ImageImage

Hammond/Skiles Future

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Skiles Watch: When does he quit or get fired?

Before Thanksgiving
5%
Before New Years
26%
Before Trade Deadline
19%
After the Season
38%
Neither will happen
12%

Total votes: 42

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Hammond/Skiles Future 

Post#1 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Since many are starting to lose it and we're back to hypothetical trade scenarios. I think a legit question to ask is how long Skiles is our coach. If we're as bad as many project, I can't see him making it through the year. He'll either quit or get fired. How long of a leash do you think he has...?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Re: Skiles Watch 

Post#2 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:24 pm

I'm calling December 10th he is out. They start 6-13, get blown out at Brooklyn on Sun, December 9th and he'll get canned on the 10th. Moncrief will take over and have a couple days to get the guys in order before a home game against the Kings.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,739

Post#3 » by Treebeard » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:30 pm

When his contract is done next summer, OR if Herb closes on a sale and there is a new managing owner. I don't see Herb tying up big dollars in a coach & GM that would complicate a potential sale.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#4 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:14 pm

N8Frog wrote:Since many are starting to lose it and we're back to hypothetical trade scenarios. I think a legit question to ask is how long Skiles is our coach. If we're as bad as many project, I can't see him making it through the year. He'll either quit or get fired. How long of a leash do you think he has...?

If GM John Hammond had any guts and sense he would do it now. Now is the perfect time to go in a different direction.

But I assume Kohl would not let him do it. Skiles coaches like he is in college or high school. He does not know what rotation works from one night to the next and sells his players down the river because he thinks they should all approach the game like him.

He is a hot head and hot hand Scottie. He will go with whoever and whatever is working and get others out of their routine and never tell them what is up and go back to them until he feels like it or lucks up on it.

That is why you never see the Bucks or his teams go on long winning streaks. He jerks them around every night on playing time and roles.

You can demand that with college teams and high school. It would make them owrk harder. But in the Pro's you lose players. You mess with their money when you mess with their playing time, and roles for the vets and ruin confidence of young players.

Let the axe fall now...
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,479

Post#5 » by old skool » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:05 pm

I don't see the advantage of having Jim Boylan close out the year as Bucks coach. sKiles is likely to want out, but he wanted out several months ago.

People complain that sKiles does not play rookies, despite his record with Jennings and Mbah a Moute in their rookie seasons. sKiles is of the mind that it stunts the development of young players when you give them minutes that they have not earned, because there is no reason for them to do what the coaches instruct. sKiles is against giving minutes to young players in the hope that those minutes will help them develop. I think that he is right, when I think of what the Bucks would be if Yi and Joe Alexander were given starter minutes for a couple of years just because they were young and needed to develop.

If sKiles wants another NBA coaching gig - which I presume he does - he will finish out the year like the disciplined coach he can be.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#6 » by Badgerlander » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:11 pm

My guess is Citizen or Bulova, he doesn't seem like the Rolex type. Personally I'm a fan of Russian Divers Watches.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#7 » by Max Green » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:33 pm

After the Season. Only because I think we will have a winning record and will make the Playoffs.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#8 » by jr lucosa » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:37 pm

I think if we stumble out the gate he could be gone before New Years.

If we hover around .500 all year he probably sticks until we are eliminated from the playoff hunt/playoffs.
Linguistik
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#9 » by Linguistik » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:11 am

I'm shocked that this guy hasn't been fired yet.

But trust me, I'd rather ride him out this year rather than let Jimbo the Clown Boylan coach another game. He's one of the worst coaches EVER.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#10 » by Run-MKE 311 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:49 pm

He will last the season, but it could get real ugly. I hated this path of a lame duck coach, especially a guy like Skiles. Bucks have to really dig deep and put thought into what direction they want to take this team and who they feel is the best person for that.
Ball so hard.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#11 » by emunney » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:14 pm

DocHoliday wrote:My guess is Citizen or Bulova, he doesn't seem like the Rolex type. Personally I'm a fan of Russian Divers Watches.

Skiles + watch = Swatch.

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Jammo29
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#12 » by Jammo29 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:20 pm

DocHoliday wrote:My guess is Citizen or Bulova, he doesn't seem like the Rolex type. Personally I'm a fan of Russian Divers Watches.

Underrated post.
http://www.katelwatson.blogspot.com <<- click here for a better life
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#13 » by Badgerlander » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:21 am

emunney wrote:

Skiles + watch = Swatch.

I had one in college in the 80s, but you gotta have a Swatch guard.
I saw one at a french shop in Kandahar a little while back and almost bought it, lol.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,785

Post#14 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:02 am

Max Green wrote:After the Season. Only because I think we will have a winning record and will make the Playoffs.

Winning record= Skiles & Hammond 10 year extension :cry:
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#15 » by AussieBuck » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:04 am

Speaking of Hammond and Skiles both thought two of the worst players of the decade would be good to have starting for the Bucks. Stun that we suck.
Doctor MJ wrote:I've been posting lists of players who have most consistently done extremely well by yearly RAPM numbers, so I thought it would be fun to do one for the players with the worst ratings. I took the yearly values, normalized them for variance, and ranked them based on how many years they were really bad, and just how bad they were. Note that a player so bad he never plays isn't going to qualify so presumably these aren't the worst players, just the ones who have had the opportunity to do the most harm.

They are ranked here (by an arbitrary method I just made up), and listed with how many years they've been -1.5, -2, -2.5, and -3 standard deviations below average.

Enjoy.

Code: Select all

Player              -1.5 -2 -2.5  -3
1. Josh Powell        5   5   3   2
2. Hakim Warrick      6   3   1   1
3. JJ Hickson         4   3   2   0
4. Solomon Jones      6   2   0   0
5. Marcus Banks       4   4   0   0
6. Drew Gooden        4   2   2   0
7. Deshawn Stevenson  5   2   0   0
8. Damien Wilkins    4   3   0   0
9. Jeff McInnis       4   3   0   0
10. Juwan Howard      5   1   0   0
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#16 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:44 pm

N8Frog wrote:I'm calling December 10th he is out. They start 6-13, get blown out at Brooklyn on Sun, December 9th and he'll get canned on the 10th. Moncrief will take over and have a couple days to get the guys in order before a home game against the Kings.

Looks like I will be off. Taking a positive look, at what point/record does Hammond get offered an extension? Early I know. But I could see a quarter of the way through the season and we're 13-7 or 14-6 that Kohl gives the extension.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#17 » by KidA24 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:03 pm

N8Frog wrote:
N8Frog wrote:I'm calling December 10th he is out. They start 6-13, get blown out at Brooklyn on Sun, December 9th and he'll get canned on the 10th. Moncrief will take over and have a couple days to get the guys in order before a home game against the Kings.

Looks like I will be off. Taking a positive look, at what point/record does Hammond get offered an extension? Early I know. But I could see a quarter of the way through the season and we're 13-7 or 14-6 that Kohl gives the extension.

If the rumors are true and Kohl really does want to sell the team in the off season, not having an entrenched GM and Coach would make the sale easier.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#18 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Dec 1, 2012 2:36 pm

Bump.

My prediction all of sudden has some life again. I can see us losing every game through that Brooklyn game. Home against Charlotte is the only one I'd favor the Bucks.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,839

Re: Hammond/Skiles Future 

Post#19 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Dec 1, 2012 2:52 pm

I see us hanging one or two games under .500 through the month.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Re: Hammond/Skiles Future 

Post#20 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:05 pm

I had a schedule and predicted the rest of our wins/losses. I have us finishing 43-39 --- I tried to do so without "Bucks Goggles" on. I'm sure we'll drop a few against teams we should beat, but would like to think we may steal 1 or 2 against losses I picked. We'll see how close I am.

At no point did the Bucks fall under .500 but were never higher than 4 games over either. Check that, I had them at 24-19 after winning at Detroit on January 29th.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks