2013 All Stars (thus far...)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Re: 2013 All Stars (so far...) 

Post#161 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:16 am

Illogicality wrote:Over the past 5 games Blake's been beasting. Averaging 21 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 steals. All of this while playing just 31 minutes and shooting 60%. Hasn't played a lot, if any minutes in the fourth in three of these games. Yeah, "he just dunks over cars" or "he doesn't deserve to be an All Star this year". 8-)

Even if all he does is jump over cars he's making the All-star game no matter what thanks to the fans votes. Blake is one of the most popular big men in the NBA right now lol.
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#162 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:23 am

9abovetherim wrote:Another W for the Warriors.

Stephen Curry with a 27 point +7reb +7 assist night,
David Lee with a 24/11 night on 71% FG shooting.

#just saying

David Lee had 25 points, not 24.

The 71% FG shooting is right, though. What's surprising is that his high percentage games aren't just coming off layups, he's been swishing a bunch of mid-range shots, too.

I think Lee will get even better when (or if) Bogut comes back. Bogut is a good passer, he'll get a decent amount of assists to Lee down low which means Lee will get some easier looks. I'm hoping they make a good frontcourt tandem.
#DubNation
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#163 » by TwentyOne920 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:29 am

David Lee and Andrew Bogut on the same frontcourt? All these passing :o

I actually think that if he sustains this production David Lee might make an All-NBA team.
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,806

Post#164 » by og15 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:42 am

Bay Based wrote:
9abovetherim wrote:Another W for the Warriors.

Stephen Curry with a 27 point +7reb +7 assist night,
David Lee with a 24/11 night on 71% FG shooting.

#just saying

David Lee had 25 points, not 24.

The 71% FG shooting is right, though. What's surprising is that his high percentage games aren't just coming off layups, he's been swishing a bunch of mid-range shots, too.

I think Lee will get even better when (or if) Bogut comes back. Bogut is a good passer, he'll get a decent amount of assists to Lee down low which means Lee will get some easier looks. I'm hoping they make a good frontcourt tandem.
is that surprising considering he can shoot, or? I know he's never shot a super high percentage from mid-range, but he's a good enough shooter that he can have stretches of nice mid-range shooting.

TwentyOne920 wrote:David Lee and Andrew Bogut on the same frontcourt? All these passing :o

I actually think that if he sustains this production David Lee might make an All-NBA team.
He has a ton of competition, but he's generally produced like this, just that he's been on losing teams. He was 20/11/4 in New York, 20/10/3 last season
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Post#165 » by sisibilio » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:12 am

lee ahead of Duncan, Randolph, Love or Gasol? I doubt it.
Right now Love would be the odd man out but once he recovers compleely and Rubio comes back his shoooting percentages and ppg should go up and Minny is going to win a lot of games.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#166 » by Mich3006 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:46 am

Steph Curry deserve it (today) way more than Tony Parker.
If the Warriors don´t go with with two All-Stars, the Spurs won´t do it too though (OKC will be #1 in Feb 2013 imo)

Paul, Bryant, Durant, Griffin, Howard (that will be the fans´choice)
Westbrook, Curry, Harden, Gay (or ZBo or David Lee), Love, Duncan

Rondo, Wade, James, Anthony, Bosh (fans´choice)
Williams, Felton, Pierce, Deng, Smith, Varejao, Chandler
manou
Rookie
And1: 419

Post#167 » by manou » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:16 am

Ayatollah wrote:Steph Curry deserve it (today) way more than Tony Parker.
Way more, your sure ? You'll have to explain that.

Parker is a leader of the current best team in the league, was a top5 mvp candidate last year, will be again a mvp candidate (duncan too if he continues, but I expect Pop to limit Duncan to 27-28 mpg soon).
To say that when Parker just had a triple double (27-12-12)...

Parker is a proven winner, is averaging per36 21pts-3rbds-8asts, and is a better defender than Curry who is at 19pts-3rbds-6asts per36. Parker is the only PG in the league shooting more than 50% (0.513% right now).

I don't see it. Maybe some of you do.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#168 » by No-Man » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:44 am

Read me, Parker is WAY, I mean WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Curry.

He is better than any future versions of Curry too.

Parker is a Finals MVP for christ sake.
Darain
Lead Assistant
And1: 39

Post#169 » by Darain » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 am

manou wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:Steph Curry deserve it (today) way more than Tony Parker.
Way more, your sure ? You'll have to explain that.

Parker is a leader of the current best team in the league, was a top5 mvp candidate last year, will be again a mvp candidate (duncan too if he continues, but I expect Pop to limit Duncan to 27-28 mpg soon).
To say that when Parker just had a triple double (27-12-12)...

Parker is a proven winner, is averaging per36 21pts-3rbds-8asts, and is a better defender than Curry who is at 19pts-3rbds-6asts per36. Parker is the only PG in the league shooting more than 50% (0.513% right now).

I don't see it. Maybe some of you do.

Rondo is shooting 50% too
crowd goes wild wrote:Joel Anthony. Dude could probably give you around 27 ppg if he wasn't playing along side Chris Bosh.

I'm not a Kobe fan
nhh90 wrote:Kobe hasn't been doubled in a game since 07-08 season.
manou
Rookie

Post#170 » by manou » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 am

Darain wrote:Rondo is shooting 50% too
Oops, I stand corrected! Indeed Parker and Rondo are the only 2 PGs above 50%.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#171 » by No-Man » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:18 am

Right now East is more open, in the West there are almost 9 locks

Paul-Westbrook-Parker
Bryant
Durant
Griffin-Randolph
Howard-Duncan

In the East only 6

Rondo
Wade
Anthony-Pierce
James
Bosh

Pretenders for those spots...

West, Jefferson, Lee, Mayo, Harden, Iguodala, Curry, Gay, MGasol, Love, and Aldridge, right now I'd pick Jefferson, Lee and one between Mayo and Harden.

East, Chandler, Smith, Horford, Holiday, Jennings, Noah, Deng, Lopez, West, and Williams, right now I'd pick Chandler, Smith AND Horford, Holiday, Jennings and one of Chicago, probably Noah over Deng.

And no, nor Varejao, Walker, Irving, Monroe, Anderson, Cousins, Lowry,... have any options, cause their teams SUCK HARD.
chips93
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#172 » by chips93 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:30 am

West:
paul
kobe
durant
duncan
howard

z-bo
marc gasol
westbrook
harden
mayo
david lee
love

East:
rondo
wade
bron
melo
bosh

josh smith
kg
pierce
chandler
holiday
varejao
irving
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#173 » by Mich3006 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Parker is the better player, but Steph Curry deserves is more (today)
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#174 » by boogie-reke » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 pm

Anyone who says Chandler/Noah/KG over Al Horford is out of his damn mind.

Al Horford especially if Atalanta keeps this up, is as big a lock as there is to one of the reserve Forward spots in the East.

17 pts, 10 reb (career highs, and that's when he's shooting 55% from the FT line as a career 75% shooter) 3 ast, 1 blk, 1 stl and 54% shooting being the undisputed leader of a legit top 3 team in the East?

He should be the starting Center for the East! (Which won't happen cause voters are idiots) - but not having him on the reserve list for more then a couple of times in this threads?

I'm sorry, and i'm quoting SAS here, but that's just blasphemous. Blasphemous.
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#175 » by TwentyOne920 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:24 pm

boogie-reke wrote:Anyone who says Chandler/Noah/KG over Al Horford is out of his damn mind.

Al Horford especially if Atalanta keeps this up, is as big a lock as there is to one of the reserve Forward spots in the East.

Horford has been the Hawks' most consistent player since his rookie season. I think he can get in.

Chandler's ridiculous FG% and Noah's absurd stat lines thus far (30/23/6/2/2? That's a Hall of Fame line) strengthen their cases however.
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#176 » by No-Man » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:28 pm

All 3 fo them can go, even Smith too.

Parker is a LOCK as big as Westbrook, stop putting Curry over him, you're crazy man.
boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#177 » by boogie-reke » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:39 pm

TwentyOne920 wrote:
boogie-reke wrote:Anyone who says Chandler/Noah/KG over Al Horford is out of his damn mind.

Horford has been the Hawks' most consistent player since his rookie season. I think he can get in.

Chandler's ridiculous FG% and Noah's absurd stat lines thus far (30/23/6/2/2? That's a Hall of Fame line) strengthen their cases however.

They don't even come close to Horford, stats included.

Chandler might, cause of how the Knicks are doing - and cause his recent improvement (he was pretty bad the first 9-10 games) - but still his role on the Knicks isn't and can't be equal to Horford's, stats aswell despite the FG% - the Knicks regressed alot defensively from last year.

Noah stats are less impressive almost across the board, and his team isn't as good as Horford's team.

I think the east should go :

Starters :

Rondo, Wade, Lebron, Anthony, Horford
(But Bosh will be picked I assume by voters, or Chandler, even though Al deserves it).

Reserves :

Chris Bosh, Josh Smith, Jrue Holiday, Brendon Jennings(Didn't want to but there's no one else), Tyson Chandler, and Luol Deng.

* Deng is also underrated here, the guy averages 18/7/3 on 46% shooting with top 5 defense for his position while being the go-to scorer for his team being top 4 in the East - no way in hell Paul Pierce deserve his spot)
manou
Rookie

Post#178 » by manou » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Ayatollah wrote:Parker is the better player, but Steph Curry deserves is more (today)

I fail to see why, but oh well to each his opinion.

Fischella wrote:Parker is a LOCK as big as Westbrook, stop putting Curry over him, you're crazy man.

Pretty much yeah.
Thunder and Spurs will send 2 players to the ASG, Memphis too.
boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#179 » by boogie-reke » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:52 pm

boogie-reke wrote:
TwentyOne920 wrote:

They don't even come close to Horford, stats included.

Chandler might, cause of how the Knicks are doing - and cause his recent improvement (he was pretty bad the first 9-10 games) - but still his role on the Knicks isn't and can't be equal to Horford's, stats aswell despite the FG% - - the Knicks regressed alot defensively from last year.

Noah stats are less impressive almost across the board, and his team isn't as good as Horford's team.

I think the east should go :

Starters :

Rondo, Wade, Lebron, Anthony, Horford
(But Bosh will be picked I assume by voters, or Chandler, even though Al deserves it).

Reserves :

Chris Bosh, Josh Smith, Jrue Holiday, Brendon Jennings(Didn't want to but there's no one else), Tyson Chandler, and Luol Deng.

* Deng is also underrated here, the guy averages 18/7/3 on 46% shooting with top 5 defense for his position while being the go-to scorer for his team leading them to top 4 in the East - no way in hell Paul Pierce deserve his spot)

I forgot another spot - in general i'd give it to Noah probably, but because there's only 2 guards and Brooklyn needing to have representation for their record, I'd give it to D-Will, reluctantly.

so -

Rondo///Wade///Lebron///Anthony///Horford

Chris Bosh, Josh Smith, Jrue Holiday, Brendon Jennings, Tyson Chandler, Luol Deng and Deron Williams.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#180 » by No-Man » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Brooklyn right now wouldnt have any All Star.

Return to The General Board