ImageImageImage

We need a body at the wing Suggestions?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: We need a body at the wing Suggestions? 

Post#181 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:26 am

Jajwanda wrote:Would you do Meeks-Blake for Barea. You get a shooter that's getting hot with Brown out of the way and get out of Barea's contract early, while improving your league worst team shooting.

i dont know if blake is any better than what we have, but i'd do it for the shakeup. Barea or Ridnour, doesn't matter.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#182 » by Jajwanda » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:28 am

I'm more interested in seeing if Utah has interest in Barea in a three-way deal.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#183 » by NikolaPekovic » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:44 am

i still think terrence ross is a perfect fit for our team.

hes got handle, size at 6-7. a good shooter. and can defend.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,624

Post#184 » by thinktank » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:53 pm

southern wolf wrote:
WesJ4 wrote:MarShon Brooks is buried pretty deep on the bench in Brooklyn.

He would be a great get. Kahn should be on the phones with Brooklyn.

HOW MUCH LOUDER DO WE HAVE TO SCREAM THIS?

He would solve a lot of our problems. He plays the game the right way. Just watched Brooklyn yesterday and it's amazing how well he decides to either shoot or go hard, OR, to fake that and pass it to the man he has just helped get wide open.

He good.
What would you pay a guy putting up 18 and 11 in the playoffs?
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#185 » by Esohny » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:17 pm

NikolaPekovic wrote:i still think terrence ross is a perfect fit for our team.

hes got handle, size at 6-7. a good shooter. and can defend.

Since when does Ross have handle?
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#186 » by AQuintus » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:21 pm

hes got handle,

No he doesn't.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Post#187 » by sisibilio » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:50 pm

AQuintus wrote:

hes got handle,

No he doesn't.

But he can shoot, that's good enough.
Afflalo, Reddick, Dudley, Ross, Marshkobelite.
Get any of those ASAP and ball.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#188 » by theGreatRC » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Afflalo and Lee are the only two I would want because they are the only two that can play good D.

Redick tries hard on D, but he doesn't seem like starting 2-guard material for what we are trying to attain and that is a contender.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#189 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:17 pm

AQuintus wrote:

hes got handle,

No he doesn't.

I made this post a few days ago on the TOR board. Ross' potential on the ball is very underrated. He has never been any more of a "spot up shooter only" prospect than Beal or Barnes are

Here is a clip of Ross from the Boston game

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNMeRe-gUOI[/youtube]

:30 - Ross drives into the paint, draws in an extra defender, and makes a pass to the open 3pt shooter
1:32 - Ross uses 2 picks to drive around two Boston players, gets into the paint, finds the rolling Acy and creates a free basket
1:40 - Ross creates a 3pt shot by dribbling the ball outside the 3pt line, recognizing a breakdown in the Boston defense opening up space for him and taking the shot
1:50 - Ross recognizes a gap in the defense, drives into the paint and scores
2:53 - Ross does a great job moving off the ball, getting the handoff and driving into the paint for an and-1

This is just clips from 1 G where he scored 10 pts, but it includes 5 offensive plays that were helped created for by dribbling the ball and doing other things than just spot up shooting, including 4 drives into the paint that resulted in scoring opportunities. Ross is definitely not just a spot up shooter. He is a better ballhandler right now than Demar is, let alone rookie Demar, and he's athletic/has blow-by ability and has the awareness to make smart decisions while handling
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,962

Post#190 » by shrink » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Klomp wrote:Terrence Williams? Can we get him from China? He's been in Rick's system.

The rule in china is that a player need to finish their season in China. Now, if their Chinese team doesn't make the play-offs, that can be mid-February -- but for playoff teams it could be a month later.

Compliments on pulling the name. I hadn't thought of Terrence Williams. Maybe since Kahn was all over Russians, he's keeping the Chinese players in mind for our International House of Timberwolves roster.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,007

Post#191 » by moss_is_1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:05 am

Im hoping Kahn is trying to get one of Lee,Afflalo, Redick, Dudley, or Monta instead of trying to get some scab player until Bud comes back. Roys expiring + Dwill and one of luke or Jj is a pretty solid package to throw out to teams.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#192 » by Esohny » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:26 am

shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:Terrence Williams? Can we get him from China? He's been in Rick's system.

The rule in china is that a player need to finish their season in China. Now, if their Chinese team doesn't make the play-offs, that can be mid-February -- but for playoff teams it could be a month later.

Compliments on pulling the name. I hadn't thought of Terrence Williams. Maybe since Kahn was all over Russians, he's keeping the Chinese players in mind for our International House of Timberwolves roster.

He's got experience in the system playing poorly, and having Adelman only play him 7 minutes a game. No, I'm good.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#193 » by tranjSAIC » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:19 pm

theGreatRC wrote:Redick tries hard on D, but he doesn't seem like starting 2-guard material for what we are trying to attain and that is a contender.

I'm not trying to say Redick is a great defender or anything, but since coming into the league he has worked on every aspect of his game. Including defense, which he is now pretty solid at. He doesn't get abused anymore.

As a Magic fan just curious what you guys would offer for either Redick or Alfalo? We like them both, but they are not great for rebuilding, bastards helping us win too many games. lol
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#194 » by C.lupus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:26 pm

tranjSAIC wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:Redick tries hard on D, but he doesn't seem like starting 2-guard material for what we are trying to attain and that is a contender.

I'm not trying to say Redick is a great defender or anything, but since coming into the league he has worked on every aspect of his game. Including defense, which he is now pretty solid at. He doesn't get abused anymore.

As a Magic fan just curious what you guys would offer for either Redick or Alfalo? We like them both, but they are not great for rebuilding, bastards helping us win too many games. lol

I'd put Derrick Williams, Luke Ridnour or JJ Barea, Brandon Roy ($5M expiring in essence), and the 2013 Memphis pick on the table. You can take your pick - probably any two plus maybe the MEM pick for Afflalo, something less than that for Redick.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#195 » by tranjSAIC » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Williams for Redick? I would jump on that in a heart beat if I was the Magic's gm.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,962

Post#196 » by shrink » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:10 pm

I think for trade value it goes Reddick < Williams < Afflalo.

Williams upside is worth a shot for ORL, so for ORL fans, I'd say offer a little more value if you use Reddick, or ask for a little more value if you use Afflalo.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#197 » by C.lupus » Mon Dec 3, 2012 1:39 am

The more I think about this, the more I'm liking Redick's fit over Afflalo. Shved is coming along nicely, though he is still up and down, and could be ready to take the starters reigns next season or later this season. Redick has a short deal and the two are putting up surprisingly similar stats (and better than Afflalo).
http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 01&y3=2013
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#198 » by [RCG] » Mon Dec 3, 2012 2:27 am

C.lupus wrote:The more I think about this, the more I'm liking Redick's fit over Afflalo. Shved is coming along nicely, though he is still up and down, and could be ready to take the starters reigns next season or later this season. Redick has a short deal and the two are putting up surprisingly similar stats (and better than Afflalo).
http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 01&y3=2013

agreed. Shved's defense has been better than advertised and his playmaking has been phenomenal.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#199 » by Murphs56 » Mon Dec 3, 2012 3:47 am

Anyone watching Afflalo against the Lakers tonight? Playing some good D, 14 points at the half
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#200 » by Murphs56 » Mon Dec 3, 2012 4:51 am

Afflalo 30 points right now. Magic up by 10 on the Lakers with 2 minutes to go

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves