ImageImageImageImage

Should Hennigan trade for Eric Bledsoe?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Re: Should Hennigan trade for Eric Bledsoe? 

Post#21 » by SmiteaDwight » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:28 am

Skin wrote:Yes, he's would be a great 6th man for us.

But if you're telling me he'd be our starting PG, then I hope that's a temporary fix. We need a true PG.

Let me ask you, would you consider Derrick Rose a real pg?
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#22 » by KingRobb02 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:21 am

To put this in perspective, what if Wizards fans were coming up with trades for JJ with Trevor Ariza as the certerpiece? There's no way the Magic are happy starting Moe Harkless at SF. How about Ariza and Jan Vesely for Redick and McRoberts? That's about how good every trade offer for Bledsoe is that I have seen.
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#23 » by NickAnderson » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:31 am

I have watched him play a lot this year and I really do not see why people are hyping this guy up.
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#24 » by BaunceyChillups » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:32 am

Nice rotation player but I don't think he can be a starter, he's got a ridiculous turnover rate for a PG.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#25 » by MagicFan32 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:28 am

Clips will not entertain trading him at all until CP3 re-signs, infact they wont entertain it til' Bledsoe is due a raise. everyone on realGM needs to stop pipedreaming he is going NOWHERE
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#26 » by magicman123 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:17 am

Nicholson for Bledsoe...

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#27 » by Skin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:41 am

SmiteaDwight wrote:
Skin wrote:Yes, he's would be a great 6th man for us.

But if you're telling me he'd be our starting PG, then I hope that's a temporary fix. We need a true PG.

Let me ask you, would you consider Derrick Rose a real pg?

Derrick Rose is a true PG. He's a super PG who can do it all.

Eric Bledsoe IS NOT Derrick Rose, so I don't really like your comparison. Maybe Vaughn can make something wonderful out of Bledsoe, but I'd like to see him display a more floor general approach to the game rather than see him looking for his own. I love his talent though and I want him here pretty badly. I'd start him right away because our PG position is so pathetic. But long term, I have doubts about him being the right guy to lead this team.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#28 » by drsd » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:44 am

Eric Bledsoe's upside is a mediocre starting PG in the NBA. This is exactly what Orlando needs. The next draft will not find Nelson's replacment and G Hennigan must target a player in the trade or free-agenet market.

The Clippers are looking to "win now". With Odom's total collapse, Al Harrington off of the bench would be a huge asset for the Clippers. Orlando would most certainly need to absorb Odom or Butle's contract in a Harrington for Bledsoe deal.

Odom and Bedsoe for Harrington and Smith works salary wise.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#29 » by Skin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:52 am

drsd wrote:Eric Bledsoe's upside is a mediocre starting PG in the NBA. This is exactly what Orlando needs. The next draft will not find Nelson's replacment and G Hennigan must target a player in the trade or free-agenet market.

The Clippers are looking to "win now". With Odom's total collapse, Al Harrington off of the bench would be a huge asset for the Clippers. Orlando would most certainly need to absorb Odom or Butle's contract in a Harrington for Bledsoe deal.

Way too early to declare that this year's draft won't produce a PG worthy of leading this team.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#30 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:14 pm

Yes. But its not happening.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#31 » by MagicTownBaller » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:26 pm

I just saw on the general board that if the Clippers found a way to trade DeAndre Jordan and Caron Butler, they could sign Dwight and CP3. Makes me think. Could we trade Arron Afflalo and Ayon for Butler and Bledsoe and then absorb DeAndre in a second trade with the TPE? I would do that deal in a heartbeat.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#32 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Wait, if Afflalo for Butler happened, that wouldn't help out the Clippers salary cap. They need an expiring or reduced salary. I wonder if they would do Hedo or Harrington then cut them to save $6 mil. Then, Jordan for TPE.

How about this next summer.

Hedo or Harrington & Harkless & Ayon & McRob for Butler & Bledsoe

Then,

Jordan to TPE

I probably would rather do a (3) way with Jordan to another team as I would hate to see Jordan take away Vucevics minutes. But, they probably could play well together.

Imagine:

Bledsoe/Nelson
Afflalo/JJ
Butler/Afflalo
BBD/Nich
Vucevic/Jordan

Many players capable of playing multiple positions there. Definite playoff caliber team there. Plus, get Dwight off the hated Lakers team to the Clips of which I don't mind.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#33 » by BaunceyChillups » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 pm

drsd wrote:Eric Bledsoe's upside is a mediocre starting PG in the NBA. This is exactly what Orlando needs. The next draft will not find Nelson's replacment and G Hennigan must target a player in the trade or free-agenet market.

Not sure we should be taking point guard advice from you Mr. trade for Kendall Marshall
RB11
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#34 » by RB11 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:18 pm

What about a trade like this

OKC
In: Affalo, Gortat
Out: Jones, Perkins, Martin, Tor Pick

Suns
In: Perkins, Glen Davis, Ayon, Jones, LAC pick
Out: Gortat, Beasley

Clippers
In: Turk, McRoberts, Harrington
Out: Jordan, Odom, Butler, Bledsoe, First round pick

Magic