ImageImageImage

Tyreke Evans

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Beezer
Ballboy
And1: 0

Tyreke Evans 

Post#1 » by Beezer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:33 am

I don't know if there was a post about this already. I haven't seen one in the few days that I've been on here. But if the Kings opt out of Tyreke Evans' contract after this season, which is a possibility since there's a team option, would you be willing to go after him?

Personally, even though he has struggled a bit lately, I think he has a good skill set. He doesn't have the best shot, but he can still find ways to score. I am a fan, and would like to see the Wolves go after him.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#2 » by [RCG] » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 am

I think it is unlikely but possible.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#3 » by jade_hippo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:50 am

we need a shooter, and a shooter he is not. so yeah, unlikely but possible.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,579

Post#4 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:02 am

Won't have cap space. Whatever money we have will go to Pekovic and Budinger.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Post#5 » by sisibilio » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:09 am

And it's very unlikely that the Kings just let him go, they'd probably ask for a lottery pick at least.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#6 » by southern wolf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:33 am

Klomp wrote:Won't have cap space. Whatever money we have will go to Pekovic and Budinger.

This.

I liked Evans in his rookie year. I thought he was going to be the next big thing after his 20/5/5 rookie season.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#7 » by Foye » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 am

I'm pretty sure we are done with acquiring headcases knowing how Michael Beasley turned out.
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#8 » by the_bruce » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:59 pm

I like tyreke he's got a handle and can get to the rack. He's a bit out of control at times and I've always felt the problem is he's clearly a natural slashing 2 and he's mostly played pg and sf in sac. I wouldn't go after him in FA, but if he replaced one or both of ridnour or JJ I wouldn't care if the wolves traded for him. I can't think of a fair trade for him that I'd be willing to do.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#9 » by tranjSAIC » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Worst mistake going after a guy like this for your team, would you rather have the ball in Rubio's hands or Evans? Evans NEEDs the ball to be effective, I don't think him and Rubio would mesh well. A Klay thompson type catch and shoot guy would be perfect with Rubio.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#10 » by cpfsf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:02 pm

I've considered it in the past. Someone will overpay him though.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#11 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Klomp wrote:Won't have cap space. Whatever money we have will go to Pekovic and Budinger.

Wrong, we will have space, cap holds will also be lower than what we will pay guys in the end, there will be some flexibility, not much, not necessarily T. Evens much, but if we are willing to go over the LUX for a year it is possible.

I wouldn't do it, as there are better options out there, but I honestly think a type of deal like this could happen (a player due an extension), or taking on a player who makes 10-13mil.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:39 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:

Wrong, we will have space, cap holds will also be lower than what we will pay guys in the end, there will be some flexibility, not much, not necessarily T. Evens much, but if we are willing to go over the LUX for a year it is possible.

With cap holds, we are currently at $69m for the offseason (Note: that includes Roy's salary)

Cap Holds
Pekovic - $9,190,680
Budinger - $1,681,728
Howard - $884,293
Amundson - $884,293
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Klomp wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:

With cap holds, we are currently at $69m for the offseason (Note: that includes Roy's salary)

Cap Holds
Pekovic - $9,190,680
Budinger - $1,681,728
Howard - $884,293
Amundson - $884,293

Amundson and Howard don't really count as we only need 12 players, Roy will be gone. We are right around 60-62mil, right up against the cap, we would/could then have room for a minimum player or two and a MLE.

Perhaps that is more clear? A MLE is not enough in all likelihood for Evens.

EDIT: We are at about 64mil, forgot Shved.

So, we may only have the MLE. My bad.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:38 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:Amundson and Howard don't really count as we only need 12 players, Roy will be gone. We are right around 60-62mil, right up against the cap, we would/could then have room for a minimum player or two and a MLE.

Isn't the cap 58m?

SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Klomp wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:Amundson and Howard don't really count as we only need 12 players, Roy will be gone. We are right around 60-62mil, right up against the cap, we would/could then have room for a minimum player or two and a MLE.

Isn't the cap 58m?

For one reason or another I thought it was 62mil, but 58mil might be right, I'll have to look I guess...forget things like that if you don't use them everyday.

EDIT:

I guess I am just having a bad day, month, year it is $58.044 million, has been since last year...
post0115
Junior
And1: 35

Post#16 » by post0115 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:49 pm

I could see it. I think Kahn is a big fan or at least he was a big fan. Back in that draft I think he was almost certain one of Tyreke or Harden would be there at 5/6 and be our future SG. I think he probably had Tyreke in the top 2 or 3 (ahead of both Rubio and Harden). It was awhile ago, but he saw star potential in him once and likely still does. We wouldn't sign him outright, but a sign and trade would definitely be possible.

However, the fit is a major question as already mentioned and he doesn't seem like a player that would fit with Adelman.

Positives: A major talent, can get to the rim, possible future closer (last shot taker), solid defense,

Negatives: Not a good shooter, maturity issues (nothing too bad, but not stellar), possible chucker,

I definitely wouldn't rule out a D-Will, B-Roy (unguaranteed), and Luke package for him.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves