ImageImageImage

Malcolm Lee

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Re: Malcolm Lee 

Post#41 » by andyhop » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Lee has been fine this year .He has played random minutes off the bench and as a starter and the Wolves have outplayed their opponents whilst he has been on the floor .What more can you possibly want from a guy getting paid basically minimum salary.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#42 » by Foye » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:19 am

Figjamjr wrote:
Foye wrote:You do know that Corey Brewer is a good bench player in this league, do you?

Disagree 100 %. However I will say he has improved a little since he left the Wolves. Now I would say he might be worth a 2nd round pick. Before he wasn't worth the piece of paper his contract was signed on. Also Dwill who everyone wants to trade......... WAY better than Brewer and both are bench players.

The thing with Brewer is. We asked him to be the 2nd best player on the team. No wonder he sucked.

When his role is limited to being a defender he's actually a capable backup. Now if you rely on him on offense like we did you're in trouble.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,582

Post#43 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:10 am

Foye wrote:The thing with Brewer is. We asked him to be the 2nd best player on the team. No wonder he sucked.

When his role is limited to being a defender he's actually a capable backup. Now if you rely on him on offense like we did you're in trouble.

Bingo.

And that's basically all we are asking Malcolm to do. He's fine for that role.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TimbaWolves
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#44 » by TimbaWolves » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:37 am

Klomp wrote:
Foye wrote:The thing with Brewer is. We asked him to be the 2nd best player on the team. No wonder he sucked.

Bingo.

And that's what I have a problem with, why limit Lee's ceiling but give Shved a all star ceiling? We aren't a top 4 team so we don't have the luxury of putting our hopes on potential right now. Shved can pass the ball better so he should come off the bench so he can create easier shots for the others or chuck it if he wants to. If Lee had Shveds awkward looking fading three, every time he'd miss people would want him to sit.

Shved > Manu

Lee > Wade
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#45 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:41 am

Lee is our hustle plays/away from the ball playmaker, Shved is our guy when we need to create some offense. Just a guess, but assuming the performance of one or the other doesn't change drastically, I'd guess Lee will continue to start - especially as Rubio comes back. You start the game w/ Rubio getting Love and Pek involved w/ Lee and AK wearing down the other wings with defense, hustle plays, and holding them to one possession. Then Shved comes in with Rubio on the bench to always have a perimeter breakdown guy on the court, and in 4th quarter closing time, you have them both in there to have our best clutch 5 getting buckets against tight half court D

its gonna be sweet and people's minds will be blown as they see 5 pigment-challenged players on the court together on a playoff team, and in crunch-time no less
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#46 » by Dewey » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:06 am

Lee > Shved ??? I like Lee, but BLAH HA HA!!
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#47 » by eyeteeth » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:09 am

TimbaWolves wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Bingo.

And that's what I have a problem with, why limit Lee's ceiling but give Shved a all star ceiling? We aren't a top 4 team so we don't have the luxury of putting our hopes on potential right now. Shved can pass the ball better so he should come off the bench so he can create easier shots for the others or chuck it if he wants to. If Lee had Shveds awkward looking fading three, every time he'd miss people would want him to sit.

Shved > Manu

Lee > Wade

If you've read the TrueHoop blog on ESPN for a little while, you may have read one of the guys (Adande? Not sure) talking about royal jelly. It's the thing in bee hives that worker bees feed the larva that's going to become a queen. Turns out this has an analog in basketball. Some players (the ones that have a special knack that others don't) receive special attention in practice, feature rolls in the game plan, and the in-game coaching decisions are structured around them. This allows that natural spark to get brighter, and sometimes the conditions are right and a star is born.

I love Malcolm Lee's game, and I'm so stoked he's hitting his jumpers. When he first started practicing with the team, a lot of talk coming out of practices was that he could shoot better than expected, so I thought it might be a matter of time. But Shved has that swagger that can come out, and that's a special thing. He really could become a legit closer in this league.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,582

Post#48 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:44 am

TimbaWolves wrote:And that's what I have a problem with, why limit Lee's ceiling but give Shved a all star ceiling?

It takes a special player for Adelman to trust him to close games as a rookie.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#49 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:44 am

The thing about Lee offensively is that he is depending on what others set him up, unlike Shved.
TimbaWolves
Ballboy

Post#50 » by TimbaWolves » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:15 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:The thing about Lee offensively is that he is depending on what others set him up, unlike Shved.

I agree, Lee has shown that he can be VERY aggressive finisher, better than DWill. If he keeps improving he'd be just as good as Shved at it. But since Shved can create himself like you say he doesnt need Rubio to make things easier for him, so why have them both on the floor?I remember that the problem with having Tyreke here was him being too ball dominant so the ball will be out of Rubio's hands too much. If Shved was performing like Kobe at end of game situations I'd be fine with him out there. But with Shveds lack of defense I'd take Lee with Rubio (The Creater) in at the end of games.
TimbaWolves
Ballboy

Post#51 » by TimbaWolves » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:21 pm

If you've read the TrueHoop blog on ESPN for a little while, you may have read one of the guys (Adande? Not sure) talking about royal jelly. It's the thing in bee hives that worker bees feed the larva that's going to become a queen. Turns out this has an analog in basketball. Some players (the ones that have a special knack that others don't) receive special attention in practice, feature rolls in the game plan, and the in-game coaching decisions are structured around them. This allows that natural spark to get brighter, and sometimes the conditions are right and a star is born.

I love Malcolm Lee's game, and I'm so stoked he's hitting his jumpers. When he first started practicing with the team, a lot of talk coming out of practices was that he could shoot better than expected, so I thought it might be a matter of time. But Shved has that swagger that can come out, and that's a special thing. He really could become a legit closer in this league.[/quote]

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CGIyITxP0vU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

I know what you mean about Shveds swagger but it only really comes out through his outside dribble before he pulls up for a 3.whenever he does make a nice place he has the same expression on his face.I want him to show some emotion after a good play.right now he has a dribble swag.that dunk by Lee is the swag I want to see out of our guys.

not sure if the link worked but its Lee Dunking on Tyrus Thomas

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves