ImageImageImageImage

Should Hennigan trade for Eric Bledsoe?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Orlando Prodigy
Senior
And1: 112

Should Hennigan trade for Eric Bledsoe? 

Post#1 » by Orlando Prodigy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:32 pm

I've brought this up before. What's your opinion?
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Re: Should Hennigan trade for Eric Bledsoe? 

Post#2 » by MagicTownBaller » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Yes. He should trade for Bledsoe. But, I don't want him giving up a fortune to get him. My ideal trade would be E'Twaun Moore/Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington/Josh McRoberts, and a couple of protected draft picks for him would be nice. I don't wanna give up E'Twaun, but Bledsoe would need playing time. I don't mind giving up Arron Afflalo.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#3 » by Cigamodnalro » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 pm

Bledsoe would be a fantastic get, but he won't come cheap.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, for that matter, if LAC renders him untouchable until they know for a fact that CP3 is coming back. He's a very good contingency plan for the team, and given Paul's injury history, a possibly important piece even this season.

That said, Bledsoe will expire after next season, and his trade value next season--with CP3 resigned--is not likely to be as high as it is with him under contract for the next 1.5 seasons. Bledsoe's trade value may never be as high as it is right now, and if the Clips are going to capitalize on that, sign me up.

I doubt we give up draft picks in this (or really any) trade at this point, but something structured around Afflalo/BBD/McRoberts(EXP) for Bledsoe/Odom(EXP)/C. Butler is not outside of the realm of possibility.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#4 » by SmiteaDwight » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:08 pm

Absolutely, once Billups comes back, they'll have a surplus of ball dominant guards- crawford paul and Billups. Bledsoe would likely become the odd man out.

He would singlehandedly change our league worst free throw rate with his explosiveness and ability to attack the basket.

I'd give Jj for him, fully expecting Vaughn playing Bledsoe Jameer and Afflalo together to close out 4th quaters.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#5 » by Def Swami » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:14 pm

Is Bledsoe all that he's hyped to be?
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,207

Post#6 » by thelead » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:21 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:Is Bledsoe all that he's hyped to be?

I really haven't followed him much in the NBA, but I thought he was just as good as Wall when they played together at Kentucky.
SmiteaDwight
Banned User

Post#7 » by SmiteaDwight » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:24 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:Is Bledsoe all that he's hyped to be?

he's averaging a 23 per this year, that's roughly on the level of derrick rose. he averages over a point a minute shooting 50 % from the field and draws free throws.

I say get him.

Conventional thinking says it will take JJ to get but I know Hennigan will explore every possibility. I dont think Hennigan wants to lose Jj.
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#8 » by Reverse_Angle » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:28 pm

i would not want to surrender any picks for that, because hennigan knows how to draft, so picks are valuable. anything else is fair game.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
Orlando Prodigy
Senior
And1: 112

Post#9 » by Orlando Prodigy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:42 pm

I wonder if he'd keep #12? I'd hope so. But I'd only trade JJ if it was necessary. I'd rather send Afflalo back home to LA, and draft a SG this year. Whether it's Shabazz or McLemore
_DudeItsMagic_
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#10 » by _DudeItsMagic_ » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:46 pm

problem is, the clippers already have crawford so they have no need for another 6th man SG in jj
jUsT rEmEmBeR wE aRe aLL mAgiC fAnS
SmiteaDwight
Banned User

Post#11 » by SmiteaDwight » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:53 pm

_DudeItsMagic_ wrote:problem is, the clippers already have crawford so they have no need for another 6th man SG in jj

They currently start Willie green so Jj would take his spot.
thelead
RealGM

Post#12 » by thelead » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:55 pm

I doubt they would want JJ considering he could just leave after the year. Afflalo seems more like a guy they would want to just fill a specific role and is locked up with the rest of the core (as long as they resign CP3).

Afflalo and Harrington for Bledsoe, Odom and Butler would work.

The only thing holding this back is the money. Is Sterling willing to pay Afflalo and Harrington what they have remaining on their contracts?
ADRajX
RealGM
And1: 97

Post#13 » by ADRajX » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:38 am

He's actually one of my favorite players in the league tbh... Yes I would love for him to be on the Magic, but i have a personal bias for it actually happening as you can tell.
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Laozi
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#14 » by KingRobb02 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:55 am

thelead wrote:I doubt they would want JJ considering he could just leave after the year. Afflalo seems more like a guy they would want to just fill a specific role and is locked up with the rest of the core (as long as they resign CP3).

The only thing holding this back is the money. Is Sterling willing to pay Afflalo and Harrington what they have remaining on their contracts?

That and the fact that the Clippers would have to be brain dead to make that deal. The reason Willie Green starts for them is the same reason he is on the team. He is friends with Chris Paul. The Clippers are not making any moves without CP's approval.

Why on earth would the Clippers trade us Bledsoe in the middle of his best year for scraps when they refused to include him in the trade for Chris Paul? Bledsoe to the Magic has no shot of happening.
thelead
RealGM

Post#15 » by thelead » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:11 am

KingRobb02 wrote:
thelead wrote:I doubt they would want JJ considering he could just leave after the year. Afflalo seems more like a guy they would want to just fill a specific role and is locked up with the rest of the core (as long as they resign CP3).

That and the fact that the Clippers would have to be brain dead to make that deal. The reason Willie Green starts for them is the same reason he is on the team. He is friends with Chris Paul. The Clippers are not making any moves without CP's approval.

Why on earth would the Clippers trade us Bledsoe in the middle of his best year for scraps when they refused to include him in the trade for Chris Paul? Bledsoe to the Magic has no shot of happening.

They shouldn't trade him. Especially since CP3 isn't locked up. That said, they aren't getting much better than that offer (maybe we would throw in one of those late first round picks we got from the D12 trade) but Bledsoe is doing his damage in limited minutes. Caron has a per of 11 and Odom is just trash now. This is all depending on how good Harrington is once he comes back. If reproduces his numbers from last year, the Clippers would sure welcome it. Afflalo's percentages don't look great right now but he is essentially the #1 or #2 guy that teams target to stop when they play us now. In LA, Afflalo would just be asked to defend and hit 3's which he did at a 40% clip last year. Again, I doubt they want to trade him though.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#16 » by Skin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:23 am

Yes, he's would be a great 6th man for us.

But if you're telling me he'd be our starting PG, then I hope that's a temporary fix. We need a true PG.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
liquid_softgel
Junior
And1: 19

Post#17 » by liquid_softgel » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:30 am

I can't see the Clippers getting rid of him before CP3 commits. Yes Billups can still start, but he isn't getting younger. So that means Bledsoe is insurance.

That said, we have to try. He's doing great in the role he has and could slide in front of Nelson sooner rather than later. I'm not sure JJ would have a spot on the Clippers. If I were them I'd prefer Afflalo. We probably can't give them too much more in contracts. Taking on Butler is a must. Odom is expiring (I think) so they might want to hang on to him. Moore, Afflalo, Mcbob for Butler and Bledsoe might work but I'm not sure on the numbers. But the young prospect won't get dealt before they know Paul is staying put.

Bah, Yes we should trade for Bledsoe but crap baskets it probably won't fly with the Clippers.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,273

Post#18 » by Bensational » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:33 am

i'd deal Afflalo for Bledsoe.

otherwise, i wouldn't lose sleep if we didn't make a deal for Bledsoe. he would be a nice, exciting, young piece to have on the team, but i don't think we'd never forgive ourselves if we didn't make the move for him.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#19 » by Cigamodnalro » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:41 am

Bensational wrote: i don't think we'd never forgive ourselves if we didn't make the move for him.

Loving the triple negative :D
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#20 » by fendilim » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:08 am

NO BRAINER

Return to Orlando Magic