ImageImageImage

Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,571

Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love) 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:09 pm

For everyone else still stunned over the Minnesota Timberwolves' owner and general manager downright daring the franchise's best player to leave for free agency in two years, Kevin Love promises to be a professional, promises All-Star performance and productivity. Over the organization's refusal to designate him as the cornerstone, though, there come no promises of forgiveness from Love. No assurance it won't chase him out the door and out of the franchise forever someday.

"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.
"That's a tough pill to swallow."

In the end, Love never wants to feel like he's pitted against young point guard Ricky Rubio, because he adores him as a teammate and a talent. Yet, the reality is unmistakable: For all of Kahn's missed picks, failed signings and flawed trades, Rubio is the player whom the GM can take full credit. Someday, Kahn wants Rubio to be his five-year, max-out star, but will Rubio want to stay in Minnesota should Love walk out the door?
"It was a projection over a sure thing," Love says. "There's no question there was an agenda here. A different agenda."
"I have a very, very good memory, and I always remember the people who have done right by me, and the people who have done wrong by me," he says. "It will be embedded in my brain, and something I won't forget about. There's no telling what will happen. I would love to compete for a championship in Minnesota, but …"
Between now and his 2015 opt-out, Love wants to be clear: Around him, he doesn't want merely a playoff team. He wants a team that contends. "And that's on me to do my part, to get us there," but the organization has lost the benefit of the doubt with Love. When it's time for every franchise in the NBA to clear cap space and try to sign him, Love simply understands: "I'll have the leverage."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin ... 09299.html
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Busch Legion
Rookie
And1: 14

Re: Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love) 

Post#2 » by Busch Legion » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Seen this on facebook... then I go check another board I visit and the Laker fans are already drooling about Love joining the Lakers. Ugh.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#3 » by cpfsf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:15 pm

meh

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
gensu3k1
Senior
And1: 2

Post#4 » by gensu3k1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:18 pm

big step towards keeping Love would be to fire Kahn
Zach Randolph + Kevin Durant >>>>>>> Greg Oden. Bob Whitsitt>>>>>> Kevin Pritchard.
"Jan Vesely, this guy can really shoot it." --Jay Bilas, 2011
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,960

Post#5 » by shrink » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:21 pm

The article that launches a thousand bad trade offers.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#6 » by Foye » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Bottom line is if we have a good supporting cast in 2015 he will definitely stay. If not he'll probably leave.

I don't have nightmares about losing Kevin Love because, as of now, we haven't proven anything with him being our best player.

If we are no contender by 2015 we'll probably never be a contender with Love as our best player. Might as well blow it up then and go a different route.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#7 » by C.lupus » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Can't say I disagree with Love but, uggh, again? I shall not visit the GB or Trade board for a while.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#8 » by Mattya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:25 pm

If Glen Taylor said this recently then he should have never opened his mouth. If I were Love I would be miffed by those comments too.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#9 » by C.lupus » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:26 pm

Also, it really is time for Taylor to step aside. At least he recognizes it himself. It will be nice to get some new blood in the FO. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to happen.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mattya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:31 pm

C.lupus wrote:Also, it really is time for Taylor to step aside. At least he recognizes it himself. It will be nice to get some new blood in the FO. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to happen.

Yeah, as much as I appreciate him keeping the team here, it is time for him to sell. I have no idea what you would hope to accomplish with these comments. Even the most humble players out there would take offense to that, especially in the situations Love has been put in the past two years. How does he think possible free agents, and their agents are going to respond to these comments?
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#11 » by funkatron101 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:36 pm

This story is gross.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
shrink
RealGM

Post#12 » by shrink » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:38 pm

It's interesting the way everything is a negative. If you change the personnel on your losing team, we hear that it's "getting rid of the knuckleheads." In order to not endorse Kahn, we hear it spun this way:

As much as Love believes strongly in the greatness of coach Rick Adelman, Kahn has offered no reason for faith in his own wayward vision.

"You walk into the locker room every year, and it's completely turned over," Love says. "There's new guys everywhere. And then it happens again and again. You start to wonder: Is there really a plan here? Is there really any kind of a … plan?"

And didn't we move Al Jefferson to give Love room to grow? So Love's complaining about that now?

Aside from all this, I think Love is bitter and wants to get Kahn fired. If it's a choice for Taylor between Love and Kahn, Taylor's going to be PO'd with Love, but fire Kahn.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#13 » by shrink » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Mattya wrote:How does he think possible free agents, and their agents are going to respond to these comments?

That's a good point. To me, this borders on "conduct detrimental to the team."

I appreciate the hard work Love has made to become a better player. And I understand a player's desire to be paid. But the guy got his max deal of $62 million dollars, and acts insulted that he didn't get a fifth year? Does he realize what most ticket-buying fans make in a year? And Kahn's right - he can more quickly lock into his next giant deal too. If he doesn't get hurt, and he's truly a max deal player, he's not out a dime.

So now, while he claims to want to win, he runs down the organization publicly?

OK - Love's lost me. Maybe I'm not going to hate hearing offers for the guy, if it's really all about him, and he hates the organization.
funkatron101
General Manager

Post#14 » by funkatron101 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Wasn't it just a few months ago in which Love said he approved of the roster changes?
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#15 » by Dual » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 pm

bad feelings everywhere... i dont like it, it was hard to read. As we always see Love joking and having good relationship with Rubio, Pek... i dont know why Taylor and Kahn treat him like that, is not the smartest thing to do tbh
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#16 » by Esohny » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Yawn.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
funkatron101
General Manager

Post#17 » by funkatron101 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Dual wrote:bad feelings everywhere... i dont like it, it was hard to read. As we always see Love joking and having good relationship with Rubio, Pek... i dont know why Taylor and Kahn treat him like that, is not the smartest thing to do tbh

No, it is a shi##y thing to do. Shoving the contract in a player's face (if true) is a total dick move.
eltwentyone
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#18 » by eltwentyone » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:56 pm

i dont get the timing of this at all, rubio is coming back, we made good additions to our roster, ak47, budinger, and subtracting the garbage. This reeks of attention, Woj doesnt like khan, i read that somewhere, but yea the timing of this very odd.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#19 » by No-Man » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:57 pm

We know he's on his way to LA, so... what do we get for him? it's hard to say, hope it's 3 way deal or something.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#20 » by Mattya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:58 pm

If he leaves in free agency I would guess Chicago, NY or Brooklyn before LA.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves