Around the League: 2012-2013

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,125

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#301 » by Calinks » Wed Dec 5, 2012 10:22 pm

I like the Brass. Sounds Boss. I also recommend they consider The New Orleans Shveds.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#302 » by [RCG] » Wed Dec 5, 2012 10:33 pm

Read this in the comment section of an ESPN article on the subject and thought it was a neat idea:

Sacramento moves to Seattle (becames SuperSonics) or elsewhere (new moniker)
Los Angeles 'Lakers' become the 'Kings'
Utah 'Jazz' become the Salt 'Lakers'
New Orleans 'Hornets' become the 'Jazz'
Charlotte 'Bobcats' become the 'Hornets'

Appropriate all the way around!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#303 » by Calinks » Thu Dec 6, 2012 12:25 am

LOL at this picture.

http://i.imgur.com/dbkn1.jpg
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#304 » by Krapinsky » Thu Dec 6, 2012 12:33 am

[RCG] wrote:Read this in the comment section of an ESPN article on the subject and thought it was a neat idea:

Sacramento moves to Seattle (becames SuperSonics) or elsewhere (new moniker)
Los Angeles 'Lakers' become the 'Kings'
Utah 'Jazz' become the Salt 'Lakers'
New Orleans 'Hornets' become the 'Jazz'
Charlotte 'Bobcats' become the 'Hornets'

Appropriate all the way around!

But... the Kings are already in Los Angeles. Two teams with the Kings moniker in the same building?
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#305 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Dec 6, 2012 1:45 am

C.lupus wrote:My initial reaction to Pelicans was LOL but I've gotten use to it and, after learning the history of the name to the city and state, I think it is a good name. Much better than stupid names like Thunder and Heat.

I don't know the history, but I do know they pretty much live everywhere in the world where there's a coast and they don't seem synonymous with Louisiana to me at all. Plus as this Hornets (Pelicans) fan said on hornetsreport:
"there is no positve quality of a pelican, atleast a cardinal is an exotic looking bird, a pelican is a big unathletic bird with a big gullet... awesome..."

:lol: pretty much how i feel
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,569

Post#306 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 6, 2012 1:47 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
C.lupus wrote:My initial reaction to Pelicans was LOL but I've gotten use to it and, after learning the history of the name to the city and state, I think it is a good name. Much better than stupid names like Thunder and Heat.

I don't know the history, but I do know they pretty much live everywhere in the world where there's a coast and they don't seem synonymous with Louisiana to me at all. Plus as this Hornets (Pelicans) fan said on hornetsreport:
"there is no positve quality of a pelican, atleast a cardinal is an exotic looking bird, a pelican is a big unathletic bird with a big gullet... awesome..."

:lol: pretty much how i feel

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#307 » by Calinks » Thu Dec 6, 2012 4:29 am

Literally the first though that went through my head.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5oZRwgTQLQ[/youtube]
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#308 » by Tirion » Fri Dec 7, 2012 1:24 pm

Check put this post from Suns blog:

“We have to stop digging ourselves into a hole,” Michael Beasley said. “When you get down 15, 20 points you need a perfect storm to come back, and I feel like we are relying on that perfect storm in too many games. If we play our system and the effort we gave in the end there is no reason we can’t win games. If we dig ourselves into a hole and then the effort comes out we can’t win games.”

What Beasley’s not saying is that he’s part of the problem in having such a hole dug in the first place. He did not play during the furious fourth-quarter rally, but in the 21 minutes he did play the team lost 20 points. Goran Dragic’s -11 makes him the next closest Sun in this statistic.

This has been a season-long trend as the Suns are nearly 21 points per 100 possessions better when Beasley sits than when he plays, according to the NBA’s stats tool. Almost all of this difference comes at the defensive end, as the Suns possess a superb 95.0 defensive rating when he sits and an abysmal 114.7 rating when he plays.

To put that in perspective, the Suns without Beasley would be the best defensive team in the NBA but they are the worst by seven points per 100 possessions when he’s on the floor, which is a pretty wide margin that covers the difference between the No. 11 and No. 30 defensive teams in the league.

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/12/02/n ... more-36366

and the first comment:

Can anyone explain why Beasley is still starting? This might sound mean but I wish he’d get injured for about 10 games.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,958

Post#309 » by shrink » Fri Dec 7, 2012 2:28 pm

C.lupus wrote:
Calinks wrote:I don't get the article. It says "nickname". Isn't that the official name? Will it be New Orleans Hornets AKA the Pelicans. What other name is there? Pelicans will be their proper name right not a nickname.

The New Orleans "Pelicans" Hornets :lol:

To ease fans into the transition, next year New Orleans will be known as the "horny-cans"
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#310 » by Calinks » Sat Dec 8, 2012 4:38 am

Haha

And man I am happy to see Turner turn it up this year (Guess this ends any chances for a D-Will Turner swap) because I took a chance on him in some of my fantasy teams. This is good stuff.

Also, I got to think poor Dwane Casey is in some serious trouble again. Raptors can't get it together.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#311 » by Basti » Sat Dec 8, 2012 11:07 am

Do you think Raptors' fans are worse off than we were some years ago? I honestly think so, considering they have several bad contracts and on top of that a lottery pick to hand over at the end of the season (unless they get lucky and hit the lotto-jackpot).
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#312 » by Klomp » Sat Dec 8, 2012 6:09 pm

Basti wrote:Do you think Raptors' fans are worse off than we were some years ago? I honestly think so, considering they have several bad contracts and on top of that a lottery pick to hand over at the end of the season (unless they get lucky and hit the lotto-jackpot).

Well we had bad contracts and a lotto pick due too.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#313 » by Basti » Sun Dec 9, 2012 2:05 am

True but at least the pick we owed was lottery protected until we finally and fortunately had a better record. Imagine if we had to give it away in the 2008 draft.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#314 » by cpfsf » Sun Dec 9, 2012 3:11 am

i can't tell what to make of the eric gordon situation.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#315 » by Klomp » Sun Dec 9, 2012 3:25 am

cpfsf wrote:i can't tell what to make of the eric gordon situation.

You mean other than the fact it was a good thing we didn't try to sign him?!

cpfsf
General Manager

Post#316 » by cpfsf » Sun Dec 9, 2012 4:08 am

Klomp wrote:
cpfsf wrote:i can't tell what to make of the eric gordon situation.

You mean other than the fact it was a good thing we didn't try to sign him?!

the sad thing is it doesn't matter if it's his attitude or his injury that's holding him back. that is a really big red flag either way.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#317 » by Klomp » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:00 am

Washington may be the best destination for a Williams/Ridnour trade.

Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#318 » by Tirion » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:52 am

Klomp wrote:Washington may be the best destination for a Williams/Ridnour trade.

I don't think they have what Wolves need.
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#319 » by cpfsf » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:20 am

Klomp wrote:Washington may be the best destination for a Williams/Ridnour trade.

i looked at their salary situation and bleh. well i'll take a shot at this scenario...

roy/williams/ridnour for nene

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#320 » by Foye » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:01 am

cpfsf wrote:

i looked at their salary situation and bleh. well i'll take a shot at this scenario...

roy/williams/ridnour for nene

I'm not a fan of this. 13mil. for a backup C is too much. Honestly, he's not better than Pekovic.

Do you guys think the Lakers will even reach the playoffs?

I know it's still very early and they could definitely go on a run. As of right now they're 3 games below .500, though. And things are not looking good. Kobe is looking like a horrible chucker. Their defense is horrible at best considering they just gave up 117 @home against the Utah "We like to lose away games" Jazz.

Statistically, Kobe is having a really good season so far but what is obvious is that he's playing in Michael Beasley iso mode much more than in previous seasons. And he's playing too many minutes.

On top of that, there defense is very D'Antoni like right now. Kobe and Duhan are horrible defenders in the backcourt. Metta is average and Pau horrible. And Dwight can't do everything alone.

Add in that Nash is injured (although opposing PG's would pretty much blow by him too) and a pretty bad bench.

I honestly think they could miss the playoffs this year. Should've kept Brown as head coach. They can always score 100 but with D'Antoni they try to play a running style with a far too old team. It's not gonna work out in their favour, IMO.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves