Our Projected Depth Chart

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Re: Our Projected Depth Chart 

Post#421 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:55 pm

+1

My 12-yr old was watching it one day and I watched with him. Phineas and Ferb is a really well-written, funny show. I couldn't believe how entertained I was by a "today's" kid show.
Bye bye Beal.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#422 » by LyricalRico » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:05 pm

^ Yeah, I actually think it's the best written kids cartoon since Animaniacs.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#423 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:57 pm

Has anyone considered that Nene will not be able to run with Wall? His movements are very labored.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#424 » by Illuminaire » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Nene doesn't need to run with Wall. That's what Beal, Crawford, Vesely, Booker, and Singleton are for.

On any given fast break we only really need Wall plus one more guy, and a trailer. We'll have that covered even if Nene never breaks past a jog.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,067

Post#425 » by nate33 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:04 pm

Hell, Wall is a one-man fast break. We don't need anybody to run with him.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#426 » by hands11 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:06 am

LyricalRico wrote:
hands11 wrote:They really need to add a 7-0 strong back up center who can score around the basket. Need to find a way to turn Okafor, Booker and maybe Ves into that player.

Maybe borrow Dr. Doofenshmirtz's "combine-inator"?

:dontknow:

Good call Lyrical

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#427 » by LyricalRico » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:00 pm

hands11 wrote:Good call Lyrical

Yes. Yes it is. :D
hands11
Banned User

Post#428 » by hands11 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 2:11 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400277972

Well they had another line up change and another injury.

Price
Beal
Trevor A
Singleton
Okafor

But it was more then Singleton starting that was new. Beal via foul trouble came out early in the first even though he scored pretty well. And he didn't play at all in the 4th. He totaled 17 minutes.

Trevor A strained an calf which put Webster out there for 31 mins.

And Okafor didn't sniff the 4th quarter either. 13 total minutes.

Randy also installed a fast break offense with their 3 days off.

Nene played his 3rd straight game and 5 of the last 6 after missing the first 9 games of the year. Still pissed at him that he played in the Olympics instead of healing himself up to start the year. They would have won some of those closer games with Nene out there and Randy wouldn't have struggled with the line ups as much. They could easily have 3 or 4 more wins right now. Maybe more. 5-10 or 6-9 would look a lot better while they are waiting for Wall to return.

Price looked really good last night. Almost like a new player, yet Randy still turned to Livingston down the stretch. Active smart coaching.

Booker still out. Now Trevor A will most likely miss a few games. Maybe a few weeks. Wall still mending. I expect he should start practicing soon. But honestly, if Price can play like he did and they have Livingston, they shouldn't rush Wall back.

Overall, they played really well against Miami. They ran. They passed. They took it to the hoop and got to the line. Kevin rebounded. Singleton is coming alone nicely and playing more aggressive. Webster needs to play. Beal in at less vital moments is good for now. He shouldn't even be starting in my book. This could very well be a turning point game. Randy lined them up better and they responded.

Singleton 8 FTAs
Webster 5 FTAs
Crawford 6 FTAs
Nene 6 FTAs

Thats why they won. They drove, ran and got to the line. 22-29 and 44 rebounds. Now if they can get Kevin to discover he is 6-9 275 and nimble such that he starts to take it to the hoop more, they may actually have a style of play that can win some games. Coaching is the key IMO. They will play as well as Randy lines then up and tell them what offense to run.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#429 » by nate33 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 2:28 pm

Ariza out should be a blessing in disguise. Webster is going to play more minutes and he can ball. Also, with Vesely banished to the bench, Wittman is forced to play Seraphin or Nene at PF when Singleton sits and that's working for us.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much Seraphin has improved his perimeter shot. It's not just that he can make them when he's open and square to the basket, the guy is making off-balance shots with a hand in his face.

With offensive zeros like Vesely and Ariza out, and with Okafor getting fewer minutes as Nene rounds into shape, our offense should no longer be so pathetic. Livingston is an upgrade at backup PG as well. I don't like the starting frontcourt of Okafor and Singleton though. Okafor should come off the bench with either Seraphin or Nene starting.

