ImageImageImageImage

Is this the most entertaining season ever!?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

orlandomanic
Bench Warmer
And1: 334

Is this the most entertaining season ever!? 

Post#1 » by orlandomanic » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:07 am

i'm becoming more and more of a fan of Vucevic, every game that goes by. Nicholson is also fun to watch. it is fun watching these team win and play basketball the right way.

but not only that, but this season i LOVE watching every Lakers' game. it makes the whole season twice as enjoyable!

before the season started, i was thinking their was a 5% chance of a Dwight/Kobe altercation, now i'm thinking their is a 75% chance of a Dwight/Kobe drama, probably after all star break. i can't wait for the board to explode when that happens.
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Re: Is this the most entertaining season ever!? 

Post#2 » by Reverse_Angle » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:44 am

not really IMO. My top 3 would be the one that ended with jordan vs Barkley finals, both of our finals run seasons (especially the second one with all the drama about lebron, celtics and magic vs lakers final) and the one with lakers stealing WCF from Sacramento.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#3 » by Horcy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:21 am

orlandomanic wrote:i'm becoming more and more of a fan of Vucevic, every game that goes by. Nicholson is also fun to watch. it is fun watching these team win and play basketball the right way.

but not only that, but this season i LOVE watching every Lakers' game. it makes the whole season twice as enjoyable!

before the season started, i was thinking their was a 5% chance of a Dwight/Kobe altercation, now i'm thinking their is a 75% chance of a Dwight/Kobe drama, probably after all star break. i can't wait for the board to explode when that happens.

Even loving Vucevic's improvement you're mad. Penny's and Shaq era, Van Gundy's team on '09.
You got to be crazy :roll:
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#4 » by Rick Rolled » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:00 am

This is easily the most entertaining Lakers season in quite some time.
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#5 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:17 am

Certainly not even in the top 15 seasons of all time, but much more entertaining and interesting than I expected a few months ago. The Lakers drama also helps.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#6 » by MagicFan32 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:13 pm

from a magic POV, 2009 was because nobody EVER gave the magic credit, all year we were a lucky fluke, people were picking us to lose every playoff series, nobody gave the magic a chance vs cleveland, after game 2 people annointed us dead, and crowned lebron, so it was fun seeing the team make the haters shove it
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
MagicGirl
Junior
And1: 8

Post#7 » by MagicGirl » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:16 pm

I assume you're talking about the best season ever from a Magic team perspective. With that in mind, you can't beat 2009 followed by 1995. The rest can be debated in generalities such as the Shaq/Penny years, the Heart and Hustle era, etc.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#8 » by Hilltop » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Hardly the most exciting, but it's been pretty fun I'll give you that. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Andrew Nicholson
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#9 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:28 pm

This has been exciting and probably is very exciting for fans who don't remember the Magics run with Shaq back in 1995.

Not much could beat the Pistons run in 2004 after losing in the finals the year before. That was an epic moment for me as I flew up to Detroit to watch the Pistons beat the Lakers for one game. The energy there was incredible and even more special to watch a team of role players beat Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone. It actually brought tears to my eyes. And, Pimps aren't supposed to cry. . .

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#10 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:02 pm

The good Vince season. We were clearly the best team in the league that year. Especially over the last 2 months. We just weren't tough enough to beat the Celtics for some reason. I think we could have beaten the Lakers in the rematch.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,829

Post#11 » by Last Guardian » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Well, even though we were obviously a better team in the 2009 finals, we were pretty terrible to watch. I find us more exciting to watch now. Its not just terrible post game Dwight and a lot of launching 3's.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Last Guardian wrote:Well, even though we were obviously a better team in the 2009 finals, we were pretty terrible to watch. I find us more exciting to watch now. Its not just terrible post game Dwight and a lot of launching 3's.

Yeah, now it's just a bunch of long 2s. Much better...
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,829

Post#13 » by Last Guardian » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:15 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:Well, even though we were obviously a better team in the 2009 finals, we were pretty terrible to watch. I find us more exciting to watch now. Its not just terrible post game Dwight and a lot of launching 3's.

Seems to me like we attack a little more off the dribble. There is much better passing and player movement.
magic04life
Sixth Man
And1: 5

Post#14 » by magic04life » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:14 pm

This season is certainly more enjoyable than last season. Last season was a nightmare even though we were winning more games.

For me, it goes:

1)Heart 'n' Hustle Season (1999-2000 season).
2)2009 NBA Finals Season.

After that, the T-Mac years were awesome (even though we lost in the first round every year). Particularly the 2002-2003 season when we were the 8 seed and played Detroit in the first round and opened a 3-1 series lead on them (only to lose later).

But those are my top two certainly.
I like this team
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,205

Post#15 » by thelead » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:00 am

My top Magic moments:

1. 95 Finals season
2. 09 Finals season (close second)
3. Tie: TMac Years/99-00 H&H/Penny taking on the Heat in 97 playoffs (Siekly goes down, we're down nearly 20 in the 2nd, down 0-2 in a best of 5 series and penny nearly single handedly wins us the series)

I'm not really enjoying the magic this year but I am enjoying the lakers lose. I just hope it continues.
PickNRoll
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#16 » by PickNRoll » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:51 am

The '95 season was fun, Shaq hadn't turned into a complete a-hole yet, Penny was young and exciting, and the role players like Nick Anderson and Ho Grant were lunchpail guys you could root for. Derrick "D3" Scott was really the only annoying guy on the team.

I found the "Heart and Hustle" years depressing to watch. The loss of Shaq, Penny gone due to injury, Grant Hill teasin us with his return, and Tracey McGrady being worn down at a young age due to being the Magic's only scoring option. Loved T-Mac, and it sucked watching him get gimpier all year.

'09 was the year I learned to hate Dwight. Howard was a frustrating mess. Howard had almost as many turnovers as he did made shots for the finals. He went 21-43 with 20 turnovers for the series. Fater missing crucial FT's in every stinking game, he came out and talked about how he wanted to be a "4th quarter closer". I didn't like SVG's style of ball either. Rashard Lewis and Hedo were lazy. I easily didn't like half of that team.

This year, Gus Ayon is the only guy I can't stomach seeing in a Magic uni. I have low expectations, so watching the Magic beat the Lakers was a surprise treat. I like watching the young guys develop as opposed to watching Penny or T-Mac age 20 years in a single season. I like Vaughn's rotations and style. I see a bright future with Hennigan at the helm.

Everyone has different things that they consider "entertaining", and I've always been one who enjoys rooting for the underdog. (Which explains why I hated Reddick coming out of college but like him now.) We have a good veteran core of hard workers, and each night you can watch the rookies get better. I have really enjoyed this season.

Similarly, I enjoyed watching Driskel grow up on the gridiron this year more than I ever did watching Tim Tebow be "Touchdown Jesus". It's far more about the journey for me than the destination. I'd rather watch a team play hard and lose than watch a team half-donkey it on the court and win.
silent1900
Rookie
And1: 338

Post#17 » by silent1900 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:29 am

This is kind of a cool season to me because if we win, i'm happy...and if we lose, i'm happily hitching a ride on the tank. I also enjoy watching JJ's evolution into a cooler Jeff Hornacek. And I am SO THANKFUL that we are not playing Dwight-ball anymore...I couldn't stand our offense the last few years.

That being said, this team doesn't really get me excited...just can't get up for Afflalo and BBD playing such big roles...not my kinda guys. And I worry that we are gonna have some pretty serious attendance issues as the year plays out.

And I am enjoying the heck out of the potential Laker catastrophe...though I am fairly certain they'll salvage a pretty good showing later in the year.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by KingRobb02 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Last Guardian wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:

Seems to me like we attack a little more off the dribble. There is much better passing and player movement.

Say what you want about Stan's offensive strategy, but we were always top ten and even top 5 at times. I just read that our starters (Nelson/AA/Moe/Vuc/BBD) have an offensive rating of 78. That means they score 78 points per 100 possessions. That is the worst offensive efficiency of any lineup in the league with more than 100 minutes. Next closest is a Wizards bench unit with Price/Beal/Ariza/Booker/Okafor which is over 5 points at 83.3

Return to Orlando Magic