ImageImageImageImage

OT: Howard would have been better off staying in Orlando.

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

OT: Howard would have been better off staying in Orlando. 

Post#1 » by Idunkonyou2 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:05 pm

I know the season is early and all, but this is too funny to me.

Magic: 8-12
Lakers: 9-12

Magic: 10th seed
Lakers: 12th seed

I wonder if this was apart of Howard's dream when he was gushing about being traded to the Lakers? He should have never went from wanting to be the man, to wanting to be the 2nd or 3rd good player riding a true super stars coattails. LOL! He can't even do that right. :lol:
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Re: OT: Howard would have been better off staying in Orlando 

Post#2 » by Orium » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Whenever ESPN talks about the Lakers woes (a big subject today), they always mention Howard in passing after Kobe/Nash/Gasol and even Artest. Even then, the only thing they mention is about his poor FT shooting. :lol:

He's become somewhat of an afterthought in LA.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#3 » by j-ragg » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Not really OT. Judt sayin.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#4 » by magicmamma » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:24 pm

You are making no sense whatsoever. He has no chance of getting a bit part in a really bad movie in Orlando. How could he be better off here?
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#5 » by Gerhalt11 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:31 pm

No way he's in a Lakers uniform next season.
AhaAha
Junior
And1: 15

Re: AW: OT: Howard would have been better off staying in Orl 

Post#6 » by AhaAha » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Is it possible that dwight lost a bit of his athleticism? I mean even pre injury his play was not the same and some of us thought he just wasn't into the magic. I remember how he couldnt catch some lobs and this season his blocks aren't impressive and he isn't anchoring the defense at all.
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#7 » by Idunkonyou2 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:14 pm

AhaAha wrote:Is it possible that dwight lost a bit of his athleticism? I mean even pre injury his play was not the same and some of us thought he just wasn't into the magic. I remember how he couldnt catch some lobs and this season his blocks aren't impressive and he isn't anchoring the defense at all.

It is possible. The Lakers are horrible on defense. When is the last time you could say that about a Howard led team? And the funny part of that is the fact the Magic are still a pretty good defensive team with out Howard.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#8 » by Def Swami » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:08 pm

He hasn't lost his athleticism. He lost Stan.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#9 » by Cigamodnalro » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:14 pm

AhaAha wrote:Is it possible that dwight lost a bit of his athleticism? I mean even pre injury his play was not the same and some of us thought he just wasn't into the magic. I remember how he couldnt catch some lobs and this season his blocks aren't impressive and he isn't anchoring the defense at all.

His block numbers are up considerably iirc (like .5 a game). But yeah, I agree, he doesn't seem to have the same "jump" he did in years past.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#10 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:51 pm

Personally, I'm glad the Dwight era is over in Orlando. We had some great unforgettable years with the young Dwight, but I'm disappointed in the player and person he has turned into. We thought he'd be humble and dominant. Instead he's a prima-donna with mental blocks on the court and no real killer instinct.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,273

Post#11 » by Bensational » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02 pm

I just want Dwight to bail on LA after this season. It'd be nice to watch the Lakers fade into obscurity for a few seasons.

IMO, once Nash is back and running a proper D'Antoni system, then they'll start turning that team around. still won't be great, but they'll be much better.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#12 » by Cigamodnalro » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Bensational wrote:I just want Dwight to bail on LA after this season. It'd be nice to watch the Lakers fade into obscurity for a few seasons.

IMO, once Nash is back and running a proper D'Antoni system, then they'll start turning that team around. still won't be great, but they'll be much better.

Nash and either Gasol or Jamison attempting to defending the pick and roll will marinate that team in failsauce. Duhon can't run an offense (this we know), but he at least brings some defense to the PG position. If I'm an opposing team (any opposing team), I run pick and rolls all game long, rack up fouls on Dwight, and get a bunch of easy looks. Nash is a great passer and the team's offense will definitely improve when he returns, but he's far from a cure all. The Lakers' defense is every bit as bad as their offense is, which I guess is to be expected with half of that team on the wrong side of 30.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#13 » by NickAnderson » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:04 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:He hasn't lost his athleticism. He lost Stan.

No. It's playing a new offense, new coach, coming off back surgery, oh wait two new coaches in only 20 games. Let's not over rate Stan here.
PeePee la Fritz
Sixth Man
And1: 84

Post#14 » by PeePee la Fritz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:27 am

Orium wrote:Whenever ESPN talks about the Lakers woes (a big subject today), they always mention Howard in passing after Kobe/Nash/Gasol and even Artest. Even then, the only thing they mention is about his poor FT shooting. :lol:

He is not an afterthought. Everyone in LA realizes he is an unrestricted FA in the summer, and could very well bolt. So he is being protected in a sense and everyone is scared to come down too hard on him until he commits. So anyone who says he is being blasted, hated on, etc is flat out wrong. I live in LA and I promise you they are taking it easy on him because of his FA status
Malik Starks
Junior
And1: 48

Post#15 » by Malik Starks » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:37 am

Truth is Dwight was always a little overrated and his supporting cast vastly underrated. Lakers fans are already turning on him.
magic04life
Sixth Man
And1: 5

Post#16 » by magic04life » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:31 am

The Lakers just lost to the Cavs, and are now 9-13. They are now the same number of games below .500 as we are (8-12).

I'm starting to think that Dwight will leave LA for Brooklyn next summer if this continues....and I think LA would gladly do a Howard for Lopez sign-and-trade.

Shaq might be right. He said Bynum (when healthy) and Lope are both better centers than Dwight. He said Dwight is the best low-post player in the NBA, but he said that Lopez and Bynum (when healthy) are both better OVERALL centers.
I like this team
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#17 » by CraZyPraiZ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:35 am

I hate to say this but Brooks Lopez is far superior to Dwight on offense. Dwight's calling is defense and athleticism. Somewhere someone told him he needed to be an offensive player and they just lied to him. He is nothing on offense if he can't dunk. Enough said. Go Magic!!!
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#18 » by Orium » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:45 am

PeePee la Fritz wrote:
Orium wrote:Whenever ESPN talks about the Lakers woes (a big subject today), they always mention Howard in passing after Kobe/Nash/Gasol and even Artest. Even then, the only thing they mention is about his poor FT shooting. :lol:

He is not an afterthought. Everyone in LA realizes he is an unrestricted FA in the summer, and could very well bolt. So he is being protected in a sense and everyone is scared to come down too hard on him until he commits. So anyone who says he is being blasted, hated on, etc is flat out wrong. I live in LA and I promise you they are taking it easy on him because of his FA status

Unless you're implying that ESPN, a national media outlet, is somehow protecting Dwight's ego to do LA a favor then I don't really see your point. It wasn't about any Dwight bashing, merely that he's not really performing to the level he's led everyone to believe he's capable. ESPN isn't mentioning him because there's not much to really mention. Dwight is LA's new garbage-point big man, certainly a far cry from Shaq 2.0.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
Hotshot Hower
Veteran
And1: 96

Post#19 » by Hotshot Hower » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:48 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:He hasn't lost his athleticism. He lost Stan.

+1,000,000
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#20 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:03 am

I am enjoying seeing Dwight and Duhon fail. Dwight is still getting his stats but they are now hollow and empty points. The best thing that happend to him was Stan being on his ass now he doesnt have anyone like that keeping him in check. He looks depressed.and its infecting their whole team.
aka: prorl

Return to Orlando Magic