I think Wittman should try to minimize the amount of time Crawford and Seraphin spend on the court together. Both guys are chuckers and they tend to ruin ball movement. So if Seraphin is going to start, I'd continue to start Beal, but play Crawford generous minutes - particularly when he is hot.

With the current injuries, I'd go like this:

PG Price/Livingston
SG Beal/Crawford
SF Webster/Martin
PF Seraphin/Singleton
C Okafor/Nene
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#430 » by LyricalRico » Wed Dec 5, 2012 3:11 pm

If Seraphin actually becomes a full-time PF, I think that really opens up our options going forward.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#431 » by closg00 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 4:03 pm

hands11 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400277972

Well they had another line up change and another injury.

Price
Beal
Trevor A
Singleton
Okafor

But it was more then Singleton starting that was new. Beal via foul trouble came out early in the first even though he scored pretty well. And he didn't play at all in the 4th. He totaled 17 minutes.

Trevor A strained an calf which put Webster out there for 31 mins.

And Okafor didn't sniff the 4th quarter either. 13 total minutes.

Randy also installed a fast break offense with their 3 days off.

Nene played his 3rd straight game and 5 of the last 6 after missing the first 9 games of the year. Still pissed at him that he played in the Olympics instead of healing himself up to start the year. They would have won some of those closer games with Nene out there and Randy wouldn't have struggled with the line ups as much. They could easily have 3 or 4 more wins right now. Maybe more. 5-10 or 6-9 would look a lot better while they are waiting for Wall to return.

Price looked really good last night. Almost like a new player, yet Randy still turned to Livingston down the stretch. Active smart coaching.

Booker still out. Now Trevor A will most likely miss a few games. Maybe a few weeks. Wall still mending. I expect he should start practicing soon. But honestly, if Price can play like he did and they have Livingston, they shouldn't rush Wall back.

Overall, they played really well against Miami. They ran. They passed. They took it to the hoop and got to the line. Kevin rebounded. Singleton is coming alone nicely and playing more aggressive. Webster needs to play. Beal in at less vital moments is good for now. He shouldn't even be starting in my book. This could very well be a turning point game. Randy lined them up better and they responded.

Singleton 8 FTAs
Webster 5 FTAs
Crawford 6 FTAs
Nene 6 FTAs

Thats why they won. They drove, ran and got to the line. 22-29 and 44 rebounds. Now if they can get Kevin to discover he is 6-9 275 and nimble such that he starts to take it to the hoop more, they may actually have a style of play that can win some games. Coaching is the key IMO. They will play as well as Randy lines then up and tell them what offense to run.

Nice recap hands. Randy could have helped himself and the team earlier by giving Webster more minutes sooner and Beal fewer minutes.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,601

Post#432 » by pancakes3 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 4:21 pm

Decently balanced lineup especially given what we're given to work with. That's actually a very solid 2nd unit. The hopes of us becoming the Baby Griz may hold water yet.
Bullets -> Wizards
hands11
Banned User

Post#433 » by hands11 » Thu Dec 6, 2012 12:08 am

nate33 wrote:Ariza out should be a blessing in disguise. Webster is going to play more minutes and he can ball. Also, with Vesely banished to the bench, Wittman is forced to play Seraphin or Nene at PF when Singleton sits and that's working for us.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much Seraphin has improved his perimeter shot. It's not just that he can make them when he's open and square to the basket, the guy is making off-balance shots with a hand in his face.

With offensive zeros like Vesely and Ariza out, and with Okafor getting fewer minutes as Nene rounds into shape, our offense should no longer be so pathetic. Livingston is an upgrade at backup PG as well. I don't like the starting frontcourt of Okafor and Singleton though. Okafor should come off the bench with either Seraphin or Nene starting.

I think Wittman should try to minimize the amount of time Crawford and Seraphin spend on the court together. Both guys are chuckers and they tend to ruin ball movement. So if Seraphin is going to start, I'd continue to start Beal, but play Crawford generous minutes - particularly when he is hot.

With the current injuries, I'd go like this:

PG Price/Livingston
SG Beal/Crawford
SF Webster/Martin
PF Seraphin/Singleton
C Okafor/Nene

First, thanks closg. I now it has been tough on the board but maybe, just maybe, they don't totally such. I know its easy to give in and say F it all. Lets tank. But I have watch to many years of losing to want to see that again it they can avoid it.

That is one way that could work as long as they don't leave Beal or Okafor out there to long. Leaving them both out there until the 3 or 4 minute mark ... I just don't believe that will work. Both seem to be better in shorter more energetic bursts.

Actually, what Beal did yesterday worked pretty well. Go out there and go all out. Don't worry about the fouls because your coming out after 5-6 minutes anyway. Just go all out. Tell him we are not looking for you to carry the team. Your 19. Go give us some energy.

Another option I like was starting Nene and pulling him at the 5 minute mark.

Point is, there are better options then what Randy had been doing. If I were to guess, I bet he goes

PG Price/Livingston
SG Beal/Crawford
SF Webster/Martin
PF Singleton/Seraphin
C Okafor/Nene

KS comes in to battle Zaza
Webster should get some major burn
Beal may start, but Crawford get most the minutes.

Wizard 2 wins in 3 games have been at home. I think they should have a good chance to get their first road win riding the momentum of a big Miami defeat. The players have to be feeling better about themselves and the team after playing a lot of close game and now winning two in three and one against the NBA champs.

Plus they seem to have adopted this us against the world attitude. Same thing the Skins did before they ripped off 3 wins and beat NY.. the NFL champs.

Not expecting a win. But wouldn't be surprised either.
hands11
Banned User

Post#434 » by hands11 » Sun Dec 9, 2012 3:55 am

The Price injury may well turn out to be the best thing that could happen to this team since Randy wouldn't line them up correctly by choice.

With Price down, they are finally down to Crawford and Livingston at PG and they are running thin on bodies with the two Trevors out. Looks like they will need to shuffle the deck up which should get Ves back on the court.

Crawford/Livingston
Beal/Webster
Singleton/Martin
Nene/Kevin
Okafor/Ves/Barron or Barron/Ves or start either over Okafor. I wouldn't be upset at all.

And to think they let Dray go for nothing because the fans ran him out of town. Nice.

Now they got Price out of the starting line up finally and in doing so, they should be adding Crawford. That is a double win. This may also get Webster into the SG slot which I have wanted to see.

The Price injury might be the best thing that could have happened to this team. If Randy was smart, he would start Webster at SG instead of Beal. But I'm not counting on it. But Beal should look better with Crawford and Nene out there.

Limited options is going to make Randy look like a better coach.

They are 2-15. They need to start focusing on developing more then just Beal which I think they have done to much to soon. Kevin can become a legit stud. Focus on him more. Let him loose. See what Crawford can do as the lead PG. And time to get Ves out there again.

PS. Can't wait for them to get Okafor off the team. He plays to stiff. Can't we come up with a mystery injury for him so we can get him on the bench a few games. I would rather have Barron on the court.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#435 » by nate33 » Sun Dec 9, 2012 4:40 am

hands11 wrote:Crawford/Livingston
Beal/Webster
Singleton/Martin
Nene/Kevin
Okafor/Ves/Barron or Barron/Ves or start either over Okafor. I wouldn't be upset at all.

No need to play Vesely or Barron. Just go with a 9-man rotation. 4 bigs and 5 smalls. The bigs are Nene, Okafor, Seraphin and Singleton. The smalls are Livingston, Crawford, Beal, Webster and Martin.
hands11
Banned User

Post#436 » by hands11 » Sun Dec 9, 2012 4:56 am

nate33 wrote:
hands11 wrote:Crawford/Livingston
Beal/Webster
Singleton/Martin
Nene/Kevin

No need to play Vesely or Barron. Just go with a 9-man rotation. 4 bigs and 5 smalls. The bigs are Nene, Okafor, Seraphin and Singleton. The smalls are Livingston, Crawford, Beal, Webster and Martin.

Have you seen Okafors production lately ?

Unless playing him with better line ups helps that, you are talking effectively 3 bigs and 5 smalls.

I had him in there starting to give him a chance but I'm not counting on him for anything.

I expect we will see one or both of Ves and Barron on the floor now because Crawford needs to go to PG probably most of his minutes on the floor which pulls Webster or Martin up to SG which pulls Singleton up to SF.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#437 » by nate33 » Sun Dec 9, 2012 6:04 am

hands11 wrote:Have you seen Okafors production lately ?

Yes. He is still posting the 3rd highest PER on the team (albeit that it somewhat inflated with his volume shooting on low efficiency). I think Okafor is still a reasonably competent player, he just can't be asked to be any kind of primary or even secondary offensive option. He needs to play alongside Nene or Seraphin; not alongside Singleton.

hands11 wrote:Unless playing him with better line ups helps that, you are talking effectively 3 bigs and 5 smalls.

Not sure what you are saying here. By "bigs", I mean PF's and C's. I would rotate 4 players at those two spots: Nene, Seraphin, Okafor and Singleton. I would make sure that one of Nene or Seraphin is on the floor at all times. Other than that, they're basically interchangeable. I figure Nene gets about 24 minutes at C and Okafor gets the other 24 (assuming we're still capping Nene's minutes). Seraphin gets about 28 minutes at PF with Singleton getting 20 (and this would vary on a game-by-game basis depending on matchups).

I would rotate 5 players at the PG, SG and SF spots: Livingston, Crawford, Beal, Webster and Martin.
hands11
Banned User

Post#438 » by hands11 » Sun Dec 9, 2012 6:29 am

nate33 wrote:
hands11 wrote:Have you seen Okafors production lately ?

Yes. He is still posting the 3rd highest PER on the team (albeit that it somewhat inflated with his volume shooting on low efficiency). I think Okafor is still a reasonably competent player, he just can't be asked to be any kind of primary or even secondary offensive option. He needs to play alongside Nene or Seraphin; not alongside Singleton.

hands11 wrote:Unless playing him with better line ups helps that, you are talking effectively 3 bigs and 5 smalls.

Not sure what you are saying here. By "bigs", I mean PF's and C's. I would rotate 4 players at those two spots: Nene, Seraphin, Okafor and Singleton. I would make sure that one of Nene or Seraphin is on the floor at all times. Other than that, they're basically interchangeable. I figure Nene gets about 24 minutes at C and Okafor gets the other 24 (assuming we're still capping Nene's minutes). Seraphin gets about 28 minutes at PF with Singleton getting 20 (and this would vary on a game-by-game basis depending on matchups).

I would rotate 5 players at the PG, SG and SF spots: Livingston, Crawford, Beal, Webster and Martin.

Since I have been suggesting this kind of stuff for a while now, I get what you are writing and I think I responded clearly. Hopefully Okafor does better with better players out there... just not counting on it. And without him, you are down to 3 bigs. Nene, Kevin and Singleton. That is why I listed Barron and Ves where I did in my rotations.

As for your 5 smalls. We will see. Just not sure those 5 can cover PG, SG and SF. I think Singleton is going to have to play some SF. A lot will depend on how well Livingston plays and he hasn't proven to be consistent yet. If he can't, Crawford is playing exclusively at PG to fill the whole, which mean you need to fill the hole at SG. Not counting on Beal doing that alone. That takes a player away from SF which pulls Singleton up there.

Ok. I already wrote this.

We will see.
hands11
Banned User

Post#439 » by hands11 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:28 am

hands11 wrote:Vet PG was next on my list but I'm not sure it is going to happen just yet. They have other things to work out. And Dray still takes a slot until moved.

I wouldn't be upset if Mack wasn't brought back and they added a vet PG, but I don't think they will to cut him so soon. It would be nice to have a slot open. It will depend on how much they want to keep players like Martin around this year.

