate FA option. We know the Suns make people healthy and JON can always get blocks. Depends on your league settings, but based on you being on limited moves, no, that doesn't sound wise.

ChrispShots wrote:The Bucks' frontcourt is deep. Who is most likely to get playing time: Dalembert, Henson, or Sanders?

Sanders will give you the most quality minutes but had the highest foul rate in the L last year. He can't stay on the court.

Dalembert always produces well even when not getting minutes, so he's a fail-safe option because of his floor.

Bucks will just go with the hot hand until they finally make a trade.

scalaciraptor wrote:I'm in a large 16+ H2H league, and am seriously considering moving Melo...

How can you expect help on such a critical move w/o posting your settings/roster?
fsunoles46
Ballboy

Post#71 » by fsunoles46 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:05 pm

SalamiNCheez wrote:Jeffery Taylor worth a pickup? Putting up a decent amount of points, threes, steals in his last 4 games. I'm just afraid he won't get very many minutes once Henderson comes back.

Thats pretty much it...he's a good pickup in the short run in fairly deep leagues but theres no way he's hopping over hendo in the rotation
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#72 » by Knicker23 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:43 pm

I'm confused how the waiver process works. I'm in a h2h Yahoo league, someone just dropped Stat a few hours ago.. I added him, and now it's says 'will join roster on Monday if successful' -- what if others motion to do the same thing between now and then? Is it random odds or something?

** Nevermind, I see the waiver priority list.
NjNeTs1029
Starter
And1: 98

Post#73 » by NjNeTs1029 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Barnes or Waiters?
ironicteeshirt
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#74 » by ironicteeshirt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Knicker23 wrote:I'm confused how the waiver process works. I'm in a h2h Yahoo league, someone just dropped Stat a few hours ago.. I added him, and now it's says 'will join roster on Monday if successful' -- what if others motion to do the same thing between now and then? Is it random odds or something?

** Nevermind, I see the waiver priority list.

Also the person that successfully claims a player off waivers then receives the lowest (worst) waiver priority afterwards, while everyone else gets bumped up one spot.
michaelc204
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#75 » by michaelc204 » Sat Dec 1, 2012 6:13 am

I've got a few mediocre players on board...

CP3/Nash/Ridnour
Monta/JR/Terry
Tyreke/ET
Love/Scola/Hump
Dwight/M Gasol/DeAndre

Should I drop any of the bolded players for Alonzo Gee, Vince Carter, Antawn Jamison, Dunleavy, Jason Thompson, Ben Gordon, Vecevic, Jeremy Pargo, Jordan Crawford
TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Post#76 » by TheFreshPrince » Sat Dec 1, 2012 8:03 pm

Is Avery Bradley worth a look? I'm in a 16 team head-to-head league and to say the options on the waiver wire are slim pickins would be an understatement. What do you think he can provide statistically this year?
Apathy
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#77 » by Apathy » Sat Dec 1, 2012 10:38 pm

He's worth a look based on your info. Dunno what stats he'll get -- I'd guess decent in 3s, steals. He's certainly the team's 2nd best guard -- he single-handedly turned the Celts into a threat last year -- so I'd grab him.
Spicy P
RealGM

Post#78 » by Spicy P » Sat Dec 1, 2012 10:55 pm

There's so many guards on that Celtics team with Terry, Lee, Barbosa, Bradley. Not sure how consistent his minutes will be.
TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Post#79 » by TheFreshPrince » Sat Dec 1, 2012 11:52 pm

I need something right now. When should Shumpert be back? I prefer him but he seems further away.
InBCItrust
Sophomore

Post#80 » by InBCItrust » Sun Dec 2, 2012 4:05 am

Shumpert is coming back some time in January.
Derek Fisher worth a pickup in a 20 team league?

Return to Fantasy Basketball