ImageImageImage

OT - Philadunkia, Steve Toll

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

OT - Philadunkia, Steve Toll 

Post#1 » by MountainDrew » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:07 pm

I was wondering if anyone else reads anything from philadunkia (they are featured at espn), and especially this Steve Toll guy... He has some of the worst articles you will ever read, and is kind of rude in the comment section too... I basically got this other writer to join my war against him lol. Not too hard to disagree when he says that JR Smith is a good defender, Lou is a better player than Jrue, they should not have traded Dre for Bynum, RAnderson is a superstar, he would trade Jrue for Taj Gibson, etc etc.

http://philadunkia.com/?p=7521#more-7521
http://philadunkia.com/?p=7506#more-7506
http://philadunkia.com/?p=7640#more-7640

Anyone reads their stuff, anyone else annoyed by Steve Troll?
Trust the Process
Koponen
Bench Warmer
And1: 82

Re: OT - Philadunkia, Steve Toll 

Post#2 » by Koponen » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:07 pm

The guy is a complete clown with no sense of the way transactions work in the NBA... It's why I never read Philadunkia.
nickbman
Starter
And1: 32

Post#3 » by nickbman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah, that guy is awul and sad it's affiliated with ESPN or w/e.

pretty sure he said stuckey was better than jrue.
MountainDrew
Veteran

Post#4 » by MountainDrew » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Just amzing how someone like that can actually get affiliated with ESPN... Just sad.
Trust the Process
MeCarlos24
Rookie
And1: 52

Post#5 » by MeCarlos24 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:43 am

MountainDrew wrote:Just amzing how someone like that can actually get affiliated with ESPN... Just sad.

Not really, ESPN is trash to begin with...
“There are a few prerequisites to inventing...You have to be willing to fail. You have to be willing to think long-term. You have to be willing to be misunderstood for long periods of time."
- Jeff Bezos
MountainDrew
Veteran

Post#6 » by MountainDrew » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:45 pm

After rhe okc game he managed to predict he was gonna play even worse against phx and that he is the 7th best pg of the division. Lol. Based on win shares and ****.
Trust the Process
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#7 » by CoreyGallagher » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Steve, taking trolling to a new level, Toll, how he still writes for that blog is beyond me and completely diminishes their credibility. There is subjective and then there is just outright stupid.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Typeical
Lead Assistant
And1: 36

Post#8 » by Typeical » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:18 pm

He's just a nerd who is obsessed with numbers because his BBall Iq is lacking. His style of writing always comes off incriminating as if he is always right and everyone else is wrong. His bizarre POV's are painfully obvious for attention.
bballin76
Senior
And1: 10

Post#9 » by bballin76 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:40 am

Pretty sure he's writing this way to garner attention and traffic for the site since agreeing with everyone else isn't causing them to stand out, despite the ESPN affliation. Probably doing this for more site traffic and dollars, even though its painfully obvious his opinions are factually wrong.
Phillyfan20
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Phillyfan20 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:06 am

Lou Williams? Better than Jrue Holiday. Jesus. Even my friends who didn't know much about Lou realized how bad he actually was after watching him for about five minutes. I am so happy with Nick Young replacing Shotclock Lou. Also, How could you say pg is the least important position in the NBA. Honestly arguably the most important position. Teams don't win championships with mediocore pgs. This guy seems to be writing just to irritate people.
eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Post#11 » by eliasrapp98 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:34 am

He is arguably the stupidest writer I have ever seen...
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
nickbman
Starter
And1: 32

Post#12 » by nickbman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:11 am

MountainDrew wrote:After rhe okc game he managed to predict he was gonna play even worse against phx and that he is the 7th best pg of the division. Lol. Based on win shares and ****.

Lol, where did he say that at?
MountainDrew
Veteran

Post#13 » by MountainDrew » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:59 am

http://philadunkia.com/?p=7676#more-7676

Scroll down to the comments.
Trust the Process
bballin76
Senior
And1: 10

Post#14 » by bballin76 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:15 pm

He's become the internet's Skip Bayless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MountainDrew
Veteran

Post#15 » by MountainDrew » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Phillyfan20 wrote:Lou Williams? Better than Jrue Holiday. Jesus. Even my friends who didn't know much about Lou realized how bad he actually was after watching him for about five minutes. I am so happy with Nick Young replacing Shotclock Lou. Also, How could you say pg is the least important position in the NBA. Honestly arguably the most important position. Teams don't win championships with mediocore pgs. This guy seems to be writing just to irritate people.

I told him that too. But NOOO, because in the last 20 years the point guard has had the least contributions in win shares, blah blah. He apparently told me for fact that the most important position in bball is like this: C-PF-SF-SG-PG. Lol who actually makes a team like that (I believe I answered C-PG-PF-SF-SG, although now I believe a good wing is more inmportant than a second big). It also doesn't explain why he was so against Bynum for Iguodala, other than that he overvalues (in my opinion) Hark and Vuc (at least in the trade for Bynum itself), but of course a team of role players works better than a star team as long as the have good win shares and ****. Can't believe he wanted meeks, anderson barnes and birdman instead of Bynum.
Trust the Process
Phillyfan20
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#16 » by Phillyfan20 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:59 pm

The only situation where an all-star pg isn't a teams biggest asset, is if we had one or two superstars to run this team. Even with superstars, you need a solid pg. Derek Fisher, Tony Parker, Jason Kidd.. John Stockton took the Jazz to to the Finals twice and if it wasn't for Jordan's Bulls they would of won. Gary Payton ran the Sonics offense along with Kemp. Steve Kerr was of huge value for the late Chicago Bulls. What I'm trying to say is that Jrue can be a great asset. I love seeing his improvement and there's no doubt his new contract has given him a different mind-set this year. Dudes still only 22! Numbers don't mean ****.. Sixers fans are bummed out about AB, but there's def finitely a future to look forward to.
MountainDrew
Veteran

Post#17 » by MountainDrew » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:24 pm

I agree, but Troll apparently does not want to look further than 20 years.
Trust the Process
MountainDrew
Veteran

Post#18 » by MountainDrew » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:25 pm

And waddayaknow? An article without hate and one that kind of makes sense too. Unbelievable.

http://philadunkia.com/?p=7692#more-7692
Trust the Process
MountainDrew
Veteran

Post#19 » by MountainDrew » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:09 pm

I’ll take the bait… The East All-Star at 2 guard this year as of today is a battle between (based on production): JR Smith, Korver, Lou Williams, Jason Kidd (seriously)

Lol he ruined it again. If y'all aren't interested you can just close the thread ;)
Trust the Process
MountainDrew
Veteran

Post#20 » by MountainDrew » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Sorry for bringing it up again, but in this http://philadunkia.com/?p=7844&cpage=1#comment-566768 article's comments, he said:

Iggy is better than Iverson and will be in the Hall of Fame
He did not deny that he thinks starting Meeks over Bryant is a good idea
Some 50s dude averaging 22-13 was a better player than prime Kobe

In the article itself he completely insults Jrue and Turner with a bunch of fancy stats, but simply says this about Thad:
"Thad is unquestionably the 76ers best player. He is good on both ends of the court and brings it on a nightly basis. Giving up some combination of size and strength every night is both physically and emotionally taxing. That being said, it’s going to be very tough to win a playoff series with 35 minutes of Thaddeus Young at PF. That isn’t an indictment of Thad, it’s just a reality at this point and going forward. I look forward to the day when he is allowed to start shooting 3’s again."

There is more ridiculous stuff in there. If you wanna have a laugh you can look. If you don't give a **** just tell me and I will stop posting about this lol
Trust the Process

Return to Philadelphia 76ers