James Singleton isnt getting a starting or probably even a prime back up slot anywhere that I can see so he has a decision to make. Does he want to be in the NBA and a part of this team or not. He would be a nice vet to bring back.

Mason is clearly on the list also

I think they wait on adding a vet PG until after the Beal gains some more experience and they figure out a few things like Dray, how long Okafor will be here, and what they want do with Crawford and maybe C Singleton. So this is an interim roster with lots of young players still that still needs evaluated before they start trimming it. I think they try to keep things somewhat flexible for now. They brought in 3 new faces so at this point I think they will add with vet familiar faces.

PG Wall, Mack
SG Crawford, Beal, Mason
SF Ariza, Singleton, James Singleton
PF Nene, Booker, Vesely
C Okafor, Seraphin, Dray

That 14 right there. 1 slot open. I could see different players inactive at different times depending on need. Crawford can back up at some PG so eventually as Beal shows he is ready, they can make Mack inactive unless he shows a lot more then he did last year. James, Mason or Dray can get made inactive until then.

Mo is moving into the front office. He is coaching the summer team.

So eventually I could see it leading to this.

PG Wall, Crawford
SG Beal, Mason
PF Nene, Booker, Vesely
C Okafor, Seraphin, Dray

Inactive. Mack and Martin if they sign all 15. Obviously Crawford could play some 2 as well.

Randy has his work cut out figuring out who will start and who will play.

Even without considering all the different draft picks and moves they could have made in the past, they could have made something so much better out of the direction they started down. Even if they signed TA and Okafor. It was all right there for them to do.

Crawford should have always been considered their best PG option with Wall down. Mason would have been a great teacher for Beal. And using the amnesty on Dray this year was just stupid. They had to have seen Nene was injured in the Olympics and if they had kept up with him at all, they had to know he wouldn't be ready. They wasted way to much time looking at Price and Pargo at PG and not nearly enough looking at Crawford who is a proven legit NBA baller. Sure, he needed more work, but he had already proven he was legit. All they needed was one PG to challenge Mack and that was Price. Pargo should have never even been in the picture.

They could have started the year.

PG Crawford plus Mack or Price
SG Mason, Beal, Martin ( Mason wanted to be here. And if not Mason, they could have still added Webster)
PF Booker, Vesely
C Okafor, Dray

Then when Kevin returned

SG Mason(or Webster), Beal, Martin
PF Booker, Kevin, Vesely
C Okafor, Dray

Then Booker gets injured. We all know he would right.

SG Mason(or Webster), Beal, Martin
SF Ariza, Singleton
PF Kevin, Vesely, James Singleton
C Okafor, Dray

Nene probably would have stayed resting longer and Dray would be raising his value to either stay or get traded. Not sure if Livingston would have been added or not but if they kept Price over Mack, they would be signing Livingston right now. Ves would probably have never gotten benched because Crawford would have made better use of him and they would have been running with better players like James Singleton. But even if Ves did still struggle, you have James Singleton in the wings to play PF. Beal should have never have started from day one. The kid should have been brought along.

So even with all the injuries, we could have

PG Crawford, (Livingston or Mack)
SG Mason(or Webster), Beal
SF Singleton, Martin
PF Kevin, James Singleton, Ves
C Dray, Nene, Okafor

With Booker, Trevor A and Wall injured.

No doubt they would have had a much better record and they would be sitting pretty to make trades involving Dray, Booker, Okafor and any other piece they wanted to package.

This team should have been loaded with depth and trade pieces. Instead, we are paying Dray for 3 years to not play here and he isn't a trade asset anymore. Plus, we are stuck starting Okafor and have no idea how to trade him off the team. We could be talking Dray and Okafor deals for something we want to keep. Or keep them both for the year and win some Fing games. Plus we don't have James Singleton. :roll:

So frustrating.
NiqtheAntiq
Senior
And1: 227

Post#440 » by NiqtheAntiq » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:18 am

James or Chris Singleton?

Return to Washington Wizards