ImageImage

Player of the Game - Bucks at Nets (12/09)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Player of the Game

Brandon Jennings
66%
Monta Ellis
28%
Marquis Daniels
2%
Larry Sanders
4%

Total votes: 53

Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,703

Player of the Game - Bucks at Nets (12/09) 

Post#1 » by Serge28 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:37 am

Here are the nominees for tonight's game:

Brandon Jennings: 26 points on 8-19 shooting from the field, 6-6 from the free throw line and 4-7 from behind the arc, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 steals, and 2 turnovers in 41 minutes.

Monta Ellis: 24 points on 8-13 shooting from the field, 8-9 from the charity stripe and 0-1 from downtown, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, and 6 turnovers in 41 minutes.

Marquis Daniels: 13 points (5-10, 1-2, 2-2), 7 rebounds, 1 assist, and 2 turnovers in 35 minutes.

Larry Sanders: 6 points on 3-12 shooting, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 4 blocks, and 3 turnovers in 38 minutes.
Serge28
RealGM

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks at Nets (12/09) 

Post#2 » by Serge28 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:38 am

Ugly end but Jennings was our best player in the first half and made enough decent plays in the last 3 minutes to maintain his POG.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,839

Post#3 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:38 am

Monta. Good D and efficient offense.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#4 » by blazza18 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:40 am

Monta's 6 turnovers makes my decision to pick Brandon fairly easily. Monta played one of his better games though.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#5 » by paul » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:47 am

Jennings was pretty awful late and was really only good because he hit some pretty bad shots early. Monta played really well for Monta but turned it over way too much, Larry was everywhere in the air on D but sucked hard on O - like really sucked hard.

Tough one, I guess I'll go Jennings but it was by no means a great performance.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#6 » by Nebula1 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:59 am

Jennings got it done. Sanders was really bad on the offensive end today.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#7 » by jeremyd236 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:10 am

I wanted to vote Ellis because he shot over 50% (which is very rare for our backcourt), but his turnovers pretty much negated that. Jennings.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#8 » by drew881 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:33 am

Nebula1 wrote: Sanders was really bad on the offensive end today.

Needs to learn to use his length on the offensive end. Not talking hook shots, but I think he could lean in for some easy scores and fouls. I think he is a bit hesitant and putting up bad shots because he doesn't want to get blocked.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#9 » by paul » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:41 am

drew881 wrote:
Nebula1 wrote: Sanders was really bad on the offensive end today.

Needs to learn to use his length on the offensive end. Not talking hook shots, but I think he could lean in for some easy scores and fouls. I think he is a bit hesitant and putting up bad shots because he doesn't want to get blocked.

Also needs to remember that of all the things he's capable of taking a defender from a standing start at the top of the key one on one is definitely not one of them.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#10 » by AussieBuck » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:10 am

Jennings was the best but not having Ersan in nominees is absolutely nuts.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Serge28
RealGM

Post#11 » by Serge28 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:18 am

AussieBuck wrote:Jennings was the best but not having Ersan in nominees is absolutely nuts.

Is it though? Yeah, he hit some shots to get to 10 points, but he once again was horrible on the boards. 2 rebounds in 26 minutes? In a game in which we got outrebounded by 11 and gave up 12 offensive boards? Even if I do put him on the list, there is no way he's going above Jennings, Ellis, Daniels, and Sanders.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#12 » by blazza18 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:46 am

I see the Ersan argument. Larry was pretty bad other than his defence obviously. Its not like he rebounded well either with only 6 in 38 minutes. The two swag brothers were clearly the best today.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#13 » by AussieBuck » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:03 am

Serge28 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Jennings was the best but not having Ersan in nominees is absolutely nuts.

Is it though? Yeah, he hit some shots to get to 10 points, but he once again was horrible on the boards. 2 rebounds in 26 minutes? In a game in which we got outrebounded by 11 and gave up 12 offensive boards? Even if I do put him on the list, there is no way he's going above Jennings, Ellis, Daniels, and Sanders.

Boxscore, boxscore, boxscore. Ersan played off Evans and along with Luc destroyed their offense for half a game with their defensive rotations. Other than a couple of his fouls he played a near perfect defensive game. Evans' only talent on offense involves crashing the boards while nobody is defending him. You can focus on the extra couple of O boards, I'm stoked with Ersan's game because the Nets scored about once every 4 minutes during that match-up. Ersan was better than Larry and Daniels.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#14 » by AussieBuck » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:08 am

Ersan's also pretty much the only handoff guy at the top of the key we have in the $wag offense that is overly useful in the role other than sometimes Udoh if only for his very nice screens. I don't think he got credit for it but his handoff to screen to a curling Ellis in I think the second quarter was perfect.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#15 » by drew881 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:12 am

blazza18 wrote:I see the Ersan argument. Larry was pretty bad other than his defence obviously. Its not like he rebounded well either with only 6 in 38 minutes. The two swag brothers were clearly the best today.

I don't think Larry was that bad this game. I take away several positives.

1) He played 38 minutes. A lot of this is due to Dalembert and Udoh being out, but he still was able to stay in and only pick up a couple fouls.

2) He did a pretty good job using his body to get good position in the lane. He totally blew the shots and couldn't finish, but progress noted. He needs to be a little bit more aggressive and create contact with his length (go for some dunks) rather than trying ridiculous hook shots with his post moves.

3) The blocks were great. More so in the beginning than in the end. But his presence really set the tone for that first half.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#16 » by AussieBuck » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 am

Larry's straight down the middle fast break starting block was awesome.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Serge28
RealGM

Post#17 » by Serge28 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:43 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Serge28 wrote:

Boxscore, boxscore, boxscore. Ersan played off Evans and along with Luc destroyed their offense for half a game with their defensive rotations. Other than a couple of his fouls he played a near perfect defensive game. Evans' only talent on offense involves crashing the boards while nobody is defending him. You can focus on the extra couple of O boards, I'm stoked with Ersan's game because the Nets scored about once every 4 minutes during that match-up. Ersan was better than Larry and Daniels.

Eh, maybe you're right, I dunno. I think Daniels also did some very nice things that didn't show up in the boxscore against the Nets. Of course, I don't have to go into the details on Larry's immense impact defensively that goes well beyond blocks and steals. Like I said, I really didn't like how Ersan got pushed around by Evans on the boards. Doesn't really matter though in the end - Daniels, Sanders, Ersan. Those guys don't really have a chance to win this poll. I realize that sometimes people will disagree with the selections I put out there and/or the order in which the players are listed. I hope for the most part though, it's been good over the years. :)
Down To Buck
Senior
And1: 306

Post#18 » by Down To Buck » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Definitely Jennings, he was the main reason we got that huge lead. Deron Williams looked like he was about to cry. :lol: For those that missed the game here are his highlights. I tried to cut out most of the bit where they were accusing Ilyasova of flopping.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwY70iS373E[/youtube]
Check out my NBA Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/DownToBuck
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#19 » by Fight the Tank » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:03 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Ersan's also pretty much the only handoff guy at the top of the key we have in the $wag offense that is overly useful in the role other than sometimes Udoh if only for his very nice screens. I don't think he got credit for it but his handoff to screen to a curling Ellis in I think the second quarter was perfect.

That's an excellent point on the handoffs. I actually caught that a lot last night when watching. Sanders really struggles with those.

Ersan has definitely picked up the effort of late. I know he only got two boards last night, but he was way more active. For this team to play well they need Ersan to be a more consistent 3rd scorer who can have those blow up games once in a while.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#20 » by Badgerlander » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:09 pm

There was no game, just stop it. If there had really been a game don't you think it would've been on TV?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks